Setting speed limits

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Chris

Setting speed limits

Beitrag von Chris »

Having finally got around to dropping some on my layout, I find I am only able to enter two digits anywhere a speed limit is called for. This is particularly annoying when laying down a speed limit element with over 20 types requiring some value above 100km/h, such as the one below (achieved with much abuse of a mouse on the spin controls). Any chance the maximum number of characters can be changed from whichever of "2" or "as many will fit" happens to be the case to "3" please? I'm not aware of any UI library that hard-links the length of a control's content to the length of its display, so this should be a trivial change.

Dateianhang/Attachment:
Bild
Sander Fondse
Re: Setting speed limits

Beitrag von Sander Fondse »

Use the 'back-space' 3 times. The 3rd digit is in this case a 'space'. When u use the back-space , you schould be able to fill in 3 digits.
Bahn, immer etwas zu tun. Und ohne Verspätungen, wie die NS.
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Use the 'back-space' 3 times. The 3rd digit is in this case a 'space'. When you use the back-space , you should be able to fill in 3 digits.</tr></td></table>

Sorry, but I am afraid that will not help. The edit fields there do not allow scrolling. This will be added in future, thank you for information.

Workaround: Select a smaller font. You find it in BAHN at "Options"-"Fonts"-"Editboxes (Single line)".
For example, "Microsoft Sans Serif" size 8 or 9 should work properly, in contrast with "Arial" where 8 works but 9 already seems to be too wide.

With kind regards
Jan Bochmann
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

This is on a Linux machine under WINE. It would be a pain to change the font, especially since it is the same as the rest of my UI, and already sometimes hard enough to read as it is. I think there may also be issues with other UI elements if I were to use a smaller font, since IIRC a scary amount of layout is done based on an assumed font size - I certainly noticed problems when I moved a monitor and had to increase all my font sizes for sighting reasons. Being a Linux machine, MS Sans Serif isn't available, and even if it were, it's a horrid typeface anyway ;-)

Looks like I'll have to turn off beautiful anti-aliasing and use a condensed face for the time being.
Antworten