English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Ah yes, good weather, vacation plans, and cheap travel has indeed put this project on hold for a bit. Nice to see some progress!

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in my country naturally suited for railway ferries. But I'd be more than happy to receive night trains anyway!
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Glück uff,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in my country naturally suited for railway ferries. But I'd be more than happy to receive night trains anyway!
that’s why one runs ferries to “other”, distant countries or islands that might or might not be on the map. :D

200km to 250km are ideal for an overnight ferry like Harwich – Hoek of Holland or Stockholm – Turku; shorter distances like the 150km Königslinie could made useful for night trains by extending the route overland to next big city (like Berlin – Malmö via said Königslinie), inside the Teamwork or at the other end ‘outside of the visible map’.

Short hops like the 50km Rostock – Gedser or 40km Calais – Dover are/were often served by ferries or bridges/tunnels.

So you can pick what you like. A railway ferry from Fishguard (Uh—I believe I’ve heard that name before! :) ) to the north might be a start.
Bild
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I managed to build .... a few hours. No new upload from me, despite me using three days. I hope to have the second S-train line ready soon! With longer trains during rush hour, empty services repositioning and parking on four locations overnight. All with working train numbers and itineraries (on some stations) :)
Kind regards - Matias
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Finally doing something useful: Expanding train services!

Sascha: IC12 is currently terminating at the border. I will introduce the service on my network, but I will not connect them just yet. Will you be able to assign train numbers in the correct order when the trains return to me? Or would you rather not delve into the black hole that is spending ten hours working out schedules and assigning train numbers and making it all work? :mrgreen:
That, and my country doesn't usually have full night-time service anyway :) Feel free to connect them any time, but don't send trains my country is not scheduled to receive :)

About night trains, which train number series should we use? 400-499 like EuroNight? I'm preparing for the first ones soon (well, "soon").
(It should't be tricky to assign correct train numbers for individual night trains, don't worry)
Kind regards - Matias
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

And version 16 is online. Additions this time:

S20/S22/S24 is now running from Coates West Station to Coreham, Snoreham, and Selden. Full service pattern including longer rush-hour trains and overnight parking.
IC12 is now running from Coates Continental Station to Farris (border). In Coates Continental the rake of coaches is left to be cleaned while the locomotive takes the already clean rake and shunts it to the platform ready for departure. At the moment, only one train per hour from 6-23.
With this update, all three major stations in Coates now have rail service. Although it is a rather long walk between them :think:
A nice little park in front of Coates West Station, along with a modern hotel and apartment buildings for the first inhabitants of Coates (and Montspoor country, for that matter). Let's give them a warm welcome!

Download the latest save from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... _k6MKYr06d
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Ahoi hoi,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Finally doing something useful: Expanding train services!
:clap:
Sascha: IC12 is currently terminating at the border. I will introduce the service on my network, but I will not connect them just yet. Will you be able to assign train numbers in the correct order when the trains return to me?
I think that one or two data change points at the border the assign these numbers based on time should be enough. :) Remains the question where the ‘superfluous’ trains from Clydeshire are going to terminate. Farris? Or maybe build another line to the northwest or notheast that could take an hourly IC?
That, and my country doesn't usually have full night-time service anyway :)
I’m planning to introduce a “proper” timetable with fewer trains in the evening and at night at some point in the future (well, “soon” :lol: ).
About night trains, which train number series should we use? 400-499 like EuroNight? I'm preparing for the first ones soon (well, "soon").
This might be left with the respective operator. EuroNight, TeamNight, FlixNight, NightJet, RegioJetNight, Leo Express, Ameropa/Touropa, Locomore, HKX, RDC, BahnTouristikExpress and whoever is planning to run open-access night trains might want to use their own system.
1993matias hat geschrieben:With this update, all three major stations in Coates now have rail service. Although it is a rather long walk between them :think:
Then you should take care that the tramway system can handle the amount of transfer traffic! :D
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Ahoi hoi,
1993matias hat geschrieben:IC12 is currently terminating at the border. I will introduce the service on my network, but I will not connect them just yet. Will you be able to assign train numbers in the correct order when the trains return to me?
I think that one or two data change points at the border the assign these numbers based on time should be enough. :) Remains the question where the ‘superfluous’ trains from Clydeshire are going to terminate. Farris? Or maybe build another line to the northwest or notheast that could take an hourly IC?
From Farris there doesn't seem any other logical place to send a full IC every hour other than Coates.
There are several options (in my mind):
  1. Send the IC terminating at Farris as a stopping service until Farris
  2. Only one IC per hour from Torkham to Farris
  3. Terminating the IC at Farris (or your border station). This necessitates the border city being a destination in itself.
  4. Branching off halfway to Farris to meet up with the south-eastern mainline from Coates along the border/river. From there I can take it somewhere else if needed. (possibly only single track?)
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:
1993matias hat geschrieben:About night trains, which train number series should we use? 400-499 like EuroNight? I'm preparing for the first ones soon (well, "soon").
This might be left with the respective operator. EuroNight, TeamNight, FlixNight, NightJet, RegioJetNight, Leo Express, Ameropa/Touropa, Locomore, HKX, RDC, BahnTouristikExpress and whoever is planning to run open-access night trains might want to use their own system.
Well, then I will allocate the 400-499 block for night trains and special long-distance services (not hourly IC trains). 50 services should be more than enough. I will make an infotext at Coates Continental with the list of used train numbers.
Train number change at the border is possible if needed, but it seems I'm the only one really using the full power of train numbers in BAHN :geek:
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Good Morning,
1993matias hat geschrieben:From Farris there doesn't seem any other logical place to send a full IC every hour other than Coates.
There are several options (in my mind):
  1. Send the IC terminating at Farris as a stopping service until Farris
  2. Only one IC per hour from Torkham to Farris
  3. Terminating the IC at Farris (or your border station). This necessitates the border city being a destination in itself.
  4. Branching off halfway to Farris to meet up with the south-eastern mainline from Coates along the border/river. From there I can take it somewhere else if needed. (possibly only single track?)
if there is no place to send one train per hour from Farris, you could find two places (like northeast and northwest) to send one train every two hours each.
  • The train might be slightly oversized and and under-equipped with doors. And there aren’t that many (=none) non-IC stops along the line.
  • :think:
  • It just requires different a amount of funding or a different understanding about what’s the base level of service to provide. Neither Klingenberg-Colmnitz nor Culmont-Chalindray are stations where one would terminate a train for other than political reasons.
  • Sounds interesting. The trains could continue along the river.
BTW, I just uploaded s small version with some changes to stationary trains and extensions to small town stations. Also, the Warstones Railway and the Queensbury Lines are showcasing their new motorail and night trains at their respective seaside resort towns. They would be glad about every city that wants a train (or at least some through carriages) to boost tourism at the sea. :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

• Fair enough, no regional service then :) Although the double decker coach is more than suitable
  • :wink:
  • Yes, especially since Coates is so close to the border anyway. It may be possible to fit two IC per hour during the daytime after all, but it will all depend on the amount of trains in the end. Or, one per hour to Coates Continental, and one per hour to Coates West?
  • Yes, but on combination with #3 maybe only a few departures per day instead? Hourly service with fast trains will be provided from Coates anyway
  • Or a combination of 2, 3, and 4: a few trains per day to Coates West as additional services (mornings & afternoons/evenings?), 2-4 trains per day to the river on the east border, and the rest simply terminate and turn around at Torkham. Of course, this is most complicated and will require complicated operations at Torkham
I would be happy to receive some night trains, send them my way any time :D Since there are no other services yet, any time is ok to arrive at the border.
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Fair enough, no regional service then :) Although the double decker coach is more than suitable
yes, unless somebody takes the region and adds some stations, there is not much need for local trains.
Yes, especially since Coates is so close to the border anyway. It may be possible to fit two IC per hour during the daytime after all, but it will all depend on the amount of trains in the end. Or, one per hour to Coates Continental, and one per hour to Coates West?
Ahh, the good old reverse branching, where the next train is always leaving from the other side of town. :D But this could be combined with another route from somewhere else that is serving the other station and a cross-platform connection. Something like:

:arrow: Full hour Torkham – Farris – C.Continental and west – Farris – C.West
:arrow: Half hour Torkham – Farris – C.West and west – Farris – C.Continental
Or a combination of 2, 3, and 4: a few trains per day to Coates West as additional services (mornings & afternoons/evenings?), 2-4 trains per day to the river on the east border, and the rest simply terminate and turn around at Torkham. Of course, this is most complicated and will require complicated operations at Torkham
:roll: :???:
I would be happy to receive some night trains, send them my way any time :D Since there are no other services yet, any time is ok to arrive at the border.
Well, let’s see: 6:35 lv. Coates, ~7:00 Farris, ~7:45 Torkham; ~10:00 Inverfyne, ~11:00 Westerly

It’s currently 3½ h from Coates to Inverfyne, with the detour via Torkham, and an additional hour to Westerly. Not quite long enough for a night train, but there might be room for additional morning and evening trains catering to daytrips. Some might be private run. :)

One could tack on a 4h ferry ride, like the one from Rothesay and Warstones to the Nameless Big Island In The North. That would bring total travel time from Coates or Clydesgow up to night-train-compatible 8 to 12 hours. The Nameless Big Island In The North’s own island railway company would like to operate some trains to the big cities on the mainland!
Nameless Big Island In The North.png
Some night trains (top) that are loaded onto the night ferries, some expensive day trains that are loaded onto the day ferries and some cheap day (auto) trains (bottom) whose passengers and cargo have to load themselves onto the day ferries.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

No new layout from me this time, unfortunately. Real life got in the way.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Hello,
[...]
Ahh, the good old reverse branching, where the next train is always leaving from the other side of town. :D But this could be combined with another route from somewhere else that is serving the other station and a cross-platform connection. Something like:

:arrow: Full hour Torkham – Farris – C.Continental and west – Farris – C.West
:arrow: Half hour Torkham – Farris – C.West and west – Farris – C.Continental
That sounds like the most sensible. Just keep in mind that I would prefer not to have 30-minute headway during all the operating hours. Maybe every 30 minutes 6-20 and then hourly until 22/23? Does that work for you? Or would you rather keep it simple?

Well, let’s see: 6:35 lv. Coates, ~7:00 Farris, ~7:45 Torkham; ~10:00 Inverfyne, ~11:00 Westerly

It’s currently 3½ h from Coates to Inverfyne, with the detour via Torkham, and an additional hour to Westerly. Not quite long enough for a night train, but there might be room for additional morning and evening trains catering to daytrips. Some might be private run. :)
How fast are your trains? :o Keep in mind a night train could easily average only 100 kph to keep travel times reasonable and passengers comfortable. What time do you think makes the most sense to send a night train to you? At around 19 hrs? Or maybe rather 22 hrs? Then you can do with it whatever you want haha :)
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Good evening,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Just keep in mind that I would prefer not to have 30-minute headway during all the operating hours. Maybe every 30 minutes 6-20 and then hourly until 22/23? Does that work for you?
‘thinning out’ the timetable in the evening and at night is allright, I would have done that anyway. But it might take some time till I’m coming around to create a full timetable with overnight stabling.
How fast are your trains? :o
As fast as the tracks allow. :lol: Stretching the travel time to allow for detours and nightly trackwork is an option, but more than doubling the daylight running time seems to be a bit of stretch. Hence the idea of tacking on a multi-hour ferry ride, which lengthens the travel time and gives opportunity for shunting cars around.
What time do you think makes the most sense to send a night train to you?
Depends on where it’s going. 8-) Another quick and dirty timetable, taken directly from following a train: 18:35 Coates, 19:00 Farris, 19:45 Torkham, 20:05(Crianl.), 20:30 Clydesg., 21:15 Cumnock, 22:00 Vismorth, ~22:45 Jiřkov. Four hours is a little bit short for a night train, but if you stretch it slightly, you could do:

:arrow: 22:00 lv. Island to the north, ferry, 02:00 Coates, 06:00 Jiřkov, through coaches further west to the coastal towns
:arrow: 22:00 idling, 24:00 lv. Island to the north, ferry, 04:00 Coates, 06:00 Clydesgow, through coaches further south to various mountain towns
:arrow: 22:00 lv. Coates, 24:00 passing through Clydesgow, going further south and east
:arrow: 22:00 lv. Jiřkov, 24:00 passing through Clydesgow, going further south and east

I’m sensing the potential for shunting around cars in Clydesgow. 8) Other possibilities:

:arrow: 22:00 lv. Nameless Big Island In The North, ferry, 2:00 Rothesay, 7:00 Clydesgow, 9:00 Jiřkov
:arrow: 22:00 lv. Nameless Big Island In The North, ferry, 2:00 Warstones, ~7:00 Coates
:arrow: 20:00 lv. Nameless Big Island In The North, ferry, 0:00 Warstones, ~5:00 Coates, ferry, 9:00 Island to the north
:arrow: 20:00 lv. Nameless Big Island In The North, ferry, 0:00 Rothesay, 5:00 Clydesgow, 7:00 Jiřkov

And this doesn’t include trains to destinations south and east of the current network. BTW, Ive uloaded a small, new version.
Sascha Claus

Hi,
in response to my suggestions from last week :o and because I’m not the slightest bit pushy, :lol: I’m currently remodelling my IR network in Inverfyne:
Inverfyne+Montspoor.png
IR11 Clydesgow – Torkham – Inverfyne – Rothesay is split in two west of Cairndow, with an hourly IR11A to Rothesay (on the Isle of Argull) and an hourly IR11W to Warstones. The new route west – Farris – Coates Continental/West is expected to reach Cairndow* in the west and will use the timetable slots vacated by IR11, with a cross-platform connection in Cairndow. The final version will be published as soon as I get it finished.

*—subject to approval by the Montspoor railway authorities
Sascha Claus

Good evening,
I finally got my new trains running error-free and on time and the layout has been published. :dance: IR18W (Coates – Farris – Cairndow – Warstones) and IR11W (Clydesgow – Torkham – Cairndow – Warstones) are currently not running on the Cairndow – Warstones section, and their shuffling in Cairndow is temporarily suspended.

In contrast, a small, new regional route from Cairndow to the northeast has debuted. Is anybody interested in building this week?
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Hi,
in response to my suggestions from last week :o and because I’m not the slightest bit pushy, :lol: I’m currently remodelling my IR network in Inverfyne:
Inverfyne+Montspoor.png
IR11 Clydesgow – Torkham – Inverfyne – Rothesay is split in two west of Cairndow, with an hourly IR11A to Rothesay (on the Isle of Argull) and an hourly IR11W to Warstones. The new route west – Farris – Coates Continental/West is expected to reach Cairndow in the west and will use the timetable slots vacated by IR11, with a cross-platform connection in Cairndow. The final version will be published as soon as I get it finished.
Sounds good, feel free to send them to the border now. I'll make the local connection to Coates as soon as I see them at the border.

Currently, track laying has reached the next big city and will take a break for now. Next up is preparing speed limits, stopping points, timetables, routes through stations, etc. You can see current progress south of Coates when it gets pasted into the layout, but here is a screenshot:
Bild

The arrow indicates a bridge over the river at Willey. The big city indicated by W is Walcote and has a terminus station in the centre and a through station for the new alignment.
This line is built for 200 kph operations by re-aligning it in many places, including tunnels and moving stations out of small cities to avoid unnecessary sharp bends. Some parts of the old alignment have been left in. Lazyness? History? Still used by some trains? Who knows, but they are still there.
Walcote also features a single tram line, to be built at some point. I don't know when I will insert these developments into the layout, but you will be notified :)

- - -

User defined graphics: Would anyone mind if I added some generic graphics? Or maybe you have something nice to add?
Kind regards - Matias
Antworten