Coupling status

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Pierre

Coupling status

Beitrag von Pierre »

I'm having trouble trying to get the following to work:

Getting a train into coupling status, having it wait for another part to attach, and then moving off together.
Getting the train into coupling status is done by a shunting point, the other part attaches properly, the combination waits for the coupling time, but then it does not move off because the shunting point is there.

If I remove the shunting point that is preventing the train from moving off, the first part that comes in will not go into coupling status, because there is no input telling it to go into coupling status.
ABCD.png
Summary: 2 part train starts from A, goes to B, splits at B, one part goes to C, one part goes to D.
Parts from C and D come back to B, where they combine, and move off together to A.
The part where it needs to move off back to A is where I'm stuck.

Is it even possible to do what I'm trying?
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Jan Bochmann
Re: Coupling status

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hallo,
Pierre hat geschrieben: ..Getting the train into coupling status is done by a shunting point, the other part attaches properly, the combination waits for the coupling time, but then it does not move off because the shunting point is there.
It is a common problem. The shunting point is valid also for the train after coupling. For example: The shunting point should set trains of route "1" into coupling status. If after coupling, the resulting train is also of route "1", then it will be set to coupling status again. An exception is, if the train should turn back after coupling.

Otherwise it is needed that the resulting train has properties that do not fit the condition at the shunting point, for example a different route code, a different train number, a different length or anything else that can be used as condition.
Pierre hat geschrieben: Is it even possible to do what I'm trying?
Yes. There are examples that show it working:

The layout "Demo_Rangieren.nt3". ("Rangieren" is "shunting" in English, the file includes comments in both German and English)
Look for "E-Stadt" station or for trains of "Y1" route. It is nearly exactly your situation.

The layout "BOB_1998.nt3" (Berner Oberland Bahnen, in Switzerland, with German comments).
It is a bit more complex and uses compound trains, that have been new introduced with BAHN 3.89.
Look for "Zweilütschinen" station or for trains of "IG" and "IL" routes.

The layout "München_SUT_2002x_610.nt3" (Munich about 2002 with some future or fictive extensions, German comments).
Look for "Neufahrn" station or for trains of "S1" route.

With kind regards,
Jan B.
Pierre

Re: Coupling status

Beitrag von Pierre »

Thank you!

This actually works. Instead of explaining in words what I did, here's the layout:
coupling-uncoupling.nt3
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten