Very strange big bugs found in 3.84

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Ilya
Very strange big bugs found in 3.84

Beitrag von Ilya »

I'm modifying the HAUS model (just for myself). I've made signals for subway and now, with 3.84r1, I'm putting the stations from 'ground' level to '-1' one. What I have is a traditional two-track station with four signals (a pair of 'beforestation' and 'afterstation' signals for each track). I don't think I need to explain how the system works, it's quite understandable.

When I cut the station from ground and paste it to '-1' level connecting it back with the whole subway line, I get strange things. Sometimes a yellow light appears on signals which lost the option of yellow distant light to be dependant on any other signal (So if I double-click the signal strangely showing yellow, I won't find the 'distant signal depends on red signal' option set, there won't be anything written there!). Moreover, when first train arrives to the just pasted station and bypasses the 'beforestation' signal, the counters of signal systems increase if needed, (plus-effect, 's123+') but do not lower if they should (minus-effect, 's123')!

More strange things happen while trying to cut'n'paste a station with some junctions and signals for the trains changing from one track to another. As you know, making such a station work perfect requires many difficult logical functions. When I cut'n'paste such a station, usually either I get chaos on it or simply program crashes.

If it might help, I can send you the whole layout via e-mail and you could make some experiments with subway stations to see what exactly I get or maybe to catch more bugs.

Regards,
Ilya

P.S.I think it will be a good solution of the problem, if all the signals are cut and pasted with all the parameters and options they have installed by user.
micha88
Re: Very strange big bugs found in 3.84

Beitrag von micha88 »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I'm modifying the HAUS model (just for myself). I've made signals for subway and now, with 3.84r1, I'm putting the stations from 'ground' level to '-1' one. What I have is a traditional two-track station with four signals (a pair of 'beforestation' and 'afterstation' signals for each track). I don't think I need to explain how the system works, it's quite understandable.

When I cut the station from ground and paste it to '-1' level connecting it back with the whole subway line, I get strange things. Sometimes a yellow light appears on signals which lost the option of yellow distant light to be dependant on any other signal (So if I double-click the signal strangely showing yellow, I won't find the 'distant signal depends on red signal' option set, there won't be anything written there!). Moreover, when first train arrives to the just pasted station and bypasses the 'beforestation' signal, the counters of signal systems increase if needed, (plus-effect, 's123+') but do not lower if they should (minus-effect, 's123')!

More strange things happen while trying to cut'n'paste a station with some junctions and signals for the trains changing from one track to another. As you know, making such a station work perfect requires many difficult logical functions. When I cut'n'paste such a station, usually either I get chaos on it or simply program crashes.

If it might help, I can send you the whole layout via e-mail and you could make some experiments with subway stations to see what exactly I get or maybe to catch more bugs.

Regards,
Ilya

P.S.I think it will be a good solution of the problem, if all the signals are cut and pasted with all the parameters and options they have installed by user.</tr></td></table>Please note that copying oder cutting and pasting (it's nearly the same) signals is a really difficult thing. It also in previous BAHN versions, this caused problems.

Why don't you use the move function? It has the results you wish, it's faster and it is more secure.
Bild
Trix

Re: Very strange big bugs found in 3.84

Beitrag von Trix »

Hello,

I've found another bug in Bahn 3.84.
I'm building a huge network since Bahn 3.83. It got through all 3.84 beta's without problems, but now I've got a problem with it using the non-beta version.

When I try to install a new car fleet and click the button to select the user-defined cars, i get an error message #493 "Error reading Bahn.fzg or Name.nfz or Name.uzz". Another window pops up and says something about searching for a vehicle number and to type F12 to cancel search.

When I close the error message window, it continues normally and allows me to install any car fleet I want. Furthermore, this message does not appear again if I close the user-defined car list, get back to the car fleet insall menu and then select the user-defined cars again. It still appears when I completely close all windows related to the insallation of cars and then I repeat the operations described above.

When I press the F12 key, Bahn crashes and must be shut down from the task manager.

I reinstalled Bahn after cleaning up all previous versions (including beta) and it does the same. On a new file using the same car fleets this error does not occur. My file had been saved in the Bahn 3.84 format and by that time the user-defined cars had been already installed since a previous Beta version.

However, I've managed to get through this by sending all cars off-duty and then removing them one by one. Then I removed all user-defined car fleets and re-installed them. After I've done this, I've got this bug no more.

There would have been extremely complicate to work this around if I had too many trains with user-defined cars.

Well, I've done a mistake by going through Beta versions with a huge network, but it seems strange to me that the error occurs in a final version and has never occured in any Beta version. I wonder if this could happen on layouts directly imported from an older stable version to the current one. I hope it does not.

Greetins,
Trix
Zuletzt geändert von Trix am Sonntag 23. September 2007, 15:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten