BAHN Viewer?

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
micha88
Re: BAHN Viewer?

Beitrag von micha88 »

Bild
UHM

Beitrag von UHM »

I think for everybody it's possible, just not to register BAHN. Although it's maybe not offically legal BAHN changes after the test period by itself to a version in which it's not possible anymore to save changes. That means it's like a viewer, only the register box is shown at every startup.
Because I also think that after some time of usage the most of the users also want to change something or to create something new they also want to enable the change possiblility. And then they just register it and don't need to install it newly - a big advantage!

best regards
UHM
Tschö
UHM
Christopher Spies

Beitrag von Christopher Spies »

The difference between Acrobat Reader and a BAHN viewer as suggested by augiasz is that Acrobat documents (or Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, ...) are static, while BAHN layouts are dynamic.
The software mentioned by micha88 is a static BAHN layout viewer.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">[...] BAHN changes after the test period by itself to a version in which it's not possible anymore to save changes.</tr></td></table>

After the trial period expires, BAHN layouts are also permanently stopped. That means, an unregistered version also becomes a static BAHN layout viewer.

The problem is that the editing capabilities of BAHN are only a minor part of the program. The major part is the simulation engine, which would still be required for a dynamic BAHN viewer.

Remember that Jan Bochmann (the author of BAHN) is the only person who exactly knows the algorithms for running a BAHN layout, and that it took him years to improve the simulator continuously until it reached the current level.

I also agree with what UHM said:

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Because I also think that after some time of usage the most of the users also want to change something or to create something new they also want to enable the change possiblility.</tr></td></table>

That's why there will never be such a viewer and why it would be of little use in my opinion.

- Christopher
Zuletzt geändert von Christopher Spies am Sonntag 8. Mai 2005, 22:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten