Liveries of German Railways in the 1950ies

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
1993matias
Liveries of German Railways in the 1950ies

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Another - quite off-topic - quiestion:
Wich livery did Deuthsche Bundesbahn and Deutsche Reichsbahn use about 1955? I'm interested in regional trains, intercity/rapid trains, Rheingold/TEE, night trains and locomotive liveries. I hope it's not too off-topic in relation to this thread :mrgreen:

Edited: Split from old Thread Easy build-up areas —Sascha Claus
Chris

Re: Easy build-up areas

Beitrag von Chris »

As to your area question, copy/paste to fill the area, and then customize it later.

The livery thing is probably off-topic, but if it helps the period seems to be known as "Epoch III". I'm sure I've seen a site showing old photographs with a description, but I can't seem to find it.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

1993matias hat geschrieben:Another - quite off-topic - quiestion:
Wich livery did Deuthsche Bundesbahn and Deutsche Reichsbahn use about 1955? I'm interested in regional trains, intercity/rapid trains, Rheingold/TEE, night trains and locomotive liveries. I hope it's not too off-topic in relation to this thread :mrgreen:
First important thing: Classes were reassigned in 1956. Old 1st and old 2nd class became the new 1st class, old 3rd class became the new 2nd class.
Almost all passenger cars were dark green in this time. Restaurant cars and sleeping cars were dark red.
1st class cars (until 1956 1st and 2nd class) for rapid trains of Bundesbahn were dark blue. Some couchette coaches of Bundesbahn were also dark blue.

There were only normal rapid trains ("D-Zug") and Bundesbahn had additionally some important rapid Trains ("F-Zug"), which were composed only of blue 1st class cars, Rheingold was a normal F-Zug this time. InterCity and TEE didn't exist in 1955.

Steam Locos were all black :wink: Electric locomotives most dark green, some blue. Diesel locomotives were dark red.
Bild
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
micha88 hat geschrieben:Almost all passenger cars were dark green in this time. Restaurant cars and sleeping cars were dark red.
wasn't it wine red?

There is an English Wikipedia article on Schnellzug with a few sentences on colours.
Steam Locos were all black :wink:
But the undercarriage was red. :wink:
Electric locomotives most dark green, some blue. Diesel locomotives were dark red.
Electric locos dark green, only locos with a top speed of more than 120km/h were blue.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias
Re: Liveries of German Railways in the 1950ies

Beitrag von 1993matias »

:) Thank you all for your answers. I'm glad for the fast replies. But again sorry for the giant off-topic leap - although it still has something to do with the original question: it is the same layout :P
VT18.16.10
Re: Liveries of German Railways in the 1950ies

Beitrag von VT18.16.10 »

Hi,

there's a list on the European Railway Server.

http://www.railfaneurope.net/liveries/germacol.gif

CU
Michael
Antworten