British stock pack (0.20 10/07/2009)

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Chris

Re: British stock pack (0.20 10/07/2009)

Beitrag von Chris »

IIRC, Wessex Trains only applied advertising liveries of some sort to their Pacers and Sprinters, and I've tended to leave those out. The closest there was to a corporate livery was the "swirl" design that appeared on the 150s, which had purple at the unit ends - though now that I look at it again I'm tempted to add it to the set albeit without the advertising "swirl".

I assume you're usurping the Welsh bit at the bottom of the map? If you've got a specific look in mind, tell me what you're after and I'll do a custom paint job for you. Alternatively, in accordance with the pack's liberal licence ("do whatever you like"), feel free to lift them out of the set and repaint them as you need. :)

I'd be interested to see how things are moving in wn-en, since the forum thread and the -Archiv have been quiet. I'd love to jump in myself, but I'm juggling too many other things at the moment (including two BAHN projects).
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:IIRC, Wessex Trains only applied advertising liveries of some sort to their Pacers and Sprinters, and I've tended to leave those out.
so someone :wink: has to paint 8 advertising pacers and 25 advertising sprinters? I think, I'll simply use the default livery, although it would be fictional for these DMUs. :roll:
I assume you're usurping the Welsh bit at the bottom of the map?
No, currently not, although I should restore the local traffic down there, but with the existing timetables. I stopped all buses and local trains when they ran out of control and caused delays. :roll:

I'm working southwest of Northampton, where the Interregio from Eranthas finds its way through the mountain range to Manchester. It had to kick the local traffic from the tracks, and now I'm restoring it with Wessex stock and an integrated & synchronised timetable.
I'd be interested to see how things are moving in wn-en, since the forum thread and the -Archiv have been quiet.
The wealth of active workers (Sirnight and me) prefers communication via email and sometimes IRC (irc://irc.euirc.net/#jbssbahn), and the teamwork held a winter sleep of nearly one year in 2009.
I'd love to jump in myself, but I'm juggling too many other things at the moment (including two BAHN projects).
We welcome every new co-worker to join us.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:so someone :wink: has to paint 8 advertising pacers and 25 advertising sprinters? I think, I'll simply use the default livery, although it would be fictional for these DMUs. :roll:
Maybe, but it's a fictional layout, so ... :-)
If Wessex had used Pacers in corporate livery, I suspect they would have been similar to the Sprinters and had a maroon body - doors either in stock yellow (visibility requirements) or lilac. The silver body on the 158s was a hangover from the former Wales & West franchise.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

This thread still here? :wink:

Somewhat overdue, I have returned to the virtual paint shop and done something. A sample of z2/z4 graphics, with opening doors, and improved scaling all round. If there's anyone around who at least vaguely knows what a 150 looks like in real life from more than just photographs, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Things to be aware of:
- The door lights are missing. BAHN has no view for "doors open on other side", so I can only add them on the side where the doors are open, while in reality they light up on both bodysides.
- The recess on the 150/2 set ends is less than brilliant in z4. (It's too small to represent on z2.)
- The roof lining has more fins than can be shown even in z4 (16, I believe) so I haven't added them.
- Floor height for the 150 is 1144mm, which works out to 2.45px. This model uses 2px in z1, while previous versions used 3px and added a pixel to the height to maintain proportions.

There's a test layout included which should already be in the hours of darkness so you can review them in day or night mode. Do be brutal, as the more issues I can get out of the way with this unit the less I have to do for the hundreds of other vehicles.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
DWR

Beitrag von DWR »

Chris hat geschrieben:... If there's anyone around who at least vaguely knows what a 150 looks like in real life from more than just photographs, I'd appreciate any feedback. ...
I haven't travelled in a 150/2 since Saturday afternoon (27.x.12), but I will have a look at this and comment later. Living on the ATW Valleys lines, we see them daily passing the bottom of my garden and travel on them at least once a week.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Since nobody has appeared with a flamethrower yet, I'll assume all was good, and use the work from the 150 as a base for improving the rest of the set. Give it five years and I might actually finish ;-)
fucza

Beitrag von fucza »

Hi. There are some rolling stock of UK in Zoom2 for download? Thank you for info. I find a Virgin Pendolino (maybe Zoom1) too. Thx. M.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

As part of a rework of this set, I'll be upgrading the graphics to z2 and z4. The Pendolino may take some time, since I don't have detailed diagrams for it - or for a lot of recent stuff. If you're after anything else in particular, speak up and I may try and do those first.
fucza

Beitrag von fucza »

Chris hat geschrieben:As part of a rework of this set, I'll be upgrading the graphics to z2 and z4. The Pendolino may take some time, since I don't have detailed diagrams for it - or for a lot of recent stuff. If you're after anything else in particular, speak up and I may try and do those first.
I want simulate tracks Paddington - Penzance, Euston Scotland and London - Calais first.

That, I do not know exactly, but I think I need some 150 and 153 (First GW coloured), some 125 HST (FG coloured), Cross Country (I dont know type - I think Cross Country Class 221 'Super Voyager), Virgin Pendolino, Caledonian Sleeper cars and zoom 2 Eurostar :-)

It is really hard to find some vehicles in zoom 2. I think the zoom4 is useless, but the zoom2 is necessary.

Thank you.
Regards. Martin
fucza

Beitrag von fucza »

Chris:
There are some 153 dmu First Great Western http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:15337 ... Davids.JPG livery in your rework set for my Cornwall layout? Thank you. There is some progress in Zoom 2? Good Luck.
[img]
cornwall.jpg
[/img]
I need some info about traffic on Maritime line (2x 153) - both waiting in Truro overnight? (1 platform No.1)
Thank you for all informations.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Dierk Nüchtern

Beitrag von Dierk Nüchtern »

fucza hat geschrieben:
Chris hat geschrieben:As part of a rework of this set, I'll be upgrading the graphics to z2 and z4. The Pendolino may take some time, since I don't have detailed diagrams for it - or for a lot of recent stuff. If you're after anything else in particular, speak up and I may try and do those first.
I want simulate tracks Paddington - Penzance, Euston Scotland and London - Calais first.

That, I do not know exactly, but I think I need some 150 and 153 (First GW coloured), some 125 HST (FG coloured), Cross Country (I dont know type - I think Cross Country Class 221 'Super Voyager), Virgin Pendolino, Caledonian Sleeper cars and zoom 2 Eurostar :-)

It is really hard to find some vehicles in zoom 2. I think the zoom4 is useless, but the zoom2 is necessary.

Thank you.
Regards. Martin
Hello,

I have some trains in Zoom2. Class 507/508 Merseyrail, 508 London, 314 and 318 SPT, Class 156 Scotrail
fucza

Beitrag von fucza »

Dierk Nüchtern hat geschrieben:
fucza hat geschrieben:

Thank you.
Regards. Martin
Hello,

I have some trains in Zoom2. Class 507/508 Merseyrail, 508 London, 314 and 318 SPT, Class 156 Scotrail

Hello Dierk.
Where can I download it?
Thank you.
fkoeck

Beitrag von fkoeck »

Hi,

I would like to restart my London Undergroup project (I already built London Underground in 2006 - see http://members.aon.at/fkoeck/bahn.htm )
I would need your help: Is there any London Undergroud stock available? The quality of original stock in BAHN is not optimal.
I would also need stock for suburban traffic (e.g. up to Windor). And I would need an information which stock is running on which tracks at suburban traffic. Is there a page available in the internet where I can obtain such information?
Who can help me?
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards from Vienna/Austria
Franz
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Hallo Franz,
fkoeck hat geschrieben:I would need your help: Is there any London Undergroud stock available? The quality of original stock in BAHN is not optimal.
I've got some kicking around, but they're not necessarily in a releasable state. I should be able to fix that though. ;-)
The source data I was working from is a combination of a datasheet from LUL themselves (not sure if it's still online), and an old reference I found on the web (ditto). I'll check later to see what I've done so far - they're probably Z1 only, but they'll be reasonably fine-scale within those limits.
I would also need stock for suburban traffic (e.g. up to Windor). And I would need an information which stock is running on which tracks at suburban traffic. Is there a page available in the internet where I can obtain such information?
The easiest starting point is to use the passenger timetables to figure out what trains run where and who runs them, then look on Wikipedia at what rolling stock the operator uses - sometimes this will describe where they're used. Now that we have sites such as Realtime Trains, photographers are now tagging their photos with the train's running ID, so you can pick some samples out and search for photos to see what actually turned up - for instance, search for "1V91 2014" on Flickr tells me that the morning train from Holyhead to Cardiff has an engine and coaches. If you need to know which particular bit of track they run on (the approach to Waterloo is 8-track), the working timetable (or RTT in "advanced" mode) will tell you - "path" is which track it's approaching on and "line" is which track it's leaving on.

Windsor is reached from both sides of the river. Windsor & Eton Central (north) is usually a shuttle from Slough run by a 165. Most of the local services inside Reading will be also - the exception being stations as far as Hayes & Harlington, which are served by the Heathrow Connect 360s. Also operating on that stretch will be the Heathrow Express 332s, 166s on faster services to Oxford and Newbury, 180s up through the Cotswolds to Worcester and the HSTs (two engines with TGS-4xTF-TRBF-2xTF - first class facing London) on long-distance services. Not sure about Windsor & Eton Riverside (south), though since RTT claims theyre timed at 100mph it'll be either 450s or 458s - I see photos of both, though the 458s have been extended and are now in blue, so won't be in the pack yet.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Here's the selection of LU trains I have. (The name fits in with the rest of the set.) It doesn't have the DLR, and until this afternoon it didn't have the S stock. You will probably get complaints about one of the sets being empty.
Antworten