English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: English Teamwork 2 planning and discussion

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Long time no see - but never forgotten!

New version 22 has been uploaded today:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... _k6MKYr06d

200 km of regional rail has been activated, and Montspoor Railways has received new train equipment: Bombardier Twindexx EMUs and Bombardier passenger coaches (similar to SNCB I11). More custom rolling stock will come in later updates.

More details about this update will be added later, since I am already late for my next appointment :)
Kind regards - Matias
Denmark 2018 in BAHN finished! Mostly, at least
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Welcome to Montspoor, now with a functioning regional train line!

Bild

The map shows the current extent of railways in Montspoor. From Coates the suburban lines S10/S11/S12 and S20/S22/S24 have served Selden and Ferryden. But now, 205 kilometres of mainline operations have started service with regional trains R51 and R52.
From Coates West station, the two lines are coupled together as R51 with limited stops until Corckicle, where they split. R51 continues to Keswick non-stop and then stopping to Redbanks, while R52 stops at all stations to Keswick Central. These services are operated with Twindexx Vario multiple units, allowing for quick coupling. The schedule is uploaded to the Google Drive in the folder "Montspoor Schedules", this includes IC5 and RE5.

Bild

Keswick is a peculiar station, since it is a terminus. Trains going through Keswick to Redbanks need to use Keswick Interchange instead in order to avoid reversing twice. Some early morning and late evening R51/R52 do reverse with passengers in order to serve Keswick Central and Keswick Interchange.
Keswick Central used to be much more busy, but now most through trains bypass the station and use Keswick Interchange instead. This is after the line to Redbanks was upgraded to 200 kph, making it faster than through the mountains (direct route from Coates). The line through the mountains will be added later.

What is next? Adding trains going north from Selden should be fairly easy. Some of them will continue to/from Coates during rush hour with loco hauled trains. Going north from Corckicle is another rural line.
Intercity services (line IC5) has been scheduled and will overtake R51/R52 a few times, but has not been implemented yet. Hopefully the timings are not too much off in Cairndow to connect to Sascha.

What else is new? Montspoor Railways have gotten "new" InterCity coaches similar to SNCB I11. They can be seen on the exhibition tracks near Coates West. Dedicated regional coaches are expected to be included in my next upload, ending the dependency on real coaches/trains. The repaint shop is hard at work!

Bild
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello again,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Freitag 7. Juli 2023, 21:07Welcome to Montspoor, now with a functioning regional train line!
:clap:
Bild
Looks like the need for a big Keswick 21 project. :lol:
Intercity services (line IC5) has been scheduled and will overtake R51/R52 a few times, but has not been implemented yet. Hopefully the timings are not too much off in Cairndow to connect to Sascha.
Where exactly would it connect? In place of IR11/21F via Strone? :think:
Cairndow-routes.png
Inverfyne+Montspoor.png
Looks like the best fit would be to have an hourly IC5 Coates – Cairndow – Westerly – Garrochty, alternating with an hourly IC11 Clydesgow – Torkham – Cairndow – Westerly – Garrochty, and an hourly IC11E Clydesgow – Torkham – Cairndow, connecting with IC5, so that they form a half-hourly interval on all legs of the Y.

Then we just have to find a place to stash the loose ends of the already planned IR routes.
Edit: The one labelled IR18 in the lower map and IR11/21F in the upper map could take the high road across the old mountain route. (IR?? via Dunoon and IR13/17 via Not-yet-named are aiming for the empty territory south of Monspoor.)
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Samstag 8. Juli 2023, 15:26 Looks like the need for a big Keswick 21 project. :lol:
We aimed for a realistic project instead, resulting in Keswick Interchange :D
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Samstag 8. Juli 2023, 15:26
1993matias hat geschrieben: Freitag 7. Juli 2023, 21:07Intercity services (line IC5) has been scheduled[...]
Looks like the best fit would be to have an hourly IC5 Coates – Cairndow – Westerly – Garrochty, alternating with an hourly IC11 Clydesgow – Torkham – Cairndow – Westerly – Garrochty, and an hourly IC11E Clydesgow – Torkham – Cairndow, connecting with IC5, so that they form a half-hourly interval on all legs of the Y.
That could work - I forgot that your IC routes are half-hourly. When does IC11 leave to the west and arrive from the west? Hopefully my IC5 doesn't have to wait too long in Cairndow.

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Samstag 8. Juli 2023, 15:26 Then we just have to find a place to stash the loose ends of the already planned IR routes.
Edit: The one labelled IR18 in the lower map and IR11/21F in the upper map could take the high road across the old mountain route. (IR?? via Dunoon and IR13/17 via Not-yet-named are aiming for the empty territory south of Monspoor.)
An IC over the mountains could be nice, but I was aiming for less frequent long distance service there. Journey times are (expected to be) around 2½-3 hours with many curves and single track sections. Thus, fixed minute departures (Taktfahrplan) will probably not be possible on that line. But that's okay, the mountains are sparsely populated anyway.
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hi,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Samstag 8. Juli 2023, 16:33That could work - I forgot that your IC routes are half-hourly. When does IC11 leave to the west and arrive from the west? Hopefully my IC5 doesn't have to wait too l
ong in Cairndow.
IC11 leaves Cairndow eastbound :28¼/:58¼ every hour 24/7, with a proper timetable (fewer trains in the evening and nights) planned at some indeterminate time in the future™. :roll:

Arrival from the east is :02/:32, both directions offset by 15min against the IR meetings. As the rail line to Strone is in good use, a possible passage of IC5 through Strone could be :11/:41 to northeast and :19/:49 towards Cairndow.

It might be useful to build a new, fast approach into Cairndow from this direction.

And I hope that your IC5 trains are saltwater resistant. :lol:
An IC over the mountains could be nice, but I was aiming for less frequent long distance service there. Journey times are (expected to be) around 2½-3 hours with many curves and single track sections. Thus, fixed minute departures (Taktfahrplan) will probably not be possible on that line. But that's okay, the mountains are sparsely populated anyway.
You could randomly pad the timetable to the east of Cairndow to even out the arrivals and departures there. Or you could be creative and have two lines, with an 1½h interval on each, and half-hourly departures from Cairndow alternating between line 1, line 2 and a really short run to Strone.

Given that the western half already alternates between Warstones and Rothesay – Westerly – Inverfyne, this would be an interesting timetable.
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

That's some food for thought, at least. For now I will let the layout be while the weather is good out :)
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Ahoi hoi,
as sometimes the weather is too good for outdoor activities (that don’t involve a lake, the sea or an ocean), I inserted some small additions into the teamwork (like the famed new approach from Montspoor into Cairndow station) and uploaded a new version. And a non-graphical file snuck into the folder with user graphics files, as there was no other place to go. :wink:
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Hello again!
A new version so soon? What a surprise! This time Coates has gotten a bit of love. New S-rail lines S30 and S31 connect the border station Farris to Coates - both Continental and West stations. To keep track of the lines, Coates Transit Authority has created a line map. Note that skip-stop services are not differentiated from stopping services:
Bild

Currently, the blue, red, and green lines are in service and operating. Soon, the yellow line to Coates Continental will start operations too.

Preparations for regional lines east out of Coates Continental are underway, as are preparations for trains to start running RE5 and IC5 services.
Timetables have been prepared for an additional IC12 per hour to Coates West, alternating with the existing IC12 to Coates Continental. Plans for a ferry service between Selden and Ferryden are proceeding, with some rumours about tracks on the ferry :think:
Also note the new rolling stock on IC12 in Montspoor. New coaches for Montspoor Railways have been included in this version.

- - -
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Samstag 8. Juli 2023, 15:26

Then we just have to find a place to stash the loose ends of the already planned IR routes.
To be honest, maybe it is not a big problem to just end IC5 in Strone? Unless you want to continue as IC20 to Inverfyne from there? That seems easier than more line splitting and merging and such
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Glück auf,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Montag 24. Juli 2023, 14:49https://i.imgur.com/3JinCYc.png
and Guard’s Road is where Green and Purple have their cross-platform interchange? :)
Also note the new rolling stock on IC12 in Montspoor. New coaches for Montspoor Railways have been included in this version.
I see that the luggage van has shrunk to a wheelchair + baggage compartment. Do you also have sleepers and couchettes? And will the mountainous landscape between Coates and Cairndow be a draw for tourists (and night trains)?
To be honest, maybe it is not a big problem to just end IC5 in Strone? Unless you want to continue as IC20 to Inverfyne from there? That seems easier than more line splitting and merging and such
Strone is a suburb of Cairndow, that doesn’t look like the best place to terminate an IC service. :D And isn’t splitting and merging and such interesting features the reason for BAHN? :wink:

Clydesgow Secret Underground Currently Constructed High-Speed Rail Station.png
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Montag 24. Juli 2023, 23:31 Glück auf,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Montag 24. Juli 2023, 14:49https://i.imgur.com/3JinCYc.png
and Guard’s Road is where Green and Purple have their cross-platform interchange? :)
I doubt that, since there is only one double track south of there. But the frequency of S-trains should be high enough for that to not matter - and the tram system will also help connect in the future.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Montag 24. Juli 2023, 23:31
I see that the luggage van has shrunk to a wheelchair + baggage compartment. Do you also have sleepers and couchettes? And will the mountainous landscape between Coates and Cairndow be a draw for tourists (and night trains)?
The amount of people checking in luggage on daytime trains is small, especially when there are two trains per hour. There is a 100% luggage car in the workshops for trains that need it. Night trains, for instance, or maybe very long distance trains. Nothing is set in stone just yet :)
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Montag 24. Juli 2023, 23:31
Strone is a suburb of Cairndow, that doesn’t look like the best place to terminate an IC service. :D And isn’t splitting and merging and such interesting features the reason for BAHN? :wink:
Strone? Well, I meant Cairndow, of course! To be honest, IC5 takes a bit of a detour to reach Coates. Maybe extending IC20 to Coates directly would make more sense? With the lack of an airport in Coates, we need all the continental connections we can get! How often does IC20 go? I see it joins with IC21 later on.
I'm fine with IC5 being a secondary line.
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Aloha he,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Dienstag 25. Juli 2023, 00:12Strone? Well, I meant Cairndow, of course! To be honest, IC5 takes a bit of a detour to reach Coates. Maybe extending IC20 to Coates directly would make more sense?
sounds good. That’s the tilting train which turns south at St. Catherines, where it has a fine connection with the IC21 in the opposite direction to Inverfyne. (map)
With the lack of an airport in Coates, we need all the continental connections we can get! How often does IC20 go? I see it joins with IC21 later on.

ICs 20 and 21 run at the default frequency of 30min, offset by 15min against IC11, so that Cairndow – St. Catherines – Inverfyne and St. Catherines – Queensbury – Halifax get double frequency. (same map again)

Are you planning to acquire Pendolinos to operate half the trains of IC20 with Montspoor-liveried trains? :) Or are you simply using Finnish Sm2/S220? :P
I'm fine with IC5 being a secondary line.
OK, similar to my IRs. How many carriages can I expect to show up at the border in Strone?
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

IC5 would arrive in Strone :36 past the hour, and needs to depart to Montspoor at around :45 past the hour. This leaves ten minutes for shunting in Redbanks if necessary. Is that a realistic timing for you? Will that work for it to merge with your IR11, or will it be easier to just end the service in Cairndow?
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 00:06 [...]How many carriages can I expect to show up at the border in Strone?
At most seven carriages, 192 metres (plus a loco). Five carriages works well too - then I can detach "local" wagons in Redbanks. If the shunting time needs to be eliminated to fit IC5 into IR11, then always 7 or 8 carriages.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 00:06
With the lack of an airport in Coates, we need all the continental connections we can get! How often does IC20 go? I see it joins with IC21 later on.

ICs 20 and 21 run at the default frequency of 30min, offset by 15min against IC11, so that Cairndow – St. Catherines – Inverfyne and St. Catherines – Queensbury – Halifax get double frequency. (same map again)

Are you planning to acquire Pendolinos to operate half the trains of IC20 with Montspoor-liveried trains? :) Or are you simply using Finnish Sm2/S220? :P
If IC20 can arrive to Coates via Farris, then feel free to send them that way. No need for Montspoor branded Pendolinos in that case. But I wouldn't say no to 2-3 Pendolinos daily via Redbanks - Selden to Coates if you want to break free of the Taktfahrplan :)

EDIT:
I am also ready to accept regional stopping services across the border Cairndow - Redbanks. I have no preference for a schedule, since I have not added intermediate stations yet. Anything goes :) I was thinking hourly plus rush hour services.
Is your line from Cairndow to the border electrified?
What about the freight trains currently turning around at Strone?
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

Hi ho,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 12:30 IC5 would arrive in Strone :36 past the hour, and needs to depart to Montspoor at around :45 past the hour. This leaves ten minutes for shunting in Redbanks if necessary. Is that a realistic timing for you?
the timing and overtaking on this line seems to need some refinement … but currently, the trains leave Strone for Cairndow :04/:34, that doesn’t quite fit with an arrival 2min later. :roll:

Opposite direction is symmetric to this, arrival from Cairndow :27/:57, both not including the stopping time there. Could you maybe build a cutoff of that big dent between Strone and Redbanks so that southbound trains arrive 5min earlier? Then at least this direction would fit perfectly.
At most seven carriages, 192 metres (plus a loco). Five carriages works well too - then I can detach "local" wagons in Redbanks. If the shunting time needs to be eliminated to fit IC5 into IR11, then always 7 or 8 carriages.
Currently it’s 6 carriages for IR18F and 7 for IR11F; upping this to 8 wouldn’t be a problem, if 2×G2000 manage the this load up to 140km/h.
If IC20 can arrive to Coates via Farris, then feel free to send them that way. No need for Montspoor branded Pendolinos in that case. But I wouldn't say no to 2-3 Pendolinos daily via Redbanks - Selden to Coates if you want to break free of the Taktfahrplan :)
If there are gaps in the Taktfahrplan, people will be confused and get stranded! :cry: But some additional trains during morning and evening, aimed at business travellers and tourists, would be fine.

IC22 Garrochty / Rothesay ⛴ – Westerly – Inverfyne – Cairndow – coastal route – Coates (some trains per day) :)
I was thinking hourly plus rush hour services. Is your line from Cairndow to the border electrified?
Hourly is fine, the remaining trains would then turn at Strone. The line is not electrified, so you’d have to accommodate diesel trains in Redbanks. Currently everything there is V100(O) + 3 carriages, one of them double-deck (=low-floor).
What about the freight trains currently turning around at Strone?
They are supposed to continue into Montspoor, but I’m assuming you don’t want freight trains running 24/7. :D There is a big marshalling yard and a container terminal planned near Cairndow.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 22:51[...]
the timing and overtaking on this line seems to need some refinement … [...] Could you maybe build a cutoff of that big dent between Strone and Redbanks so that southbound trains arrive 5min earlier? Then at least this direction would fit perfectly.
Hmm... I'm sure we can manage a quick tunnel construction project ;) Train length will depend on time available to shunt in Redbanks. If there is time, I will send you five or six carriages. Do you want a restaurant car or not?

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 22:51
1993matias hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 12:30[...]I wouldn't say no to 2-3 Pendolinos daily via Redbanks - Selden to Coates if you want to break free of the Taktfahrplan :)
[...]But some additional trains during morning and evening, aimed at business travellers and tourists, would be fine.

IC22 Garrochty / Rothesay ⛴ – Westerly – Inverfyne – Cairndow – coastal route – Coates (some trains per day) :)
I'll make Montspoor Railways buy some trainsets for such a service. But the paintshop is very busy with night train rolling stock at the moment. Unless you will have some Sascha-land Railways branded units to use? I suppose it would have to be either a DMU or a bi-modal MU

1993matias hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 12:30I was thinking hourly plus rush hour services. Is your line from Cairndow to the border electrified?
Hourly is fine, the remaining trains would then turn at Strone. The line is not electrified, so you’d have to accommodate diesel trains in Redbanks. Currently everything there is V100(O) + 3 carriages, one of them double-deck (=low-floor).
I'll fit in an hourly service from you extending R19, unless you want me to use another route. During rush hour I will extend an additional hourly service forming half-hourly service. (For now with change of carriage at the border, just like IC12).
This will probably not happen right away though.

1993matias hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 26. Juli 2023, 12:30What about the freight trains currently turning around at Strone?
They are supposed to continue into Montspoor, but I’m assuming you don’t want freight trains running 24/7. :D There is a big marshalling yard and a container terminal planned near Cairndow.
Ok, I'll take up some freight trains at some point in the future coming from you. Are the schedules of the current freight trains final? Or should I expect the schedules to change (and thus, not plan anything for the time being)?
Kind regards - Matias
Sascha Claus

G’d morning,
1993matias hat geschrieben: Freitag 28. Juli 2023, 00:52Hmm... I'm sure we can manage a quick tunnel construction project ;) Train length will depend on time available to shunt in Redbanks. If there is time, I will send you five or six carriages. Do you want a restaurant car or not?
somewere to sell hot beverages and something to eat would certainly be good. IC1 has two restaurant cars for 17 cars, splitting into one for the 8 cars of IC12 and the other one for the 9 cars of IC11.

For 6 cars, a half-restaurant or bistro car might be enough.
I'll make Montspoor Railways buy some trainsets for such a service. But the paintshop is very busy with night train rolling stock at the moment. Unless you will have some Sascha-land Railways branded units to use? I suppose it would have to be either a DMU or a bi-modal MU
Threading IC22 through Cairndow and out to Strone will be a challenge, maybe we can sacrifice some freight train slots for that. Or the go via the new, electrified line for the fast IC, this also solves the electrification problem.

I would prefer to use the same Fiat/Alstom Pendolinos as on IC20 and IC21 to keep a common fleet. If they use diesel lines, they could be loco-hauled like their British relatives between Crewe and Holyhead: http://www.nwrail.org.uk/c57-390
I'll fit in an hourly service from you extending R19, unless you want me to use another route. During rush hour I will extend an additional hourly service forming half-hourly service. (For now with change of carriage at the border, just like IC12).
Note that SC-R19 (with the orange train) is missing all the connections in Cairndow when coming from Strone, but it has wonderful connections from Cairndow to the southwest. M-R19 (with the blue-and-white train) has great connections from Cairndow to northeast and is the one supposed to continue to Redbanks.

And the rolling stock and route number can be replaced by something of your choice.
Ok, I'll take up some freight trains at some point in the future coming from you. Are the schedules of the current freight trains final? Or should I expect the schedules to change (and thus, not plan anything for the time being)?
The freight trains are scheduled either immediately before the IR or immediately after the it, so the times are final.

It’s currently alternating between a container block train and a ‘mixed bag’ goods train from the soon-to-be-built marshalling yard. That might need some variation, such as trains from the harbours in Inverfyne (the town) and the smaller coastal towns, motorail trains, open access goods trains …
Antworten