Wandernetze in english

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
1993matias
Wandernetze in english

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hello everyone

I would like to suggest beginning a new WN in english, like this.

Anyone in? Any suggestions for a theme?

I hope this will be succes :)
Sascha Claus

Re: Wandernetze in english

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I would like to suggest beginning a new WN in english, like this.

Anyone in? Any suggestions for a theme?

I hope this will be succes :)
a success like “four left it as time passed by because they had no time for BAHN anymore, two are still active workers and one ‘passive’ worker”? :wink:

The English Teamwork is still prospering and looking for new co-workers, although the JBSS-Archive doesn't update its downloads anymore. Currently, it has 50% non-German active workers, the highest quota ever! :lol: Everyone is welcome to increase this even further!
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

The good news is that there seems to be a new release up on the page. The bad news is that the server doesn't want to let me take it (HTTP 500).

I keep threatening to volunteer to jump on one of these. Maybe once I've taken a look at how things are looking on WNEN1 I'll make a decision.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

Chris hat geschrieben:The good news is that there seems to be a new release up on the page. The bad news is that the server doesn't want to let me take it (HTTP 500).
Oh, I simply forgot to upload this file :oops: Now it should work.

All the upper 4 teamworks (3, 8, 13 and 1st English teamwork project) are currently active but I have only UMTS connection so I cannot continously upload all the versions.
Bild
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I keep threatening to volunteer to jump on one of these. Maybe once I've taken a look at how things are looking on WNEN1 I'll make a decision.
we're looking forward to face this threat! :twisted: After 4.17 years, I updated the map of our teamwork:

Bild

In the Northeast, there is endless free space outside this map (but Sirnight called the line from his capital to the northeast “Polar Line” :wink: ), the nameless ocean might also have a northern shore. Yenz and I would prefer new settlements in the southwest, to further encircle the Midlands. I'd especially prefer a new eastern neighbour, but be aware that River Ribble Railway is electrified with 750V= 3rd rail and the railways in my southwestern corner are narrow gauge. :wink:
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'll be more than happy to join, in the southwestern corner (further down River Ribble), if its okay? And is there a special theme for trains (e.g. only British)?
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I'll be more than happy to join, in the southwestern corner (further down River Ribble), if its okay?
yes, of course, you're welcome! (takes a lasso and ropes Matias before he has a chance to change his mind) :wink:
And is there a special theme for trains (e.g. only British)?
It's called “English”, but in my northwestern exclave Lipsiaderry I'm going to use Northern Irish rolling stock, Parnell features Irish locos, Nene Firth County and the Midlands use British stock and English placenames, I'm using Scottish placenames in Neneshire and DW used … you might already guess it. :roll: Sirnight is building a Japanese style metro network, so nearly everything is allowed even if you adhere to the existing themes. :D

The constructor's schedule can be found below the versions table, yenz is currently inactive so you can use his slots for building. You could begin Saturday morning, on Septembre, 25th.

Some English (and much more German) information about the other areas in the 1st English Teamwork Project (WN EN) article in the BAHNwiki.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'm not sure if I can build from the 25th, but I'll try.

Is it okay if I copy-paste from another layout?

It is the top-most layout I shall download, right?
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I'm not sure if I can build from the 25th, but I'll try.
we will see. The Teamwork won't run away. :)
Is it okay if I copy-paste from another layout?
If you don't steal other people's work. But copying from your own layouts or from other layouts with permission of their creators is ok.
It is the top-most layout I shall download, right?
No, we send the teamwork to a mailing list at deadline. So I need your e-mail address to add you to the list (you can send it via PM in the forum if you don't want to put it publicly). On Saturday you should check your spam filters, since mails with teamworks are sometimes caught by them.

I'm daily available on euIRC in channel [url=irc://irc.euirc.net/#jbssbahn]#jbssbahn[/url], which also has a Web-Frontend for the browser.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Okay, I'll add my e-mail to my profile. I will spend most of the first days making my network fit, so no connections will be made :)
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

What sort of style are you going to run with for your patch? I think I'll jump on, but I'd rather do something different. Even "British" provides a lot of scope, given each small part of the network has its peculiarities.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I think I will make something "European", nothing specific; just taking what I like. But it won't be "British".
E-mail: Bild
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I got the newest file, but when I open it, it says:
Error reading file "bahn.fzg"
Vehicle set number = 25178 Error code = 5

What does that mean?
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

Hello and Welcome to the 1st English Teamwork!
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Graphics error 5 is "Vehicle set not found". If it's happening in bahn.fzg then it probably meanas you're not running the most recent version of BAHN.
Antworten