Differentiate trains based on length?

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
1993matias
Differentiate trains based on length?

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way to tell trains apart based on length only? For example, I have a platform where trains of different length have to stop in different places. Rather than filter by train number, I imagine it would be easier to filter by length - but is it possible?
Jan Bochmann
Re: Differentiate trains based on length?

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Hi, just a quick question. Is there any way to tell trains apart based on length only?
Yes, since many years...

Wherever you can find a route list - for instance at station platforms at "For following routes only" - you can enter something like

Code: Alles auswählen

*(l<15)
That means the stopping point is valid for trains of less than 15 elements length only.

You can find more possible conditions and examples in the BAHN Help at "route list".
1993matias hat geschrieben: For example, I have a platform where trains of different length have to stop in different places. Rather than filter by train number, I imagine it would be easier to filter by length - but is it possible?
This is shown in the example layout "Demo_0.nt3" that comes with any BAHN installation package. Look at the central railway station at the tracks 1 to 4.

Regards,
Jan Bochmann
1993matias
Re: Differentiate trains based on length?

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Ah, I just need to read the help files more :) Thank you!
Antworten