Creating new uz1/uz2/uz4 files

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
axtomek

Creating new uz1/uz2/uz4 files

Beitrag von axtomek »

Hello. I'm using Bahn built-in scenery editor for making new graphics. But there's not to comfortable, that in fact i need 3 different programs right now. First of all is system Notepad, because i need empty file with uz1 extension. Then JBSS Bahn built-in editor to make some graphics, but it creating new gz1 files not making any changes in uz1. At last i need FZGC to make uz1 from all gz1-s.
It would be very helpfull, if there in JBSS Bahn in "User-defined Graphics" would be able add some button eg. "New" above/below "Browse", which would create new empty file uz1, and assign it to select position in "User-defined Graphics".
And it would be very very helpfull, if there would be some built-in utility with GUI in Bahn to pack all created gz1-s to its own uz1, and delete unnecessery gz1-s from disk.
If there's any possibility to do such convenience?
axtomek

Re: Creating new uz1/uz2/uz4 files

Beitrag von axtomek »

I'd just like to bump-up the subject, because there was no response. If here still will be not, i'll not gonna bump-up this subject anymore, but it would be very kind to receive an answer on my question. Thanks anyway.
Seb144

Beitrag von Seb144 »

axtomek hat geschrieben:First of all is system Notepad, because i need empty file with uz1 extension.
Hello,

actually you don't have to create an empty uz1-file first. When you want to start a new user defined graphics set simply type in any name where BAHN asks you choose an existing file. It will be accepted and for every new graphic symbol belonging to this set this name will be part of the gz1-file name.

Packing gz*-files into uz*-files for me works well this way:
1. All gz*-files belongig to one set are located in a separte subdirectory, e. g. in subdirectory "test": files "test-00-00a.gz1"
2. in the parent directory I have fzgc2_23.exe and a batch file with the following lines:
@echo off
SET /P Name=Please enter Name of subdirectory with gz*-files:
fzgc2_23 u1 %Name% %Name%.uz1
fzgc2_23 u2 %Name% %Name%.uz2
fzgc2_23 u4 %Name% %Name%.uz4
3. I simply run the batch file and within seconds I have uz*-files.
axtomek hat geschrieben:And it would be very very helpfull, if there would be some built-in utility with GUI in Bahn to pack all created gz1-s to its own uz1, and delete unnecessery gz1-s from disk.
This would be more comfortable, indeed.
Deleting unnecessary files probably is not easy - how should BAHN know, which files are not needed? And besides, these files are so small, does it really make a difference if there are some unused files?

Regards,
Sebastian

http://www.bahnbln89.homepage.t-online.de
axtomek

Beitrag von axtomek »

Thank you for Your answer Seb144.
That i can use any name (non existing file) in selection user defined graphics dialog i didn't know. It making creating new files much easier, that's a fact.

Your idea about creating batch file is also very interesting. But i'll still insist, that making some built-in utility would be much more comfortable.

Is deleting unnecessary gz* files not so easy? I bilieve it's not such complex problem, as it looks like. I am programmist, and i'm writing programs in Delphi language. How would i to solve this problem? I suppose, that in utility, that i'm writing about we would need some array of variables which would be populate with names all gz*'s having name accurate to loaded in user defined graphics uz1's. And after packing gz*'s to uz*'s files, gz* could be testet if age of this file isn't lower than uz* file and then deleted. This should prevent to deleting files which are not packed in uz*'s because of any error. Modify date of file uz* will be changed during packaging, and gz* after editing.
I would concern also adding some checkbox with option if user would like delete gz*'s after packaging, because some people could prefer not to do this at all.

As i mentioned i'm programmist, i could do newer utility then fzgc (with own gui), if i would understand how uz*'s are made from gz*'s. That's just some algorithm and making binary files with it - i believe, but i don't know the algorithm. Such utility (still stand alone, but with gui) would not be solve the problem, that i mentioned in 100%, but could be helpfull for JB, if he ever would like to inplement it's to main Bahn programm (I would send all of sourcecode files to JB).

P.S. I have no doubt, that JB is great programmist, and could do such thing by his own, but he just could not find time for this. There are very much things to do in Bahn i believe.

Best regards,
Thomas
axtomek

Beitrag von axtomek »

I have some questions about uz* fz* and gz* standard and the FZGC application. I've tested FZGC, and i couldn't to unpack fz2 file. I've got an error of unpacking with information "code 2". Am i doing something wrong, or what? The command was "fzgc2_23.exe X test test.fz2" i've tested also fzgc2.exe with the same result. With uz*'s this command works fine. What might go wrong?

I've noticed, that interior editor included to Bahn have possibility to make changes in fz2 and fz4, but FZGC having such option too. So i'm just curious, am i doing something wrong, or maybe there is some error in FZGC, which is not really matters, because of possibility of editing fz*'s implemented in Bahn?
Seb144

Beitrag von Seb144 »

axtomek hat geschrieben:I have some questions about uz* fz* and gz* standard and the FZGC application. I've tested FZGC, and i couldn't to unpack fz2 file. I've got an error of unpacking with information "code 2". Am i doing something wrong, or what? The command was "fzgc2_23.exe X test test.fz2" i've tested also fzgc2.exe with the same result. With uz*'s this command works fine. What might go wrong?

I've noticed, that interior editor included to Bahn have possibility to make changes in fz2 and fz4, but FZGC having such option too. So i'm just curious, am i doing something wrong, or maybe there is some error in FZGC, which is not really matters, because of possibility of editing fz*'s implemented in Bahn?
Hello Thomas,

I'm using the same syntax, but with an "x" in small letters. Also, a subdirectory with the name "test" must exist. But afaik this should be the same for uz/gz-grafics.

The batch file I'm using includes the following commands:
@echo off
SET /P Name=Please enter subdirectory/file name:
fzgc2_23 x %Name% %Name%.fz2
fzgc2_23 x %Name% %Name%.fz4

I hope this works.

Regards,

Sebastian

axtomek

Beitrag von axtomek »

Thanks for reply, but it's still not working.

Bild
Seb144

Beitrag von Seb144 »

axtomek hat geschrieben:Thanks for reply, but it's still not working.

Bild
Hi,

it seems that the file you are trying to unpack is already a single graphic file. It ends with "04-00.fz2"
If it was a packed file its name should be "Fz_ÖBB_PostBus.fz2".

So apparently it is from here: http://www.das-bahn-forum.de/bahnforum/ ... =14&t=3772 The zip-file "postbus.zip" only includes separate fz2-grafics, there is no need to unpack them.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

axtomek

Beitrag von axtomek »

Thank's real much for your help. It seems to be clear now. So if i would to check FZGC for unpacking vehicles package, i suppose to take another file. Thank You.
Antworten