Combined Signals

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Ton Laduc

Combined Signals

Beitrag von Ton Laduc »

Jan did a great job to create Combined Signals! First I had to get used to them, but now they are working fine.

There's only one but. The Combined Signal with three lamps under each other has the wrong order of colors, for at least Holland and I think also for Great Britain.

Jan has created the signal with green-red-yellow(from top to bottom). The right order should be green-yellow-red. This is because the stop-light has always been seen when it's burning, even when a lot of snow has fallen.

My question to Jan: could you change the order? Or is there a country where this order to used? In that case I would ask to create a new Combined Signal for Holland and Britain.

Greetings,

Ton.
Mercurio

Re: Combined Signals

Beitrag von Mercurio »

The current "foreign" signal layout in BAHN (G-R-Y) corresponds to the smallest base type of the French system. And as Ton assumed, the British layout is G-Y-R, just as in the Netherlands.
Since the French signal system is rather complex and still cannot be realisticly simulated, even with the current improvements to BAHN's signalling capabilities, the idea of replacing/changing the current G-R-Y signal to a G-Y-R signal should be considered for upcoming versions of BAHN. At least that is my opinion.

~m~
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">The current "foreign" signal layout in BAHN (G-R-Y) corresponds to the smallest base type of the French system. And as Ton assumed, the British layout is G-Y-R, just as in the Netherlands.
Since the French signal system is rather complex and still cannot be realisticly simulated, even with the current improvements to BAHN's signalling capabilities, the idea of replacing/changing the current G-R-Y signal to a G-Y-R signal should be considered for upcoming versions of BAHN. At least that is my opinion.

</tr></td></table>

Some examples:

green-red-yellow: FI,CH,ES

green-yellow-red: AT,NL,UK

yellow-green-red-yellow: OsshD(Eastern Europe, eg DE(Hl),CZ,SK,PL,HU,BG,RU,former SU),LU,GR

green-red-green: NO,DK

green-yellow-green (distant): DK

green-red+yellow: DE(H/V), TK,

yellow-red-green-red-yellow: FR

red-green+yellow: DE(Ks)

green+yellow-red-yellow: BE

without yellow: CH

red-yellow-green: IT, International: Common traffic lights (many countries)

...and much more...

Hard decision...

Regards
Jan B.
Martin Körner

Beitrag von Martin Körner »

You can put all these variations in BAHN and let the User decide [img]icon_twisted.gif[/img]
DW

Beitrag von DW »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">You can put all these variations in BAHN and let the User decide </tr></td></table>And then we all buy 1Gbyte main memories and 1Tbyte discs and 100Ghz processors ... [img]icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
emeg

Beitrag von emeg »

To make it even more complicated. Not all the Dutch main signals have a green toplight, Also an yellow (orange on top) green red light exist. By example the blocksignals P 634 and P 636 near Zevenaar along the traject German border-Arnhem have that light configuration.

Greetings emeg.
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

There is no rule for the order the signal lights have to be. In fact in Gouda for example the signal is turned on it's side to fit on the platform.

Daan
Rolinator

Beitrag von Rolinator »

That's not true, in Gouda it's an exception because there's to little space to hang the signal vertical. The basic Dutch signals are (from top to bottom) G-Y-R or Y-G-R. Pre-signals are only Y-G. (with a possible red lens).
Zuletzt geändert von Rolinator am Montag 11. Dezember 2006, 19:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
So Schön wie Bayern...
Sander Fondse

Beitrag von Sander Fondse »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Y-G-R</tr></td></table>
The cause off this change, is because there used to be a signal Y-G-R-Y , were wenn dubble Yellow was schone ment that the speed should be cut in half. It's allready gone. But Delft Station still hast a former 4 lights-signal (only 3 are in use today)
Bahn, immer etwas zu tun. Und ohne Verspätungen, wie die NS.
Bastiaan

Beitrag von Bastiaan »

Can you cut a speed in half? [img]icon_razz.gif[/img] Of course you mean "proceed with half speed". For example, when you drive with 140 km/h and you see double-yellow, you must proceed with 70 km/h.

Don't feel offended, BTW [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Bastiaan am Montag 11. Dezember 2006, 21:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Niederländische Grafiken für BAHN -- Jetzt nicht mehr auf DutchBahn, aber auf Trapho.net!
Rolinator

Beitrag von Rolinator »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">It's allready gone. </tr></td></table>

lucky for the " ATB " it's gone [img]icon_smile.gif[/img] because it couldn't make difference between a intercity and a freighttrain, which would cause some errors...
Zuletzt geändert von Rolinator am Dienstag 12. Dezember 2006, 17:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
So Schön wie Bayern...
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

To add to the confusion, the three-aspect lights at the top of the list are green-top, while the equivalent design in two-aspect shows red-top.

I don't see any reason why many if not all of the major variations can't be added. At a guess, the individual types would take up very little additional memory (the vast majority of any given tile isn't drawn on, and I'd assume that Jan optimises for performance anyway). The only real obstacle I see is that someone actually has to draw them in all directions.
Antworten