Simple Signal Editor

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten

Simple Signal Editor

Beitrag von guest »

I love BAHN but I have a problem that prevents me from registering yet. My eyesight is poor and signals with only one pixel showing red or green are hard to see. I know it won't be so realistic but I need to create signals with larger areas of colour. I see many people design wonderful signals but how do they create all the variations? Is there a simple signal editor available? I would write my own but I know it won't be as good as someone with more BAHN experience than me. I would be most grateful for responses.

Brian Ellsmore
Jan Bochmann
Re: Simple Signal Editor

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
guest hat geschrieben:I love BAHN but I have a problem that prevents me from registering yet. My eyesight is poor and signals with only one pixel showing red or green are hard to see...
Is that more a problem of color or more of size? I know there are someones who have a serious problem with e.g. red and green color difference. Then, the best solution is to use mechanical signals (semaphores and disks). In the schematic view instead, you may alter the standard colors to something of more contrast in brightness and color.
guest hat geschrieben: I know it won't be so realistic but I need to create signals with larger areas of colour.
However, for instance traffic lights often have larger lamps then railway signals (especially the German railway light signals have very small lamps).
guest hat geschrieben: I see many people design wonderful signals...
As far as I know there are only a few ones. But I hope the number will grow up.
guest hat geschrieben: ...but how do they create all the variations? Is there a simple signal editor available?
No, sorry. BAHN 3.85 contains an integrated editor. I call it "simple", but simple is meant in a way that it has only a few features. You will find details about it at http://www.jbss.de at "User-defined graphics, Signals" and in the BAHN Help.
guest hat geschrieben: I would write my own but I know it won't be as good as someone with more BAHN experience than me.
I think the best would be to make a copy of some signals that already exist and to change them step-by-step. I believe I can try to make a user-defined set of a more schematic but larger light signal as stop, distant and combined signal.

Edit: Some idea to show what we are talking about:

Bild

The examples for right from way (right-handed traffic) have an 3x4 matrix, i.e. 12 pixels per lamp.
The examples for left from way (left-handed) own an 3x3 matrix, i.e. 9 pixels per lamp.

To get more contrast, the pole could get a white color instead of black (or red, or yellow, or a combination, front view, side view?, rear view?).

A 4x4 matrix of 16 pixels per lamp would be possible too. However, I mean a more round lamp looks better than a rectangle of this size.

With kind regards,
Jan B.
guest but not for long

Beitrag von guest but not for long »

Danke, Herr Bochmann (I hope that is the correct way to say thank you).

Your little pictures have exactly fullfilled my need!

I have used your 'simple' editor and it is fine but.... I think I have to create a false layout with all 32 signals on it to then edit each one. This is not fun or easy. Perhaps I am missing a point here. I have used fzgc2 to split the uz1 file into its gz1 parts but these cannot be edited with your editor - or maybe I am wrong!

Please put me on the right track :)

Brian Ellsmore
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply.
guest but not for long hat geschrieben:Danke, Herr Bochmann (I hope that is the correct way to say thank you).

Your little pictures have exactly fullfilled my need!

I have used your 'simple' editor and it is fine but.... I think I have to create a false layout with all 32 signals on it to then edit each one.
Yes.
guest but not for long hat geschrieben:
This is not fun or easy.
Yes. Especially when you have a problem with eyesight.
guest but not for long hat geschrieben:
Perhaps I am missing a point here. I have used fzgc2 to split the uz1 file into its gz1 parts but these cannot be edited with your editor - or maybe I am wrong!

Please put me on the right track :)

Brian Ellsmore
It is the only possible way to edit the single .gz1 parts each after the other, and then -optionally- to combine them to a .uz1 file again.

However, I did the job now. You can find some signals of this kind for download now, in the "user-defined graphics" section of http://www.jbss.de.

With kind regards,
Jan Bochmann
Antworten