problem going off duty as non profit trip

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
broodje

problem going off duty as non profit trip

Beitrag von broodje »

I'm having a small problem with beta 7, but I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong syntax or if it is a bug.
I'm using a data change point to set the going off duty and going on duty for a set of trams. I want the trams to go off and on duty as a non-revenue trip so I use the following line: <pre>5(i=16:40-16:46,D1=7:04#,O1=16:56#)</pre>
So the tram should go off duty at 16:56 and should go to it's base depot as a non-revenue trip, the following day it should go on duty at 7:04, also as a non-profit trip.
The going on duty part works correctly, but for some reason the tram does not go off duty as non-revenue trip. It does go off duty, but it still stops at every platform (the status is OR). I can of course fix this problem by making the train 'special' (I only have to ad ,c=s in the code line) but I do not think that should be the solution? It neither helps if I give the depot name/track in the code that orders the train to go off duty. (eg: 5(i=16:40-16:46,D1=7:04#,O1=16:56:Havenstraat:3#)

I hope anyone can help.

PS. in the manual the status given for trains underway is 'U' while it is 'O' in the program.
Jan Bochmann
Re: problem going off duty as non profit trip

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I'm having a small problem with beta 7, but I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong syntax or if it is a bug.
</tr></td></table>

It is a bug. The "as non-revenue" property is ignored in some situation here. You can check it: After passing the data change point, the train copied the data, but missing the "#" character after the depot name.

A similar problem is when you gave such a line inclusive a depot name and track number with "#": When renumbering the track number or deleting the depot, then the entry will neither be changed correctly nor removed.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I can of course fix this problem by making the train 'special' (I only have to ad ,c=s in the code line) but I do not think that should be the solution?</tr></td></table>

No, however it is a workaround.

Thank you for info, it will be fixed.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
PS. in the manual the status given for trains underway is 'U' while it is 'O' in the program.</tr></td></table>

'U' is the German version ("unterwegs") but 'O' the English one ("on way").
What manual do you mean?

Kind regards
Jan B.
broodje

Beitrag von broodje »

I have the English version of Bahn. In-game, in the status window of a train the train has as status 'O' when it is on it's way. The manual however states that the status should be 'U' when it is driving. You can see this on the 'status of a train' page in the F1 manual. not a big problem, it just striked me as odd when I saw it.
<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Thank you for info, it will be fixed. </tr></td></table>
Heh, no thank you for keeping me of the street and out of the bar with Bahn for 4,5 years already... (oh wait maybe I shouldn't be happy with that [img]icon_wink.gif[/img] )
Zuletzt geändert von broodje am Mittwoch 16. Mai 2007, 10:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

U for "under way" makes more sense to me in English than O for "on way", so perhaps the program should be changed to match the manual, rather than vice versa?
DerPhysiker

Beitrag von DerPhysiker »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">U for "under way" makes more sense to me in English than O for "on way", so perhaps the program should be changed to match the manual, rather than vice versa?</tr></td></table>

Well, since the translation of "unterwegs" is either "on the way" or "in transit", the "O" is fine.

DerPhysiker
[img]icon_cool.gif[/img]
Physiker
8)
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

I always find it useful to think twice about dictionary translations, which may be either wrong or simply inappropriate in the context.

"on the way" = in the process of coming from or going to some place

"under way" = in motion

The context of status O is that a vehicle is moving, as opposed to being stopped (S), at a halt (H), waiting time (T), obstructed (B), parked (D) or awaiting a join (C), so "on the way" (which carries an implied connotation of coming from or going to a specific place) is not appropriate in this context - the motion is important, the direction is not ;)

One of these days I'll pick through the string file and see what I can find.

Zuletzt als neu markiert von Anonymous am Mittwoch 9. Dezember 2009, 05:52.
Antworten