Wandernetze in english

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Sascha Claus

Re: Wandernetze in english

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Vehicle set number = 25178 Error code = 5
that's the new Swiss double-deck EMU for the Zürich S-Bahn, the Dutch Sprinter Light Train is also missing in prior versions of BAHN.
Chris hat geschrieben:Graphics error 5 is "Vehicle set not found". If it's happening in bahn.fzg then it probably meanas you're not running the most recent version of BAHN.
We are working with BAHN 3.85r3, it's free for registered users of 3.85(r1) and 3.85r2.

Edit: removed last paragraph, as I just tried and found out that it was wrong.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Ok, thank you :D

By the way, can I add something about my area/country in the wiki?
Sascha Claus

Hello again,

as you might have noticed, matias1993 is now working in the English Teamwork and has staked (and named) his claims (the whole southwest):
Bild

Northeast is still plenty of room: Remember that this map shows only a quarter of the currently possible size of a layout.

If anyone wants to join, he (or she) is welcome, preferred place for new settlements is east of North Bay. To have look, the current version is available for download (3.5 MiB).
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Hmm... most of the fringes at the east are using trains too tall and too long for my usual tastes - tall is less of an issue, but normally I tend to work to a limit of 320m (20el) for passengers and 500m (32el) for freight. Any objections to me hacking your trains in half at the borders? :)

I'd given some thought to shifting the layout some 8192 elements to the right and building on the west, since Parnell and L'Derry look a bit lonely.

In general, I'm looking at plopping what will eventually be a couple of large-ish cities and a number of provincial towns on the map on one side, and doing something decidedly more rural on the other. The style would be generally British, though each main line would reflect a different aspect of the network.

What do you think?
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:but normally I tend to work to a limit of 320m (20el) for passengers and 500m (32el) for freight. Any objections to me hacking your trains in half at the borders? :)
hmm … IC110 »Enterprise Express« is 14e/220m short due to platform length constraints in Parnell Country, IR110 is 20e/320m due to platform length constraints in the Midlands. IC/IR120 are 32e/500m as double traction, i. e. they already have a predetermined breaking point :wink: . IR112 has two of them, IR122 is 21e/330m, but short enough if you uncouple the mail and baggage car (the one with the thick, diagonal, yellow stripes). IC/IR123 »Polar Express« are already divided in Broughton, same as IR122 applies to their longer part. But I'd prefer running them to the North Pole (northeast) as a whole, so you might combine them again at the opposite border.

I think that nobody will be harmed by hacking my trains in pieces, as long as you don't send them over the hump for shunting.
I'd given some thought to shifting the layout some 8192 elements to the right and building on the west, since Parnell and L'Derry look a bit lonely.
Nice idea, but I should ask the others about this earthquake. :shock:
In general, I'm looking at plopping what will eventually be a couple of large-ish cities and a number of provincial towns on the map on one side, and doing something decidedly more rural on the other.
In the west, it would start rural and become urban. In the east, it might start urban and become rural with much intercity traffic LipsiaPerth (my one) – ; CordenAlat'urus; or EranthasSaranthova.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:IR122 is 21e/330m, but short enough if you uncouple the mail and baggage car (the one with the thick, diagonal, yellow stripes).
I think I can squeeze that one in. :)
IC/IR123 »Polar Express« are already divided in Broughton, same as IR122 applies to their longer part. But I'd prefer running them to the North Pole (northeast) as a whole, so you might combine them again at the opposite border.
Hmm. I suspect that'll have to stay in one piece north of Eranthas, for the sake of the passengers more than anything else.
I think that nobody will be harmed by hacking my trains in pieces, as long as you don't send them over the hump for shunting.
No risk of that - loose shunting hasn't been allowed here for at least 30 years, and I'll reflect that in my operations. "No humping in the yard" - and that goes for the trains too. ;)
In the east, it might start urban and become rural with much intercity traffic LipsiaPerth (my one) – ; CordenAlat'urus; or EranthasSaranthova.
FWIW, the routes I'd imagined were those plus some services coming from the east through Perth operating to Blackley.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I suspect that'll have to stay in one piece north of Eranthas, for the sake of the passengers more than anything else.
a high-capacity rail corridor with 32e/500m platforms at least at the IC stations (large towns with some 100.000 inhabitants or major railway hubs)? The IR trains could be fitted with selective door opening. :)
FWIW, the routes I'd imagined were those plus some services coming from the east through Perth operating to Blackley.
Rush hour trains or early morning/late evening trains or a schedule with regular intervals? I'm planning additional rush-hour IR trains North CothelstoneBlackleyMoston.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:a high-capacity rail corridor with 32e/500m platforms at least at the IC stations (large towns with some 100.000 inhabitants or major railway hubs)? The IR trains could be fitted with selective door opening. :)
Sounds like a plan ...
Rush hour trains or early morning/late evening trains or a schedule with regular intervals? I'm planning additional rush-hour IR trains North CothelstoneBlackleyMoston.
I'd been thinking of regular services (hourly?), with fewer stops during the peaks. Certainly the usual pattern here nowadays is to run IC services as part of an integrated standard pattern timetable.

I'm thinking I'd like to focus first on the area east of Perth, planting a large (possibly low 7-figure) city centred at around (22k,22k). It would sustain a metro and a substantial suburban network, provide a nice long journey (1-2h) into Lipsia, and leave room for one or two large towns in between. Initially the mainline stations in the city would be termini facing north and west.

Sound good?
Sascha Claus

Tagchen,
Chris hat geschrieben:I'd been thinking of regular services (hourly?), with fewer stops during the peaks. Certainly the usual pattern here nowadays is to run IC services as part of an integrated standard pattern timetable.
same as here, but IR112 North CothelstoneBlackleyMostonPerth was intended to continue south into the mountains, where the tilting technology can be of use. Direct connections to the east aren't planned, but as triple traction there are enough trainsets to split one off.
I'm thinking I'd like to focus first on the area east of Perth, planting a large (possibly low 7-figure) city centred at around (22k,22k).
I'm becoming jealous if Lipsia won't be the largest town of the teamwork anymore! :wink: :lol:

I'm preparing for an IC Sprinter between the two metropolises ManchesterChris's town which runs nonstop and passes Lipsia on the north via Holton HeathFort WilliamPerth. It should be at least 30min faster without the stops at Clapham Jct, Ardrossan, Lipsa and Perth.
Initially the mainline stations in the city would be termini facing north and west.
Terminal stations won't hinder me in looking for through connections. :)
Sound good?
Yes, absolutely.

But I should re-stake my claims to include room for another 500k city south of Perth, located ca. (20k/30k) and embedded in the mountains.

Edit: I forgot something: Do you want access to the ocean?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:I'm preparing for an IC Sprinter between the two metropolises ManchesterChris's town which runs nonstop and passes Lipsia on the north via Holton HeathFort WilliamPerth. It should be at least 30min faster without the stops at Clapham Jct, Ardrossan, Lipsa and Perth.
A couple of journeys each way for the peaks, arrivals at each end somewhere between 0700-1000 and departures somewhere between 1600-1900, slightly different timings for the weekends (assuming you're running a 7-day railway, rather than a single day - I notice that the hours take a while to simulate).
Terminal stations won't hinder me in looking for through connections. :)
Good. There'll be some cross-city routes in due course once the eastern and southern sides start to be developed.
Sound good?
Yes, absolutely.
But I should re-stake my claims to include room for another 500k city south of Perth, located ca. (20k/30k) and embedded in the mountains.
That's fine. My plans include some development to the southwest, but nothing due south and certainly nothing that far away.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:slightly different timings for the weekends (assuming you're running a 7-day railway, rather than a single day - I notice that the hours take a while to simulate).
currently I'm running a 30min-railway. :oops: My first priority are running trains so that it doesn't look like a ghost town. Proper timetables with shutdown at night a.s.o. will be done later™.
My plans include some development to the southwest, but nothing due south and certainly nothing that far away.
Do you prefer a mountain range or a large lake or both between these two towns?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Do you prefer a mountain range or a large lake or both between these two towns?
I meant that the plan to build out north and west doesn't include going that far south. They can be connected when I get around to developing the south and east of the city. ;)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I meant that the plan to build out north and west doesn't include going that far south.
and the connection to Alat'urus/Corden is more important and at Perth (Lipsiash) most important to me.

We now have a new timetable. Because most of the German teamworks have a deadline of 16:00, all the colourful blocks begin and end in the middle of a day. In our old timetable, deadline was 1:00 GMT (2:00 on the European continent) of the following day. Now the deadline is 1:00 GMT on the day which belongs to two turns. That means, your first date starts on Wednesday, 27.10. at 1:00 GMT and Matias' following turn starts on Sunday, 31.10. 1:00.

I don't think that you are really going to start working in the mid of the night, so think of starting after work/university/school at 27.10. and Happy BAHN! :-)
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Now the deadline is 1:00 GMT on the day which belongs to two turns. That means, your first date starts on Wednesday, 27.10. at 1:00 GMT and Matias' following turn starts on Sunday, 31.10. 1:00.
I would say something about summer time, but I realize that I'll be busy on Saturday night so will probably be sending it early anyway. What's the procedure for that? Do I send it directly, or to a remailer that sends it to everyone?
I don't think that you are really going to start working in the mid of the night, so think of starting after work/university/school at 27.10. and Happy BAHN! :-)
I keep some unusual hours at times. :wink:

The plans:
Bild
A is the big city
B is the less-big-but-still-big-ish city in the North (which is left open for now)
C is a smaller city with an interchange
D is the connection to Perth, and is a high priority
E is a line with a suburban schedule to the north, which will be done early to get some nice trains running
F is the connection to Corden, and will come later
G and H are possible routes to Alat'urus, where I'm not sure which route they'll take yet
J is a later suburban route
K is a possible location for a town with an interchange
S is the approximate location of your proposed new town (for perspective).

I make no claims as to the extent of this territory yet. In particular, I will probably stop short of the western borders pu
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:What's the procedure for that? Do I send it directly, or to a remailer that sends it to everyone?
you give your e-mail address, I give notice to Heiko, the Master of the Mailing lists, he adds you to the list, Sirnight sends his version to the mailing list at en-teamwork(insert at-sign here)schneider-pirna.de
and then you receive it (or you should check your spam filter).
The plans:
[ Image ]
A is the big city
“possibly low 7-figure”
B is the less-big-but-still-big-ish city in the North (which is left open for now)
high 6-figure?
C is a smaller city with an interchange
medium 6-figure? low 6-figure?
D is the connection to Perth, and is a high priority
:) I hope for some minor intermediate towns.
G and H are possible routes to Alat'urus, where I'm not sure which route they'll take yet
These head for Saranthova, Alat'urus is east of Corden on line F. I'd build both, H with InterRegio and G with InterRegio + InterCity (or only InterCity) service. (Making suggestions for lines which don't even touch Middle Neneshire, typical for me …)
J is a later suburban route
I have plans for minor lines from Perth to south and southeast, along with some small towns. I'd like to link with your line and some not-so-slow trains, I hope :wink: .
Antworten