Generating Bahn Layouts

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Voimala

Re: Generating Bahn Layouts

Beitrag von Voimala »

Hello,
With 4.00b1 release it would be very nice to get generated layouts to include these 22.5 degree inclined tracks. When importing bna files the scale is correct but the program only gives 45 degree ways.

and with my two semester school Deutsch:
Jetzt als 4.00 beta 1 ist fertig, wäre es sehr schön Routen mit diese neue 22.5 Grad Spuren zu generieren. Beim .bna Import ist die Scala richtig, aber das Bahn Programm nur 45 Grad Wege generiert.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
Voimala hat geschrieben:Hello,
With 4.00b1 release it would be very nice to get generated layouts to include these 22.5 degree inclined tracks. When importing bna files the scale is correct but the program only gives 45 degree ways.

and with my two semester school Deutsch:
Jetzt als 4.00 beta 1 ist fertig, wäre es sehr schön Routen mit diese neue 22.5 Grad Spuren zu generieren. Beim .bna Import ist die Scala richtig, aber das Bahn Programm nur 45 Grad Wege generiert.
BNA import did not have updated or enhanced until now. I am not sure whether the current Beta version can generate correct 45 degree elements.

Grtx,
Jan B.
BertTijhuis

Beitrag von BertTijhuis »

Hello,

When this feature is available, and when this is nescessarely, I will add this also to this generating tool

Kind regards,
Bert Tijhuis
Dierk Nüchtern

Beitrag von Dierk Nüchtern »

Hello together,

with my new pc I started a new test for generating a network with this program. Now I have the problem, that I get the message, that the bna has no end? Whats going wrong with the export?
BertTijhuis

Beitrag von BertTijhuis »

Hello,

If possible provide me the file ops2jbss.ini
and I will try to simule this

regards,
Bert tijhuis
MLG

Beitrag von MLG »

Könnt Ihr diese BNA-Import-Funktion nicht mal idiotensicher Schritt für Schritt erklären? Vielen Dank!

Please explain this BNA-function step by step for idiots like me. Thank you very much! :wink:
kugesz

Beitrag von kugesz »

I'm from Hungary. There is a problem with the ops2jbss v.0.22 (http://wanl0049.home.xs4all.nl/ops2jbss/).
I downloaded a .osm from www.geofabrik.de, with the "O xxx.osm" command I create a GISDATA.sqlite file, but „G” command was created just a short BNA:

BNAFILEVERSION 3840
; railstop, S
; railstop, H
; rail, T0
; rail, T3
; rail, T3
; roadstop, B
; roadstop, B
; road, M0
; road, M0
; road, M0
; road, M0
; road, B0
; road, B0
; road, N0
; landuse, R
; water, W1
; water, W1
; water, W1
; water, W1
; water, W1
; water, W1

The „Start Extractor” can download data from the internet, which I do not need, because I need a certain country or city.
Can you help me what could be the problem?

Thanks.
gUFO

Beitrag von gUFO »

MLG hat geschrieben:Könnt Ihr diese BNA-Import-Funktion nicht mal idiotensicher Schritt für Schritt erklären? Vielen Dank!

Please explain this BNA-function step by step for idiots like me. Thank you very much! :wink:

Oh ja - für mich bitte auch!

Mojn Mojn Leutchen,

ich will auch irgendwie mit der Beta 4.02 mein Netz neubauen und dazu natürlich möglichst originalgetreue Koordinaten oder Karten verwenden. Ich bin auch schon seit Tagen dabei, dieses Prinzip mit den Karten und dem Importieren zu begreifen, aber entweder bin ich zu blöd dazu oder es ist wirklich sooo kompliziert. Wäre wirklich schön, wenn jemand den Ablauf von Anfang an bis zum Ergebnis in Bahn mal gründlich (und vielleicht sogar auf deutsch) erklären könnte.

B I T T E !!!

1000 und einen Dank schon im Voraus und herzliche Grüße aus Neuenhagen bei Berlin,
Gunther
Man muss sich schon zusammensetzen, ehe man sich auseinandersetzt.
Das Licht am Ende des Tunnels könnte auch ein entgegenkommender Zug sein.
... Endstation, dieser Zug verendet hier und kippt um.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hello,

I have tried to use the script to make a layout, but I have some problems. I am making a .bna file of all of Denmark, but when I import it to BAHN it freezes. BAHN has been thinking fo a day now, but nothing has happened (other than slowly increasing RAM usage, now at 250 MB). Is it because my .bna file is too big at 70 MB?
I am using BAHN 3.87, but I tried with BAHN 3.84 with the same result, although I killed that within a few minutes. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, it complains about every single instance of LINEABS, it says
Message #701: BNA line #[number] Command LINEABS
Not completely built
both in 3.84 and 3.87.

Thanks!

EDIT: Now it seems like it finished, and is running the tram on the loop you get when opening BAHN. The imported file is nowhere to be found.
EDIT2: Nevermind, the import has been found hiding in a corner :) Still, the error #701 is a bit annoying, especially since it doesn't seem to affect the outcome.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

You need to run the import against a blank layout, otherwise (as you've found) it'll add to whatever's already there.

Imports for large areas will take a long time. One of the things you can do to cut this down is to change the settings in the extractor to use just the railway and coastline elements. This reduces the size of the .bna file dramatically, and with it the time it takes to load it. Back in the day you could use osmxapi to give you a thematic source by limiting the tags returned within the bounding box, but I'm not sure whether anything like that exists anymore.

My understanding is that "Not completely built" simply means that the feature could not be completely translated onto the layout because something was in the way - typically the bit of track, road or coastline it's meeting - remember that in the OpenStreetMap data intersecting ways will share nodes, and so a way that meets multiple other ways will find itself running into existing elements at its ends.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:You need to run the import against a blank layout, otherwise (as you've found) it'll add to whatever's already there.
You does not need, however it is recommended.
Chris hat geschrieben:My understanding is that "Not completely built" simply means that the feature could not be completely translated onto the layout because something was in the way - typically the bit of track, road or coastline it's meeting...
Yes, that is right. This is a warning only that a line crosses something else in the layout. Then, it could not been built completely because it does not overwrite data that already exist (in most situations).

Regards,
Jan Bochmann
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Aha, thanks for your replies :)
Leaving it running all night was a good option, it seems. And a recommendation to others: Don't import a whole country at once :P
Let's see how much I get done now

Thanks!
MLG

Beitrag von MLG »

Hallo, ich benötige dringend mal Eure Hilfe. Und zwar geht es um die Applikation OPS2JBSS, also dieses Programm von dem Holländer zum Generieren von BNA-Dateien. Ich hatte das ganze vor Jahren mal erfolgreich hinbekommen. Jetzt hatte ich mir vor Kurzem einen neuen Rechner gekauft und mir die neuste Version von Perl heruntergeladen um das Skript zum Laufen zu bekommen. ... Ich bekomm es einfach nicht mehr hin, über Perl dieses Skript zu starten. Mir fehlen leider die Hintergrundwissen eines Programmierers. Kann mir jemand Schritt für Schritt erklären, wie ich das Skript wieder zum Laufen bekomme? Das würde sicherlich auch andere interessieren. Vielen Dank!
Do27flyer

Beitrag von Do27flyer »

Hallo,

After being away from Bahn since the end of the 90's, I was so surprised the find this program still exists and is so alive and kicking :)

Anyway, I started to model the Netherlands, starting from around my neighbourhood Utrecht and will expand my project as I can find time. I successfully use ops2jbss to generate the layout, using the latest ops2jbss version 0.22 and the latest Strawberry Perl.
If anyone still wants to use ops2jbss and has problems, I will try to help.

Robert-Jan
broodje

Beitrag von broodje »

Hi, I'm trying to run this program in Strawberry Perl 5.30.1.1, unfortunately I'm immediately greeted with an error:

Code: Alles auswählen

Can't locate ops2jbss.pm in @INC (you may need to install the ops2jbss module) (@INC contains: C:/Strawberry32/perl/site/lib C:/Strawberry32/perl/vendor/lib C:/Strawberry32/perl/lib) at C:\ops2\ops2jbss.pl line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\ops2\ops2jbss.pl line 46.
Line 46 is the 2nd line of code: "use ops2jbss;"
This file is of course present in the map, so I'm not sure why perl fails to load/compile the program.

Does someone with some more knowledge of perl know what is going on?
Antworten