BAHN 3.85r3

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Ilya
BAHN 3.85r3

Beitrag von Ilya »

Hello everyone!

Sorry to mention that, but the new BAHN 3.85r3 seems not to work properly :(

Get access violations and exceptions when work in any layout of 3.85r2 and previous - program terminates. :(

Don't know about 3.85r3 ones, but included demo_0.nt3 seems to run ok, though.

Bild

Regards,
Ilya.
Jan Bochmann
Re: BAHN 3.85r3 Problem

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
Ilya hat geschrieben:Hello everyone!

Sorry to mention that, but the new BAHN 3.85r3 seems not to work properly :(

Get access violations and exceptions when work in any layout of 3.85r2 and previous - program terminates. :(

Don't know about 3.85r3 ones, but included demo_0.nt3 seems to run ok, though.

Bild

Regards,
Ilya.
Could you give some more details please:

"Any layout" - means "all"? I tried it with many layouts from my own collection and from the Layout Archive website, with no problem.

Is there some example available for me, i.e. from the Layout Archives Website or from my own one?

Does the problem occur while loading the layout, or after?

Does it occur when simulation is running, or even in stopped status?

Is it possible to prevent it when zooming out to schematic view before loading a layout?

Does it occur also when you did not load any layout but the start example is running?

What OS do you use?

Regards,
Jan B.
Ilya
Re: BAHN 3.85r3

Beitrag von Ilya »

Hello!
"Any layout" - means "all"? I tried it with many layouts from my own collection and from the Layout Archive website, with no problem.

Is there some example available for me, i.e. from the Layout Archives Website or from my own one?
For you to check from JBSS-Archiv:
- Wandernetz "Regio" ver.704
- Jaunakmene (downloaded, re-saved with no changes in 3.85r2)
Does the problem occur while loading the layout, or after?
After. You may load the layout, run it, make changes etc, but some minutes later the program crashes. I got this message every time when used fast navigation keys (PgUp, PgDn, Del, End, Home) several times one after another.

One more point: both layouts I'm talking about include certain missing user-defined graphics. Maybe is here something wrong about it?
Does it occur when simulation is running, or even in stopped status?
Got that trouble in both cases.
Is it possible to prevent it when zooming out to schematic view before loading a layout?
Hm... don't know. I'll check.
Does it occur also when you did not load any layout but the start example is running?
Both start example and demo_0.nt3 (included in package) work perfectly.
What OS do you use?
Windows XP SP2.

Regards,
Ilya.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

I could be wrong, but a read on a nice clean low address such as 0x500 would seem to me that either a value has been written directly to a pointer, or an attempt has been made to dereference something that isn't a pointer.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I could be wrong, but a read on a nice clean low address such as 0x500 would seem to me that either a value has been written directly to a pointer, or an attempt has been made to dereference something that isn't a pointer.
It was a reference to a (NULL pointer + some offset), ofcourse. Check for NULL became a victim of optimization before. And it was only reading attempt to -wrong- pixel data, i.e. not very dangerous, even if Windows would have allowed it.

The combination of (old style user-defined vehicles, i.e. .ufg file, + normal view Zoom 1:1 or higher) was precondition.

Now it should work better, I hope.

Grtx
Jan B.
Antworten