BAHN 4.00 Beta5

Diskutieren Sie hier über neu erschienene Beta-Versionen von JBSS
Pablo

Re: BAHN 4.00 Beta5

Beitrag von Pablo »

Yes, you are right. Delete the stopped train (on the right side - not visible on video) seems to solve the problem. But I'll check it out tomorrow.
Thank you very much for helping.
Best Regards
MISCHO

Beitrag von MISCHO »

Nun, wenn ich auch etwas verspätet daher komme, so möchte ich mich auch bei Jan für das Update der 4.00b5 bedanken. Bin leider langfristig eingeschränkt, was meine Beschäftigung mit BAHN betrifft, werde aber versuchen, zwischendurch wenigstens ein einfaches kleines Tram-Netz zu bauen und damit die neue beta zu testen. Ich favorisiere immer noch die 4.00 als zukünftige Vollversion und würde mich freuen, wenn es irgendwann dazu käme. Es erfüllt mich immer wieder mit Respekt, wenn ich sehe, wie lange schon Jan B. das Programm BAHN pflegt und weiter entwickelt. Vielen Dank!
Voimala

Beitrag von Voimala »

Voimala hat geschrieben:Hello,
I am very glad to see that the Bahn 4.00 is still in the works and getting better in every beta release.
For the next version could it be possible to update the Build Connection feature to include new 22.5 degree tracks? Would help a lot in prototypical layout building.
This has been fixed in Beta5a. Thanks!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Makes layout building 5x faster.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Pablo

Beitrag von Pablo »

Hello.
I've had a problem with the b400b5 and 5a - program closing for some time. It happens in completely random places and times (even during stop sim). Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 3 hours. Earlier I did a reinstallation of the system and I was convinced that my nt3 file was somehow damaged (although it opens and closes without any problem). By trial method I noticed that the program closes if the screen is divided into 2 or 3 windows. I ran simultaneously my file and Demo_0 file with split screen. After a few minutes the program closed the demo file, while mine continued to work. I tested it on Win 10 and Win 7 - the same effect. Did someone maybe report this problem?
Please find attached the report files (Win10) and print screen Win7.
Regards.
Bild
Bild
Crash Report Win10: https://www.easypaste.org/file/cvy62JD4 ... xt?lang=en
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
Pablo hat geschrieben:Hello.
I've had a problem with the b400b5 and 5a - program closing for some time. It happens in completely random places and times (even during stop sim). Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 3 hours. Earlier I did a reinstallation of the system and I was convinced that my nt3 file was somehow damaged (although it opens and closes without any problem).
Maybe there is something similar as in the report before, i.e. a train with wrong data. Then it may crash everytimes when this train should become visible, i.e. independently from time or stop status.
Pablo hat geschrieben: By trial method I noticed that the program closes if the screen is divided into 2 or 3 windows. I ran simultaneously my file and Demo_0 file with split screen.
How does it work? Running two instances of BAHN the same time? Normally this should work, however it needs a lot of resources. By my mind, the only reason to do so should be to multiple copy&paste via two different layouts. While doing so, the simulation should be stopped.
Pablo hat geschrieben: Did someone maybe report this problem?
No, I don't remember. But it is a rare situation to run two BAHN instances same time, so there are nearly no experiences with it.

Regards,
Jan B.
Pablo

Beitrag von Pablo »

Hello,
Thank you very much for helping. The problem coincided with the replacement of the monitor form 22 to 27". A few days ago I changed the settings (accidental) in the nVidia panel and install monitor drivers and about 3 days program still was working. Last night due to a power outage, the computer turned off and the running program terminated again after about 15 min. (in stopped status). Maybe the problem lies in the graphics settings?
And completely by the way - In Win10 there are large gaps (margins) between windows and frame. Can it be changed like in Win7 (the frames touch each other)?

Little update: I was running 3 programs - 2 with my large layout and 1 with a small part from my. After few hours (all sim stopped state) 2 programs ending, but the program with small part simulation was still working.... Maybe its problem with graphics user files?

Best Regards.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,
Pablo hat geschrieben:Hello,
Maybe the problem lies in the graphics settings?
Maybe. I don't know.
Little update: I was running 3 programs - 2 with my large layout and 1 with a small part from my. After few hours (all sim stopped state) 2 programs ending, but the program with small part simulation was still working.... Maybe its problem with graphics user files?
I don't believe this. Many BAHN users use such files, and I didn't get similar information from them. But ofcourse, a broken file may result in trouble. However this should occur on loading the file or on using it (i.e. when BAHN has to display elements of this file), or on editing such elements. But on running for a few hours in stop status - i.e. on doing nothing - this is improbable.
And completely by the way - In Win10 there are large gaps (margins) between windows and frame. Can it be changed like in Win7 (the frames touch each other)?
This seems to be complicated. The BAHN edit windows have the same size as in Win7. The only difference is that Win10 does not show the borders anymore. I.e., that what is looking like a "gap", is the window's border - but it is hided now.
However, the borders still exist, and they are needed to click them by mouse if you like to resize a window.

Best Regards,
Jan B.
Pablo

Beitrag von Pablo »

Thank you for answer.
I know it is strange, but true and very disturbing when the program closes with an error during work...
I remembered that I had previously uploaded new files fz1, fz2, fz4 nad fx.... but its not working with b4. When the error showed up I installed but beta5 and worked in it a bit. Maybe something got damaged when changing files and going back to version 5 instead of 5a? But the same with backup copy....

And returning to the screen, it comes to large breaks from the left, right and center of the screen. Using shift F6 does not snap to the edge of the monitor in win10.
Bild. But this is by the way if it could be improved in the future.
Pablo

Beitrag von Pablo »

Hello everyone.
I wanted to come back to the problem of closing the program. I've noticed a strange thing for some time. When I want to enter the "List routes" editing option (Edit or Help/Info), the program closes. There is no problem with other windows (List Destinations, Depots etc.). But just rename the directory, restart the program and everything works again! What could be happening? The recording of the proof is attached :)
https://youtu.be/rfVIxIFwPUs

Best Regards
Jan Bochmann

Hello,

I have absolutely no idea about this. It never did occur here, and there should be no relationship between the directory and the contents of the dialog windows.

Regards,
Jan B.
Pablo hat geschrieben:Hello everyone.
I wanted to come back to the problem of closing the program. I've noticed a strange thing for some time. When I want to enter the "List routes" editing option (Edit or Help/Info), the program closes. There is no problem with other windows (List Destinations, Depots etc.). But just rename the directory, restart the program and everything works again..
Antworten