Problem with Bahn 3.84r3

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
johanmark

Problem with Bahn 3.84r3

Beitrag von johanmark »

Hello:

When I run Bahn 3.84r3 in Windows 98 it appears this:

http://www.bahnazubis-nord.de/bahnforum/upload/Problem.jpg

But when I run Bahn 3.84r2 it works fine.

What´s the problem?

Thanks.

Dateianhang/Attachment:
Bild
Jan Bochmann
Re: Problem with Bahn 3.84r3

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello:

When I run Bahn 3.84r3 in Windows 98 it appears this:

http://www.bahnazubis-nord.de/bahnforum/upload/Problem.jpg

But when I run Bahn 3.84r2 it works fine.

What´s the problem?

Thanks.</tr></td></table>

The reason is BAHN 3.84r3 contains some optimizations that are not compatible with Win98 and WinME (and some others that are not compatible with WinXPSP2 and Vista). Sorry for that. A fix of the problem is in preparation.

With kind regards
Jan B.
johanmark

Beitrag von johanmark »

Thank you very much for your response, Jan.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Thank you very much for your response, Jan.</tr></td></table>

Please, de-install BAHN 3.84r3, and try to download and install BAHN 3.84r3a instead (available since today). I hope it will help.

With kind regards
Jan B.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello Jan:

Now it works fine with BAHN 3.84r3a.

Thank you very much.
johanmark

Beitrag von johanmark »

Hello Jan:

Now it works fine with Bahn 3.84r3a.

Thank you very much.
Ton Laduc

Beitrag von Ton Laduc »

That problem is solved, but another problem still exists.

This is the problem that when I follow a train the graphic sometimes stops for about 2 seconds.

I think it was already discussed in the German part of the forum. The problem starts occurring with release 3 under Vista and XP SP3. I didn't tested release 3a under XP SP3, but under Vista it still exists.

It always happens when the train is at the edge of the window and Bahn wants refresh the window. You can see in the status-bar that the train is still moving, so it looks like a kind of freezing of the window.
After 2 seconds the program continues at the point where the train is. So it looks likes the program is "jumping".

I've tried to change the fps-feature and also the braking multiplier. I use the newest drivers on my computer.

Greetings,

Ton.
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">This is the problem that when I follow a train the graphic sometimes stops for about 2 seconds.</tr></td></table>
this is a sidekick of the separation of calculating and displaying into two threads. These two threads can use two CPU or CPU cores, resp., making BAHN faster on multi-core machines. But it also allows the graphical thread to be slower than the calculating thread, which results in a pausing output.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Ton Laduc

Beitrag von Ton Laduc »

Sacha,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">These two threads can use two CPU or CPU cores, resp., making BAHN faster on multi-core machines. But it also allows the graphical thread to be slower than the calculating thread, which results in a pausing output.</tr></td></table>

I guess you're right! I use two computers, one with a Intel Centrino Duo and one with an MD Turion64 X2. Both computers have dual-cored CPU's.

I hope Jan will find a solution for this problem.
Ton Laduc

Beitrag von Ton Laduc »

I've switched off the use of dual-core by Bahn. Unfortunately the problem occurs again. [img]icon_cry.gif[/img]

So the problem is not the dual-core. I think it's a problem with graphics.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello:

When I run Bahn 3.84r3 in Windows 98 it appears this:</tr></td></table>

I can confirm the same problem under WINE, and also that r3a fixes it.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

New problem: using the mouse wheel to scroll moves the cursor along the y-axis, but the position highlight on the edit window doesn't update unless the cursor moves to the edge of the displayed area.
Antworten