Ideas for the Future

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Sirnight

Re: Ideas for the Future

Beitrag von Sirnight »

API for BAHN

It would allow complex & dynamic operations.

Something like:
SetProperty(name/id, new_state);
Interrupts for train detection:
TrainAtJuction(junction_id, train_id); etc.
and blocking for signal system:
GetNextSignal(train_id);
GetFollowingSignal(current_signal_id);

With a good API you could do all kinds of new & nasty things (multiplayer bahn [img]icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ).
From this time forward, my sword shall be with you and your fate shall be with me. Now, our contract is complete. (Saber)
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">API for BAHN

It would allow complex & dynamic operations.

Something like:
SetProperty(name/id, new_state);
Interrupts for train detection:
TrainAtJuction(junction_id, train_id); etc.
and blocking for signal system:
GetNextSignal(train_id);
GetFollowingSignal(current_signal_id);

With a good API you could do all kinds of new & nasty things (multiplayer bahn [img]icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ).</tr></td></table>Yes, this would be cool and would offer lots of new possibilities, but you primarily could chase away users from BAHN by this, as hardly any one would be able to understand it [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von micha88 am Samstag 9. August 2008, 23:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Now my asking is a much littler:
INHERITING TEXT OPTIONS...

I often use the same colour and background in layout text formatting.
E.g. black text on white background....
</tr></td></table>

Yes, I believe we will get it in future (i.e. in more near future than some of the other proposals [img]icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

Grtx
Jan B.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">My main problem with the 'off duty' status is that I'm not sure where the train exactly is when it needs to go off duty. However I do know at what location a train should go off duty.
The off duty is code not really useful (in the data change signs) You can't set a train to 'Off-Duty now' (eg time coded using I=*)...
</tr></td></table>

When I understand it right, you may use the "Y=" option at a data change point for this.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
You always have to supply an on- and off-duty time...
</tr></td></table>

Not for the way I mentioned above.

I hope this will help.

Grtx
Jan B.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Geschrieben am 11.09.2006 08:18</tr></td></table>

:-)
Zuletzt geändert von Chris am Donnerstag 14. August 2008, 22:45, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

I suppose the proprty inheriting also for train-type-turnouts.
I often biuld railway lines where there are stations after each other where the same types of trains stop only.
It is a bit circuitous to set the same properties at all stations.

If I open a train window (Editing Train) it would be grateful if the program could be display the train consist also in text.
E.g. I point with the mouse (or click) on a vehicle in the consist picture and the prgoram shows the textual description of that vehicle.

Combined junction turnout, by route and train type

+1 (+2?) level for overpasses.
E.g. I have built an underground line in level -1. There is a city street above it and I want to build an overpass across above them.
Now the solution is to make the underground track to level -2, but it would be more friendly to biuld an overpass simply.
-by-
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">+1 (+2?) level for overpasses.
E.g. I have built an underground line in level -1. There is a city street above it and I want to build an overpass across above them.
Now the solution is to make the underground track to level -2, but it would be more friendly to biuld an overpass simply.</tr></td></table>

Since 5 levels should be enough for anyone, I have suggested in the past that how many of these layers are above or below ground (more accurately, how many layers are transparent by default) should be something which can be configured for each layout, alone with a switch to enable transparency.

Of course, this requires that background images do not appear in front of tracks on lower levels, as happens now.
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

A little idea, or a request :)

Is it possible to create just one more type of signal - city traffic light?

I think, the best way to do that wil be to make it as one of the existing types of railway crossing signal - to include yellow signal into red as a part of its animation.

It seems to me that a traffic light will be very useful as many creators build their own cities, which, of course, cannot exist without ones.
Christopher Spies

Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

Good evening,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">5 levels should be enough for anyone</tr></td></table>
be careful! People once thought that 640kB of RAM should be enough for every computer [img]icon_lol.gif[/img] !

Cheers,
- Christopher
Zuletzt geändert von Christopher Spies am Freitag 29. August 2008, 23:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">A little idea, or a request :)

Is it possible to create just one more type of signal - city traffic light?

I think, the best way to do that will be to make it as one of the existing types of railway crossing signal - to include yellow signal into red as a part of its animation.

It seems to me that a traffic light will be very useful as many creators build their own cities, which, of course, cannot exist without ones.</tr></td></table>

This is not a problem of graphics: There is a serious difference between railway-related signals and traffic lights. The red and green lights have a similar function. But the yellow light is completely different: For railway-related signals, it means "Caution, reduce speed, brake, await stop". But for traffic lights it means "Start soon" (when shown after red light, in some countries only) or "Double your speed" (when shown after green light).

In result, you should not use some yellow lights for traffic signals in BAHN, but red and green only (as often used for pedestrian signals).

Grtx
Jan B.
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Is it possible to create just one more type of signal - city traffic light?</tr></td></table>
there exists an example with a combined signal. A little fiddling with helper signals and signal systems, and you have a combined signal showing free (green) - expect stop (yellow) - stop (red).
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Sasha, the combined signal has another order of signals: not RYG, but GYR. I've never seen such traffic lights, maybe you? [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

0-0-0
Zuletzt geändert von Ilya am Mittwoch 3. September 2008, 18:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Sasha, the combined signal has another order of signals: not RYG, but GYR. I've never seen such traffic lights, maybe you? Bild

Jan, you see, there is a possibility for traffic lights. You've created this type of railway crossing signal, which has a 'fictious' yellow light.
Bild
When it becomes closed, the yellow signal appears for a second, while in fact it has already closed because of a BAHN signal counter system and thus no trains can pass it when it becomes yellow. Then, the red signal appears. When it opens (becomes 'green'), then the red turns off.

The only thing to do about it is to create similar signal, which will have, of course, no X-sign and will have the green light (instead of no one). It really seems possible, doesn't it? Bild
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

My new wish is:
Changing transparency of empty square elements in a block.
1. marking the desired area
2. choosing a new menu command "Change transparency on area"
3. setting any value of "No transparent" | "Glass" | "Transparent".

Why should it be useful?
When we create longer underground lines not covered by else elements and we want to show ist traffic also from level 0. Now it requires very long time to set transparency step-by-step, for each empty element in a larger area.
-by-
Antworten