Last in First Out

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
melbahn

Last in First Out

Beitrag von melbahn »

Does anyone know how to create a "Last in first out" layout? Its for Melbourne Elizabeth St Terminus where 3 routes end and during peak hour trams just follow each other in, drivers change ends and trams move back out the way they came.

Same also applies at depots where several trams come in to a terminating track and then go out in reverse order next morning
Chris

Re: Last in First Out

Beitrag von Chris »

Hello, good evening, and welcome. :-)

The blunt but laborious way is to set up three stopping points with reversing points, either with increasing stop times or using the timing points, possibly with some signalling to prevent trams from departing early if one is running late. You can refine it further, e.g. to guarantee LIFO by assigning helper routes with fiddle tracks and signal-dependent turnouts, but then how you assign them to the correct routes on the way back out is left as an exercise to the reader.
melbahn

Beitrag von melbahn »

Thank Chris

Sounds like its easier in real life than in simulation. Best I've managed so far is to get trams into terminus without crashing (using signals) but I can't get them to come back out. Would be great if the 'proceed on stop' allowed a negative speed to signify reverse.

I might make a suggestion for a future release.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

The latest version (3.86) lets you specify that a vehicle should reverse at a stopping point, however, AIUI you'd have to set each tram to stop at a particular point. I could be wrong on that, though.
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
melbahn hat geschrieben:[…] but I can't get them to come back out. Would be great if the 'proceed on stop' allowed a negative speed to signify reverse.
if you place an end of line or a shunting point immediately after the timing point and set the SP to Shunting/Reversing, trains should reverse fine:

Bild

(at least the trams from Adelaide, even when in foreign country :wink: )
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Antworten