Coupling problem

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
1993matias
Coupling problem

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hi everyone!

I'm having a little problem here, i hav a station that have three lines going out (look at images), i want to make route A, that come from west uncouple to two half-trains; route A goes south, and rear-part now route B goes east. It's the route-thing that i can't figure out. Can anyone help me?

Bild
Bild
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
DerPhysiker

Re: Coupling problem

Beitrag von DerPhysiker »

Hi 1993matias,

first things first: Welcome to the Bahn-Forum Bild

I haven't used the English version, so some of my translations might be off, but I hope it is still understandable. Also, I'll try to describe with words what you need to do, since I'm not familiar with the English abbreviations...

What you need is a shunting point, where you need to enter that route A is switching/shunting and the back part of the train gets a new route name B.
Make sure that the shunting points default is set to "keep going". Also, in the "Shunting options" tab you need to check the following:

(a) separate trains if possible
(b) new route for back part of the train

If you later want to couple the two pieces back together, and continue as route A, you also might want to check

(c) new train number for back part of the train

On the return, make sure (!) that route B arrives at the station first, and set a shunting point which is valid for route B only, and in the shunting options check the "forward part of train in coupling mode" and "do not turn around". Also make sure that the "turn train around" checkbox is UNchecked.

I have attached 4 screen shots, the first two are from the shunting point for the uncoupling trains (RB50043 is the incoming route, RB50044 is what the second half of the train becomes), the latter two pictures are for the return, RB50044 arrives first and has the higher train number (you need to make sure of this for it to work).

DerPhysiker
Bild

Dateianhang:
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von DerPhysiker am Dienstag 20. Januar 2009, 21:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Physiker
8)
DerPhysiker

Here is the details screen shot for the separating shunting point:

Dateianhang:
Bild
Physiker
8)
DerPhysiker

Here's the coupling shunting point...

Dateianhang:
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von DerPhysiker am Dienstag 20. Januar 2009, 21:41, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Physiker
8)
DerPhysiker

...and its details

Hope this helps!

Dateianhang:
Bild
Physiker
8)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Thank you very much!!! It works!

BUT remember to uncheck the box "shuttle train", or it will not uncouple. Thats anoying.
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
Antworten