Generating Bahn Layouts

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Chris

Re: Generating Bahn Layouts

Beitrag von Chris »

(cookie got mangled ...)

"Convert.pm" is missing from the 0.13 bundle.
BertTijhuis

Beitrag von BertTijhuis »

Thanx for you're comment
I will add it now
Mirko Cisar

Beitrag von Mirko Cisar »

Howdie!

I have also the problem with the 1 kb BNA file. But I did extract the data using S. I guess there is a problem with extraction because the XML files are all just 0 kb large. And when there is nothing available to write the BNA will contain a header only...

Anyone an idea what is wrong?

Mirko
Signaller76

Beitrag von Signaller76 »

I think its nice program for possible accurate teamwork projects(everyone know the layout proportions). I keep getting the same problem with 0 kb xml files. The program also indicates following error message:

DBD::SQLite::db_do_failed: table node_total already exists(1) at dbdimp.c line 271 at ops2jbss_e.pl line 329

(The final layout works but has some gaps in the middle of the layout)
Zuletzt geändert von Signaller76 am Freitag 12. Dezember 2008, 17:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Signaller76

Also the projection seems to be bit outscaled in North-South direction, could it be possible to use Mercator projection while making Bna files as option?

For example where in reality the street leads directly to North East, in bahn 1:16 view the same street goes to North-northeast. I think this is because of projection used by converter. The problem comes very clear in Northern countries.
BertTijhuis

Hello,

Regarding the 0 byte XML I will have a look to these and regarding the projection especially in the Northern countries, may be we could use another projection for this.
At the moment the convertion is done from degrees in meters.

But please specify the coordinates for this and I will see, what I can do.

Regards, Bert Tijhuis
Signaller76

Thanks for the reply,
My attempted working area is here in Finland .

With coordinates lat=60.2348&lon=24.9799

Here is the comparison between bahn data and osm map.
Bild
BertTijhuis

Hello,

Today: 5/1/2009 a version 0.14 of ops2jbss is available

it contains:

UTM conversion support
This has to do with the conversion from Longitude, Latitude to meters.
Now you could choose between a Lambert or UTM conversion.

A smal bug is found in the software and repaired and also better support for data extraction (Zero XML files)

Good luck

Bert Tijhuis
BertTijhuis

Hello All,

Due to some extra testing especialy for the Helsinki region. I've made some extra adjustments. (version 0.15)

Please use the latest version and before using it Clean up the Cache Area.

Regards, Bert Tijhuis
Markus Klingsiek
Wohnort: Indienststellung: Minden/Westf, Überstellung nach Wien 2006, Überstellung ins Waldviertel 2014

Beitrag von Markus Klingsiek »

Thanx for this great idea!

Nevertheless, it's not working properly on my computer... [img]icon_sad.gif[/img] First of all, i get the same message as Mirko (DBD::SQLite:db do failed etc etc etc.). But this message appeared first when I cleared the SQLite database manually with the CDB command. The BNA data is incomplete.

The import process from openstreetmaps just stopped somewhere after a short time and i have to restart the program to continue with generating the BNA file.. I'm not sure if that's a wanted behaviour or not?

With UTM conversion, I didn't found any XML files in the Cache folder and the created BNA file is empty.

When I try to generate a BNA file, an error message will be generated which just flash and vanishes immediatly. I captured the sreen and was able to read the following error message: "Undefined subroutine &main::geo2II called at ops2jbss_g.pl line 79". The created BNA file is incomplete and BAHN says it misses the END command.

Greetings,
Markus

Edit: two ideas for the future:

1. it would be great if the user could decide in which "color" the streets should be created
2. would it be possible to separate pedestrian areas from dirt roads?
Zuletzt geändert von Markus Klingsiek am Mittwoch 7. Januar 2009, 12:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
BertTijhuis

Always at the start a message appears regarding DBD::SQLite:db failed,
this has to do with creating a table in SQLite that are already exist.
This is harmless. But in the future I shall try to remove this due to testing of the table structures.

The import process from openstreetmaps just stopped somewhere after a short time and i have to restart the program to continue with generating the BNA file.. I'm not sure if that's a wanted behaviour or not?

This is a real serious problem and I've notice this by myself also. It means that the XML file is corrupt (or it isn't an XML file). A work around is to remove all the *.xml file from the cache region and restart again to extract the data.
Till now I'm working for a solution for this and this should be available in version V0.16. But I'm still testing.

Secondly try to use UTM coordinates instead of Lagrand, (to do this run through you're configuration again and use UTM coordinates. (It has nothing to do with XML)

The suggestion you made regarding the colors of the streets shall be added in the next release and even so for the pedestrian areas.

But thanks for using the tool

regards, Bert TIjhuis
Markus Klingsiek
Wohnort: Indienststellung: Minden/Westf, Überstellung nach Wien 2006, Überstellung ins Waldviertel 2014

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">(SQL Database) This is harmless. But in the future I shall try to remove this due to testing of the table structures.</tr></td></table>

Okay. The problem is further, that, after this message, the extraction from the openstreetmaps server stops immideatly and it happens nothing more.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">This is a real serious problem and I've notice this by myself also. It means that the XML file is corrupt (or it isn't an XML file). A work around is to remove all the *.xml file from the cache region and restart again to extract the data.
Till now I'm working for a solution for this and this should be available in version V0.16. But I'm still testing.</tr></td></table>

Okay, maybe this exception above is the same problem as this here...

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Secondly try to use UTM coordinates instead of Lagrand, (to do this run through you're configuration again and use UTM coordinates. (It has nothing to do with XML)</tr></td></table>

When I use UTM, nothing happens. Well, to be exactly, there will be no XML data in the cache folder and the BNA is empty. :( When I use Lagrand to import a OSM file, it works, but, as already mentioned, north is not north. In my case, i tried to import the region around Timisoara in Romania, and north is about maybe 5 ° west.

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">The suggestion you made regarding the colors of the streets shall be added in the next release and even so for the pedestrian areas.</tr></td></table>

This would be great, thanks!

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">But thanks for using the tool</tr></td></table>

With pleasure. :) Finally, when the "import from OSM File" option worked for me, it was really great to use it. Thank you for coding this little tool. :)

Regards,
Markus
BertTijhuis

Hello Markus and everyone else who is using or going to use ops2jbss

Today 18 jan 2009 I've uploaded version V0.16 of ops2jbss.

Bug resolved during the extraction and also the generation of BNA files
(thanks to Markus)

I've also included support for different type of Roads and Rails.
See the configuration Menu item.

Please try to use this and in the future I will add a FAQ on the website for common problems.

Anyone who wants to help me to enhance the features of this tool and for example port the Open Street Map data directly into the proprietary JBSS format is welcome.

Or the're should be more possibilties into the BNA format (for examples) to add additional railtypes instead of using the SYMBOL type

Regards, Bert Tijhuis
Markus Klingsiek

Thanx, i will test it in the upcomig week. Due to exams in this and the following week, i'm running a bit out of time, but i hope that there will be a few minutes to look after ops2jbss. [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Anyone who wants to help me to enhance the features of this tool and for example port the Open Street Map data directly into the proprietary JBSS format is welcome. </tr></td></table>

Phew, directly into nt3? The file format specification is really hard to understand (or i do have too little knowledge regarding this). But of course, this would be outstanding, [img]icon_twisted.gif[/img] but I think that BNA files are best for converting ops-data because the BNA format is meant for importing foreign data to BAHN. It is practically unused for yeas now (i don't know any program which can handle or create BNA files), so maybe it was not taken too much care to it because nobody requested for doing this.
Zuletzt geändert von Markus Klingsiek am Sonntag 18. Januar 2009, 22:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
stpunktgpunkt

Beitrag von stpunktgpunkt »

i tried to use this programm, but something didn't work: at the end i just get this 1kb-bna-file like others already wrote. when i press G the following text appears for a very short time:

DBD::SQlite::db prepare failed: no such table: node_total(1) at dbdimp.c line 1 at ops2jbss_g.pl line 377.
Can't call method "execute" on an undefined value at ops2jbss_g.pl line 378.

the import from openstreetmap by pressing S works (the file .gisdata is not empty). when i import an osm-file, the file .gisdata is empty.

i hope you can help me
greetings
stefan
Antworten