Large stations

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Gast

Large stations

Beitrag von Gast »

I am making a 40-track station. I have 2 problems:

1. How can I make one timing point for the entire station?
2. There are trains coming into the station from the east and the west, but no through trains. How can I make the shunting points so that trains from the east and trains from the west can reverse? The only way I can think of is putting shunting points on each side of the platform, but then trains would just keep reversing forever.
Chris

Re: Large stations

Beitrag von Chris »

The answers are very simple, but not necessarily obvious.

Give two or more timing points the same name to share data between them, though be warned that IIRC trains depart on a first-in-first-out basis, so you may want to set up different points for different routes.

If the tracks are long enough for double berthing, put the shunting point in the middle of the track. If they are not, again assign separate routes to trains coming from different direction, and specify in the shunting point dialog which trains reverse at which end. You may or may not be able to merge shunting points in the same way you can timing points.

Hope this is of some use. :)
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Give two or more timing points the same name to share data between them, though be warned that IIRC trains depart on a first-in-first-out basis, so you may want to set up different points for different routes.</tr></td></table>
only 8 tracks per timing point are allowed, but with time controlled signal systems up to ∞ tracks [img]icon_wink.gif[/img] can be controlled. I'm afraid it's not a full replacement for TPs.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Of course, one wonders what sort of terminus has 40 tracks accessible from two sides with strict FIFO operation. [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]

Zuletzt als neu markiert von Anonymous am Montag 1. Februar 2010, 21:16.
Antworten