English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Beitrag von 1993matias »

The new teamwork layout in English has been started. It is publicly available for download on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... _k6MKYr06d

The latest version will appear for download there, as well as the build schedule. We are always looking for more builders, feel free to join!

Rules for building are:
Keep operations realistic
By realistic you could say that it should have a real life counterpart, either in service, prototype, or a proposal. Maglev network could have become reality, but high speed metro in a rural village not so much.

Maintain order
Avoid unnecessary dispatcher messages (the yellow phone), either by keeping your trains on time always and forever, or by disabling late and missed departure notifications where you deem them unnecessary.

Encourage connectivity
Let's get the most out of this! Send services to your border so your neighbour can route them to where it needs to go. Freight, commuter, express, or special trains, anything goes!

Everything else is up to you! Let your fantasy loose!

Old topic with early discussion is found here:
http://www.das-bahn-forum.de/bahnforum/ ... f=8&t=4681
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
Sascha Claus

Re: English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Ahoi hoi,

here’s a current map:
New_EN-Teamwork-5.png
Matias’ country marked pink in the right map, my disjointed areas marked bright blue. We still need coworkers to fill the gaps!
1993matias hat geschrieben:Send services to your border so your neighbour can route them to where it needs to go. Freight, commuter, express, or special trains, anything goes!
I’ve extended the northern line from my border across the uncharted territory to your border. Current timetable is an half-hourly Intercity. Do you wish more long-distance trains? An occasional motorail train directly onto the island in the west?
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Ahoi hoi,

here’s a current map:
New_EN-Teamwork-5.png
Matias’ country marked pink in the right map, my disjointed areas marked bright blue. We still need coworkers to fill the gaps!
Thank you for the nice maps! A few thoughts on the physical geography: I was imagining my country to be dominated by a mountain range stretching east-west along the coast. Nothing big, but still mountaneous - think coasts of Scotland, Ireland, or northern Spain. But not Norway or Chile. The part where the capital is located is a big, wide valley with more moderate hills.
What tohughts have you done about your areas?
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:I’ve extended the northern line from my border across the uncharted territory to your border. Current timetable is an half-hourly Intercity. Do you wish more long-distance trains? An occasional motorail train directly onto the island in the west?
Half-hourly fast services sound good. They will stop at major towns and cities along the way. Early mornings and evenings maybe only hourly? How do you feel about express serivices with an EMU? A handful of times per day, maybe?
What about open-access operators, do you have space for those?

About the west, a motorcoach 1-3 times per day sounds good. Maybe also a few through coaches (kurswagen) to be attached to loco-hauled trains in my country?
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Mahlzeit,
1993matias hat geschrieben:A few thoughts on the physical geography: […]
What tohughts have you done about your areas?
something that fits the rivers. One mountain range each to the west and north of Clydesgow and a smaller one from Clydesgow to the southeast between the two rivers that join there.

I’ll probably declare the valley to the south of Clydesgow narrow, the terrain mountainous and the railways rather slow; and the valley to the north wide and the railway there fast.
Early mornings and evenings maybe only hourly?
I’m not planning to run all trains 24/7 forever. If they do that, that’s just because I didn’t yet have time to make a complete timetable. The details of the early morning, evening and night timetable are not yet finalized. :)
How do you feel about express serivices with an EMU?
Even more expressing than my Intercity? Could be special premium (=expensive) services for business travellers on expense accounts, or additional rush-hour trains. Or an open-access operator.
What about open-access operators, do you have space for those?
There are currently 12 trains per hour and direction on the mainline, but in two short bursts of 6 trains each. There should be some place for colored trains. :)
About the west, a motorcoach 1-3 times per day sounds good.
A bus? That would require a road network first. Maybe after the railways are complete. :D
Maybe also a few through coaches (kurswagen) to be attached to loco-hauled trains in my country?
That would’t fit with my regular daytime trains, but night trains and private operators might be interested.
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:[...]
About the west, a motorcoach 1-3 times per day sounds good.
A bus? That would require a road network first. Maybe after the railways are complete. :D[...]
Sorry, I did mean a rail vehicle, a DMU of some sorts. Although long distance buses will happen too at some point, after a rail network has been established
Kind regards - Matias
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha, do you have the latest version to upload? :)
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Sascha, do you have the latest version to upload? :)
uumm … yes. Sorry, I forgot to upload. :oops:

The IC/IR11 were extended from Torkham westward through the No Man’s Land to Inverfyne and via a long causeway (which is totally not the Hindenburgdamm) to Westerly on the islands (which are totally not Sylt). Extensive autorail and holiday trains (including opan-access operators) are set to follow for the summer tourist season.
1993matias hat geschrieben:About the west, a motorcoach 1-3 times per day sounds good.
[…]
Sorry, I did mean a rail vehicle, a DMU of some sorts.
I built a station near the border (Cairndow), which will get some connecting railway lines into the Inferfyne area north and south of the current mainline. That would be good place to connect lines to neigbouring areas. Torkham is also set as a station for multiple crossing lines.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:The IC/IR11 were extended from Torkham westward through the No Man’s Land to Inverfyne and via a long causeway (which is totally not the Hindenburgdamm) to Westerly on the islands (which are totally not Sylt). Extensive autorail and holiday trains (including opan-access operators) are set to follow for the summer tourist season.
Always good to get some real life inspiration ;)
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: I built a station near the border (Cairndow), which will get some connecting railway lines into the Inferfyne area north and south of the current mainline. That would be good place to connect lines to neigbouring areas. Torkham is also set as a station for multiple crossing lines.
Looks good! I'll get to it in .... well, at some point ... How do you build and run trains so darn fast?
Kind regards - Matias
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Ahoj from Prague,
ready to join! :)

First of all, which version is in use? I am using 3.89r1a and some vehicles are missing, so, newer version needed?

Idea of my "land" is small, coastal, bilingual (czech/english), something like hanseatic area near big river, with big river/sea port. Is it ok? :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Uploaded my version. Unfortunately, I did not have time to finish S11 and S12. Please ignore any alarms from those lines.

The railway line to the southern border is ready, I will be able to accept trains soon. No locomotive change is necessary, I assume?
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:How do you build and run trains so darn fast?
there are some secret tricks: (1) use the weekends, (2) build during other people’s timeslot and copy it in during your next slot, (3) do easy timetables, like a 30min interval that runs uninterrupted 24/7 and keep the difficult stuff for later. :)
1993matias hat geschrieben:The railway line to the southern border is ready, I will be able to accept trains soon. No locomotive change is necessary, I assume?
Yes, I used the trains from your little presentation. But if someone buys the country inbetween, we might have to change plans anyway.

ZXS91 hat geschrieben:First of all, which version is in use? I am using 3.89r1a and some vehicles are missing, so, newer version needed?
I’m using 3.89r4d pimped with all files from the bottom of the Zoom Graphics page.
Idea of my "land" is small, coastal, bilingual (czech/english), something like hanseatic area near big river, with big river/sea port. Is it ok? :)
Sounds nice, and we still have a big and a medium sized river mouth available, west of Clydesgow.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

ZXS91 hat geschrieben:Ahoj from Prague,
ready to join! :)

First of all, which version is in use? I am using 3.89r1a and some vehicles are missing, so, newer version needed?

Hello, welcome! You should have access to the planning document, feel free to put in your timeslots anywhere free. To start building, simply use the latest version and claim your area by drawing a border. We look forward to build with you!
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Good morning,

the newest version (No. 7) of our teamwork has just appeared in the cloud. New are names for two of my islands to the west of Inverfyne (Argull and Byte), a north-south rail line on the Isle of Byte and the extension of IC11 to the southwestern corner of said island.

For the less rail-affiliated population a car shuttle from Byte to the mainland was introduced, offering stiff competition between no less than four companies. Preparations for long-distance motorail trains from faraway parts of the world are also provided.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hello,

Finally, the citizens of Coates have some sort of transport. Lines S11 and S12 have started service from Coates Northern station. The trains park overnight, some stations also make use of the itinerary feature to avoid crossing paths. Train numbers are used to identify individual services.

Some rail lines have been built, but no traffic yet.

Now it's time for ZXS91 to claim an area - welcome!
Kind regards - Matias
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Good afternoon!

I was thinking about something like this:
New_EN-Teamwork-5.png
Tomorrow (wednesday), I´ll have some free time, so hopefully I build same basic rails :)

Jiri
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten