Making a country in BAHN

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
1993matias
Re: Making a country in BAHN

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Just a quick update, I tried making the Copenhagen 2nd generation S-train from scratch, how did I do?
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:
Jan Bochmann hat geschrieben:Hello,

The download of the Öresund train did not work. Something like "you are not allowed to visit this place" occured instead.
Thank you. I can mail you the Öresund train if you want? It works for me on the website.
Not needed, Thank you. I tried it again today and know it worked. Maybe there was a problem caused by the "Ö" letter in the filename.

BTW: I have added the S-tog SA and SE now. In the SE Zoom2 side view there seems to be a small error: the displays for route code and destination over the doors are mirrored. I have fixed this.

Kind regards,
Jan B.
Jan Bochmann

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Just a quick update, I tried making the Copenhagen 2nd generation S-train from scratch, how did I do?
It looks nice.

Kind regards,
Jan B.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

An updated progress map. Trying out a different way to run the trains - simulating individual train numbers for increased precision. That takes a lot of time to set up!

Bild
RED: No trains running
PINK: Some trains running
BROWN: All trains running (maybe except one or two)
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Another updated progress map. Almost finished with setting up individual train number running for the pink line going south - only took a couple of full days of work...

Bild
RED: Track built, but no trains running
PINK: Some trains running
BROWN: All trains running (maybe except one or two)

A look here at the new system with individual train numbers. On the image is Nykøbing Falster station which sees local trains, regional trains, fast trains and EuroCity trains. Most trains terminate here, but some continue to the ferry in Rødby F. Train numbers help manage which trains go where. The EC on this image has just decoupled one IC3 DMU that was added between Copenhagen and Nykøbing for commuters. The other two DMUs will continue on to the ferry at Rødby towards Hamburg.
710R is the local train to Maribo and Nakskov. The simple timetable allows for trains to go to the depot tracks by simply having timed off-duty. R2252 is departing for Copenhagen 17:19 while R2257 arrived at 17:00 and is waiting to turn around and go to the depot tracks (seen starting in the upper left).
Bild
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Maybe the thread should be renamed 'Making Denmark in BAHN'? :)

Anyway, another update. I made a quick and dirty version of the DSB ME locomotive in the original colours.
Bild
Click to download
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Quick question: Is this supposed to happen?
Bild

Note the two trains with identical train numbers of route R35. I can see the base route is different, but I am interested in the current route and how two trains of route R35 can have the same train number?

Also, is there any way to completely ignore the base route (since I can't change it)?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

As I understand it, it is only the combination of base route and train number that must be unique.
Also, is there any way to completely ignore the base route (since I can't change it)?
That depends on what you mean by "ignore". Routing and data changes are driven mainly by the current route, and you can query for the table by base or current route. I get the feeling the various tables might be better rendered using standard grid views, which can probably be made to show whatever combination of columns the user wants, but that's a feature request for another thread I think.

Your progress is looking good so far, which reminds me that I've got my own country to get on with ... ;)
Jan Bochmann

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Quick question: Is this supposed to happen?
Note the two trains with identical train numbers of route R35...
Yes, it is valid.

You can alter the train number and current route code either manually or at data change points.
The only restrictions are the limits (number 1..99999) and the unique combination of base route and train number. Any combination of current route and train number is allowed.
1993matias hat geschrieben: Also, is there any way to completely ignore the base route (since I can't change it)?
You can use only one route code, e.g. "DSB", and assign all trains to this as base route. That seems to be possible. However, by my mind it does not make sense at all. Even in this case you may have trains that do not belong to "DSB", e.g. private separate railways (narrow gauge, industrial, mining, ports) or metros/trams/buses/ships, or international services.

Kind regards,
Jan B.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Thanks for the replies. I think to have a common base route for all trains would make sense while keeping the current routes different. All DSB trains would have base route DSB, since they (at least in theory) could go on any train number. Private rail is not that complicated, so I don't use train numbers there.
I'll update with a new progress map next week - most regional trains on Sjælland are running now and mostly on time!
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Not much new, just some more testing of the current network. Base route DSB and train numbers work as a charm, only errors I get are typos by me :)
Next update after Christmas, enjoy your holidays!
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Another small update, everything running quite smooth. All Regional trains on Zealand west of Copenhagen are done, local trains too. I have also started with regional trains on Funen. I fear the day I start on the Intercity traffic, since all trains couple and decouple parts here and there and somewhere...

Anyway, progress map: Green means all trains are running, orange means some/most are, red means only the track has been laid. Layout is available for anyone interested in having a look.
Bild
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Rather than posting a new progress map I can say that every train (except intercity and other long distance services) is running east of Fredericia - i.e. all the lines you can see on the image. This has one big exception though: Copenhagen S-trains and around Copenhagen Central. As any central station it is a jumble of 100 year's worth of tracks and layout changes. Lots of work there... Next update in maybe a month or so?

Anyway, I have a question for other layout builders out there, though: How do you deal with underground stretches? Here is an example:
https://goo.gl/maps/RD8nBZoakz42
The line goes underground for a couple of kilometres, but how would you represent it in BAHN? Actually underground or maybe changing the tracks to some of the paved ones? I made the tracks the paved ones for the tunnel between Zealand and Funen.
What about subway systems? Hide them underground or put them above ground wherever possible?
Magnesium

Beitrag von Magnesium »

1993matias hat geschrieben:Anyway, I have a question for other layout builders out there, though: How do you deal with underground stretches? Here is an example:
https://goo.gl/maps/RD8nBZoakz42
The line goes underground for a couple of kilometres, but how would you represent it in BAHN? Actually underground or maybe changing the tracks to some of the paved ones? I made the tracks the paved ones for the tunnel between Zealand and Funen.
What about subway systems? Hide them underground or put them above ground wherever possible?
If a track is underground in reality I build it underground in BAHN. Subway systems are hidden underground in my networks for the parts which are underground in reality.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Magnesium hat geschrieben:If a track is underground in reality I build it underground in BAHN. Subway systems are hidden underground in my networks for the parts which are underground in reality.
Seconded. My current style is to put tunnels, overbridges, underground lines and fiddle yards underground.
Antworten