English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
Sascha Claus

Re: English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Ahoi hoi,
long time no read!

But at least there is a new version, which I secretly uploaded just now. I hope that Matias hasn’t already started his work by now. :?
1993matias hat geschrieben:Sounds good, feel free to send them to the border now. I'll make the local connection to Coates as soon as I see them at the border.
from Cairndow, it will be a really long local connection to Coates. :D But if you like, there is an IR and a local route at Strone, both waiting to be extended into Montspoor. In the meantime, the IR routes in Inverfyne have been reshuffled, to keep you on your toes when trying to remember all my route numbers. :lol:
Cairndow-routes.png
IR18 Warstones – Cairndow and IR11 Rothesay – Inverfyne – Cairndow with subsections:
• IR18F Warstones – Cairndow – Farris* – Coates*
• IR18T Warstones – Cairndow – Torkham – Clydesgow
• IR11F Rothesay – Inverfyne – Cairndow – Farris* – Coates*
• IR11T Rothesay – Inverfyne – Cairndow – Torkham – Clydesgow

New are also an unnamed IR route from somewhere north* via Cairndow and Dunoon into No Man’s Land; a planned parallel to IR11, the IR10 from Inverfyne to somewhere north* via all the small towns along the way and another unnamed route from Warstones to somewhere north*, were it would meet up* with both aforementioned routes.

*—route subject to permission by local authorities :wink:

Because the honorary citizens on the other side of the tracks don’t want be left out, the Queensbury Lines have started IR services between St. Catherines, Queensbury, Inverchorachan and a short stub south towards Halifax.

Because the line from Queensbury south is expected to reach south all the way to Jiřkov, there is also an IC route with tilting trains from Cairndow (IC20) and Inverfyne (IC21, splitting/joining in St. Cath’s) that will be a much faster connection between Inverfyne and Otčina than tha long way via Clydesgow.

If you look closely at the map, you might also notice a new national park, which will certainly attract a lot of tourists and a lot of special trains.
The arrow indicates a bridge over the river at Willey. The big city indicated by W is Walcote and has a terminus station in the centre and a through station for the new alignment.
That bridge looks like a good place for IR1¿ (the unnamed route that leaves Torkham to the northeast) to connect with with your intercity network.
Walcote also features a single tram line, to be built at some point.
Like Naumburg? Or more like Strausberg?
User defined graphics: Would anyone mind if I added some generic graphics? Or maybe you have something nice to add?
There are a lot of nice and essential :wink: graphics around there, many of them available in the other teamworks.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sorry for the late upload, version 18 is now uploaded. Only new tracks have been built to Walcote since last time, no new trains for now.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: from Cairndow, it will be a really long local connection to Coates. :D But if you like, there is an IR and a local route at Strone, both waiting to be extended into Montspoor. In the meantime, the IR routes in Inverfyne have been reshuffled, to keep you on your toes when trying to remember all my route numbers.
Sounds good, just park them at the border and I will integrate them into my routes. Thank you!
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:[...]
The arrow indicates a bridge over the river at Willey. The big city indicated by W is Walcote and has a terminus station in the centre and a through station for the new alignment.
That bridge looks like a good place for IR1¿ (the unnamed route that leaves Torkham to the northeast) to connect with with your intercity network.
Yes please, that was the intention :D
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:[...]
Walcote also features a single tram line, to be built at some point.
Like Naumburg? Or more like Strausberg?
Maybe slightly bigger, but yes. A single, short line
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
Sascha Claus

Mahlzeit,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Sorry for the late upload, version 18 is now uploaded. Only new tracks have been built to Walcote since last time, no new trains for now.
are you sure you did upload the right file? :think: When opening, your v18 still greets me with a view of Cairndow station and a total runtime of 50 seconds more than my v17. And new tracks are nowhere to be seen. :?:
Sounds good, just park them at the border and I will integrate them into my routes. Thank you!
:arrow: There two are hourly goods train routes, SC-GC-Str and SC-GM-Str, from a future marshalling/container yard near Cairndow, currently terminating at the border. On is a container train, the other one a mixed train from the marshalling yard.
:arrow: Then there are SC-IR11F and SC-IR18F, terminating at the platform inside Strone, the last station in Inverfyne (region). Both will continue calling at this station after an extension to Montspoor. Note that the trains to and from Inverfyne (the city) are one coach longer than th Warstone trains!
:arrow: SC-R19 terminates at Strone. M-R19 is the placeholder for your local route, currently operated with old, surplus material.

Identical setup for the route via Dunoon to somewhere else.

Hmmm … I think I’ll rename IR18 to something else and use the number for a new route from Warstones to St. Catherines via Third and Sixth town.
Yes please, that was the intention :D
Another possibility would be to route these route directly to Walcote and have another route from Willey southward, with both routes crossing inside the No Man’s Land.
With freight traffic, like Klingenthal – Sachsenberg-Georgenthal? :) [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ]
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:are you sure you did upload the right file? :think: When opening, your v18 still greets me with a view of Cairndow station and a total runtime of 50 seconds more than my v17. And new tracks are nowhere to be seen. :?:
Oh no! I tried again, try downloading the one with (1) at the end.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:
With freight traffic, like Klingenthal – Sachsenberg-Georgenthal? :) [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ]
Thanks for the inspiration :)
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

1993matias hat geschrieben:Oh no! I tried again, try downloading the one with (1) at the end.
Yes, that looks better. Shiny new tracks alle the way from Coates to Walpole.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:With freight traffic, like Klingenthal – Sachsenberg-Georgenthal? :) [ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ]
Thanks for the inspiration :)
Then don’t forget the factories that produce the millions of harmonicas and hundred thousands of accordions to send by train. :lol:

Sligthly improved version of the Inverfyne network:
Cairndow-routes.png
:arrow: IR18 moved to a new route via Fifth town and through the Cairngorms to Inverchorachan
:arrow: new number for the old route IR18
:arrow: a newly planned route splitting from IR10 and running via Sixth town to Fourth town (and maybe further :) ), maxing out the possible combinations of ? and ¿ :D
:arrow: drawn planned southern half of IR10 and two new small towns
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Santa Claus

Beitrag von Santa Claus »

Ho ho ho,

while working hard to bring gifts around the world, you won’t be forgotten. :) A new version of the 2nd English Teamwork has just been uploaded to the Google Drive, and attached to this post you find the old map of Inverfyne region for the umpteenth time, now with names for the towns added. (Useful for navigation when flying around with a sled :lol: )
Cairndow-routes.png
New in the layout are the railway stations of Kidderminster Town and Warstones together with some decorative trains; specifically trains for all regular routes planned to call at these stations (excluding night, auto and infrequent open-access trains). Also included is a suggestion for a new InterRegio line almost completely in Montspoor that’s hugging the coast (IR¿?), dashed in pink.

Please note that the new Warstones station is in no way a copy of Lindau-Insel and the really short line from Kidderminster Town to Kidderminster Pier is my own invention and not the slightest bit inspired by the Friedrichshafen Stadt – Friedrichshafen Hafen line. :D
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind.
--Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Merry Christmas!

"So ein Ding muss ich auch haben", Sascha said :P

Despite my prolonged leave I have not forgotten about the layout. Unfortunately, life has decided to trow a lot of things my way, so I have not had a lot of time for myself these last months. My apologies.
Kind regards - Matias
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Hello (after long time :D ),
due to my knee injury, I'll have some free time next weekend. So from Wednesday to Friday, I booked the file and hopefully build same tracks :)
J.
Sascha Claus

Good Evening,
ZXS91 hat geschrieben:So from Wednesday to Friday, I booked the file and hopefully build same tracks :)
nice to read you again, even if it isn’t for the best reason. I’m having a layout with some changes laying around here, I’ll do my best to get it published in time.

Get well soon :pray: and don’t forget tracks for the new IC20/21 that somebody is planning to Jiřkov. :)
Cairndow-with-IC20.png
Sascha Claus

Good evening,

with a slight delay due to Verzögerungen im Betriebsablauf I just uploaded my latest version of the layout to the cloud. Hopefully I didn’t mess up someones schedule. :oops:
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Good evening,
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:...Hopefully I didn’t mess up someones schedule. :oops:
Never mind, few minutes of copy/paste won't kill me :D

Weekend seems to be free, so more build-time for me :)
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Good evening,
I have just uploaded v21.

Not so much work is done, but now is (finally! :D ) possible for long distance trains to run from (New) Cumnock through Vismorth to Jirkov/Georgetown or Pomořany/Englishnamewillbeaddedlater-city - see the image.
LongDistanceTrainsFatherland.png
SC-IC4 now runs every 30 minutes, so once in hour to Jirkov (possibly through Waverley to Airport), and once to Pomořany, maybe? :)

Trains in Pomořany can use waiting tracks north of the station. In Jirkov will be placed a bigger yard.

Some middle stops in smaler cities (marked by pink) can be serviced.

Green box marks place, where right-hand traffic changes to left-hand.

Later, I will add:
- trains Jirkov - Vismorth and Vismorth - Pomořany with connection in Vismorth to/from trains to/from other branch
- some more station(s) on line Vismorth - Pomořany
- big service yard in Jirkov
- complete track Jirkov - Pomořany + trains
- local trains on these/parallel tracks
- other local trains
- freigh trains

Speed on the tracks - I have no idea :D But my thoughts are:
Line Vismorth - Pomořany is newly build high speed-line (there will be another line for local and freigh trains) - something like Schnellfahrstrecke in Germany. Line Jirkov - Vismorth is older, but heavy modernized. So lower speed. There will be also local and freight trains.

Good night :)
Sascha Claus

Hi,
ZXS91 hat geschrieben:SC-IC4 now runs every 30 minutes, so once in hour to Jirkov (possibly through Waverley to Airport), and once to Pomořany, maybe? :)
IC4 has an predetermined breaking point in the middle, to it could be split at Vismorth with one half to Jirkov and the other half to Pomořany. But I’m fine with alternating routes.

The current timetable (IC from Cumnock arrives ca. :26/:56 in Vismorth, leaves for Comnock :04/:34) would even allow for a great meeting of trains in all directions and for through trains Jirkov – Vismorth – Pomořany.
Like in Drahotuše or Popovice? :)
Later, I will add:
- freigh trains
There are already some container block trains underway, additional mixed freight trains will start service once the marshalling yard in Cumnock is ready. Maybe some rolling highway routes will be added.
Line Vismorth - Pomořany is newly build high speed-line (there will be another line for local and freigh trains) - something like Schnellfahrstrecke in Germany.
Hmm … IC4 with its top speed of only 200 km/h will feel slow and like roadblock on such a high-speed line. :lol:

By the way (or rather atop), my trains are running with 15 kV at 16,70 Hz. What power do you have on offer?
ZXS91

Beitrag von ZXS91 »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:
Like in Drahotuše or Popovice? :)
Just like that :)
Hmm … IC4 with its top speed of only 200 km/h will feel slow and like roadblock on such a high-speed line. :lol:
200 km/h seems okay, towns are close.
By the way (or rather atop), my trains are running with 15 kV at 16,70 Hz. What power do you have on offer?
To be honest, I didn't think about that, so I think I adjust to your system :)
Sascha Claus

G’d evening,
ZXS91 hat geschrieben:
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: By the way (or rather atop), my trains are running with 15 kV at 16,70 Hz. What power do you have on offer?
To be honest, I didn't think about that, so I think I adjust to your system :)
that’s good, so I don’t have to desclare my class 147s as dualo-system locomotives. :)

I didn’t find much time for BAHN in the past weeks, and what was available was spent more on thinking than building. Thoughts about the IC4 timetable, with something like a sqadron of night trains leaving Jirkov every evening for Clydesgow, where the seating cars and the dining car is uncoupled and identical twins from the mouth of the River Clyde (coming as IC2) are added. The combined train will then be sent onto its merry way south- or eastbound into the night.

This theatre is then reversed early morning, with trains emerging from the night in Clydesgow from the south and east, being split in half, having a dining car and some seating cars added and continuing to Jirkov.

Inbetween, passengers would find the existing half-hourly double-deck trains during daytime and a few, lonely EMUs every one or two hours during nighttime. And this is how the stabling yard for nighttrains in Jirkov could look like during daytime:
Jirkov-night-trains.png
What do you think?
Antworten