1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von 1993matias »

It fits okay. How much can you push the departure later? I think ten minutes at the border station will be good. It departs :10 (7,9,11,13,15,17,19 and 22).
Also, what do you think of a train which goes through several countries? Like EuroCity. And maybe a night train?
Zuletzt geändert von 1993matias am Donnerstag 30. September 2010, 22:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:It fits okay. How much can you push the departure later? I think ten minutes at the border station will be good. It departs :10 (7,9,11,13,15,17,9 and 22).
*hm*… quickly laying some tracks and running a test train:

Code: Alles auswählen

Arr. Dep. |                 Arr. Dep.  
Robbleside     :53  :04  |  Wigan               :34     
Stevenston     :12  :16  |  Holton Heath   :42  :44
Ardrossan      :23  :36  |  Ardrossan      :54  :07
Holton Heath   :46  :48  |  Stevenston     :43  :47
Wigan          :56       |  Robbleside     :55  :10
maybe further north …
How often should the trains run across the border? Half-hourly? Hourly? Two-hourly as your IC1? Which track should trains from Ardrossan use?
Also, what do you think of a train which goes through several countries? Like EuroCity.
I'm operating some international IC and IR routes:
:arrow: IC/IR101 Parnell – Northampton – Wigan – Lipsia – Manx – south
:arrow: IC/IR123 Manchester – Northampton – Eranthas – (northeast)
:arrow: IC110 Lipsiaderry – Parnell – Manchester – Ardrossan – Lipsia – (east)
and some planned. But there are no national IR/IC routes which run only inside my area. :o
And maybe a night train?
If we find a distance with a travel time of about 5 to 6 hours. :)
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Why that huge waiting time at Ardrossan?

The Ic-train arrives at the border :54 (6,8,10,12,14,16,18,21).

The train depart every two hours. The track would be... hmmm... 5, I think.Will you be using your own traction? Will you have other trains that the IC? And please note the IC doesn't have a driving van.

The night train could have a "slicing station", e.g.

Code: Alles auswählen

Line 1                          Line 3
--------                        ------------
        \                      /
         \ Dividing station   /
          --------------------
         /                    \
--------/                      \------------
Line 2                          Line 4
So that two short trains meet there, dividing, and forming two other short trains, consisting of the half of each of the two original trains; e.g.
Train 1: AAAAAA
Train 2: BBBBBBB
After dividing:
Train 3: AAABBB
Train 4: BBBAAA

The division could then take an hour, extending the travel time.

And I would also like a morning and an evening express train to you, and maybe even to Nene Firth County?

Also, if you want, I could make timetables. I'm anyways probably going to change mine when I'm "done".

Sincerely - Matias, proud BAHN-builder!
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Why that huge waiting time at Ardrossan?
to allow both the passengers from the lower platforms to reach the IC on the upper level and the passengers from the upper platforms to reach the IC on the lower level.
The train depart every two hours. The track would be... hmmm... 5, I think.
To or from Ardrossan or both? If I extend the existing IC, I'll need a second trainset and they would meet in Robbleside at the same time, needing two tracks.
Will you be using your own traction?
Yes, the mentioned class 74. Do you want something else?
Will you have other trains that the IC?
Half-hourly local trains, and in the future I might threaten you with goods trains. :D
And please note the IC doesn't have a driving van.
Yes, I already noticed.
The night train could have a "slicing station", … The division could then take an hour, extending the travel time.
Yes, without shunting and changing cars with other trains, it wouldn't be a real night train. :) I also wondered about some trains, like connections to the sea resorts or motorail trains.
And I would also like a morning and an evening express train to you, and maybe even to Nene Firth County?
I'm creating such a nice integrated and synchronized timetable and now my new neighbour wants direct trains … :cry: :wink: Of course, one or two trains a day are possible. They could leave your area 7:54 and 19:54 and enter it 8:10 and 20:10, i.e. as additional to trains to the IC.
Sincerely - Matias, proud BAHN-builder!
And not the only one. :)
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Thanks for your input, I'll see what I can do, and reply soon.
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

I'd like to have night trains too. Of course they wouldn't use high-speed lines.

Also I'm almost ready to supply freight trains.
The first one planned is an hourly IM train from Eranthas harbour via Blackley to somewhere in Sascha's country.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: .... they would meet in Robbleside at the same time, needing two tracks.
Track 5 for northbound, and track 4 for southbound. There will be locomotive change at the station, I could do that. Just make your line ready for running the train (I'll start it myself :) )
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: .... Of course, one or two trains a day are possible. They could leave your area 7:54 and 19:54 and enter it 8:10 and 20:10, i.e. as additional to trains to the IC.
It will be diesel, as it won't stop at the border. Maybe locomotive change at the first of your stations? And which of your stations should it stop at? Is it okay if we use my wagons?

Sincerely - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Just make your line ready for running the train (I'll start it myself :) )
OK, everything will be prepared, but I had to place a few new shunting points in your part of the station. 1M-IC1 will run as SC-IR133 north of Robbleside and the route numbers will be held at the engines, so the coaches will get the higher train number when uncoupling. There will be additional SC-IR133A trains north of Stevenston to form a half-hourly interval in my area. May I run at least hourly to Robbleside?
It will be diesel, as it won't stop at the border. Maybe locomotive change at the first of your stations?
It enters on the 750V/3rd rail River Ribble Railway and then changes onto the 25kV/50Hz overhead wire Foreland Railway line, so it's good to pass the 750V area with diesel and change directly to a 25kV engine.
And which of your stations should it stop at?
It would run it as IR and call at
:arrow: Ardrossan (lower platforms),
:arrow: Troon (currently known as Thelso),
:arrow: Ayr (currently known as Greenock),
:arrow: Kilmarnock
:arrow: Lipsia=Euston
:arrow: Lipsia Main Station
(the villages around Ardrossan, Ayr and Kilmarnock will be named after villages of the real Ayrshire)

And BTW, Dalwhinnie will be renamed Dingwall and Kyle of Lochalsh will become Fort William. Better to rename these towns as long as they consist of nothing more than the railway station. :D
Is it okay if we use my wagons?
Yes, that makes the traffic at Lipsia more colorful. :)
Sascha Claus

Hello,

I just sent around No. 229 of our BAHN Teamwork Project. I wanted to send it yesterday evening but messed up IR112 and by chance had a free day to repair it.

@matias: You should be on the mailing list now. If you didn't receive it, let me know and download it here. If you got the mail, just skip this posting, it's the same (long) text as in the mail. :wink:

:arrow: River Ribble Railway is is ready for IC traffic and a local route (SC-R11) runs from Robbleside to Saltcoats & Stevenston (halfway to Ardrossan). It will be extended as soon as additional stops at the smaller villages have been built. For 1M-IC1, I changed the tracks 4 and 5 in Robbleside. Since the trains from Ardrossan and South Neckfieldfleetmere arrive at the same time but depart at different times, it proved to be better if they cross each other's route at departure instead of at arrival.

:arrow: @matias: I marked all tracks in "Saltcoats & Stevenston" which are currently unused, so you can open your direct train(s) for Lipsia until this station and I will extend them on my next time. Since yenz wasn't seen the last weeks, I doubt that he's going do something now. Just use his time from today until Sunday evening (Octobre, 10th)!

:arrow: Great North Eastern Railway “re”opened the Blackley, Swannington, Coalville and Cothelstone Colliery Railway. IR112 was extended to North Cothelstone - Coalville - Blackley - Moston and a stopping train R54 from North Cothelstone to Blackley was introduced. @Sirnight: Tracks from North Cothelstone to North Bay are prepared, so you may run local and fast trains to North Cothelstone MSt (Main Station) as soon as you want.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I'm glad to see the train up and running!

Added more info about Ribbleshire on the wiki:
http://florin.omegaspace.de/bw/index.ph ... ibbleshire
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Wandernetze 230

Here it goes :D

I've built further to the west, and have some long, deserted lines. I've had troubles with finishing the timetables, so maybe you'll have to stop the trains (there are not so many).

I've also added a bus line (!), but I won't be adding more soon, I think.

I've made a InterCityLightning-train, to go non-stop between my area, and some biiig cities, currently departing twice daily.

Also added is a night train, who knows, maybe with Chris it'll be possible to have a "real" night train?

I hope this will leave something to work on, the next date I have will be in my vacation, so don't have too low expectations ;)

Good luck with building!

BTW, I sent it with Google Wave, but it didn't work as expected, so you'll get two mails, one from Google Wave, and one with the project on.

Sincerely - Matias
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hi!

I've just taken a look at the new building schedule. Is Yenz still building? Because if he isn't, I would like to suggest taking a few days of this week from Yens, especially to fix some problems I didn't solve last time, but also because I currently have vacations during this week.

What do you think?
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:I've just taken a look at the new building schedule. Is Yenz still building?
I've sent him an e-mail and he is still alive. He says he's still wondering whether he has time and desire. I think this means “currently not”. (And you might think he's only a phantom …)
I would like to suggest taking a few days of this week from Yens,
Nothing to object, use it to fill your country! :-)

My work in the teamwork at this time are the shapes of the new Sulphur Spa Moffat, up in the mountains in the southwestern corner of my realm. The 686mm line was built from the border at Acesoul to Moffat Vetchburn Station and MATIAS' trains 1M-NG1 were extended. Since this would be too boring, an additional car is attached between Acesoul and Moffat. If I didn't mess up the trains, I'll extend to a 30min-interval on this section later.

If you take a close look at Moffat, you will notice that there are also the first traces of the 750mm line via Dumfries to Lipsia and the 1000mm line to Annan.

Since Moffat is a Sulphur Spa and Aviemore is a Thermal Spa, both attracting a lot of patients at the health resorts (and have more inhabitants than Hot Sulphur Springs :wink: ), and Moffat will become a centre of pilgrimage soon (when it gets its cathedral), they should be included into our network of night trains.

:idea: A train from each of these both towns would run to Lipsia where they meet with the sleeper from Ribbleshire, and later, maybe one from CHRIS.

In Lipsia, waggons are shunted and the trains reordered and then proceed to their destinations:
:arrow: two trains to Eranthas, one for the Polar Line and one for a train ferry to Taka-Tuka-Country :wink: or somewhere else;
:arrow: maybe one or more for Chris,
:arrow: »Night Riviera« for the sea resorts west of Northampton,
:arrow: »Caledonian Sleeper« for Aviemore & Moffat,
:arrow: South Neckfieldfleetmere

What do you all think?

Update: I translated the list of possible goods types which Jan Eisold created for the Teamwork No. 3 “Regio”. It is possibly not the best translation, and you might be shocked about its length, :wink: but it might give you some ideas on which industries to build. Please enter existing and new industry to help getting goods off the street and on the rails! :)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Since the net came early, can I build friday-sunday? I would appreciate an answer :)

Sincerely - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Since the net came early, can I build friday-sunday?
I won't do anything on this day, so go ahead! But only if you build at least three mines (or assign places where they will be built) :wink: :lol:
Antworten