1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
1993matias
Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Deal! But the schedule-repair will have first priority (together with a new line).
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Okay, I've done the scheduling, now I'm testing.

@Sacha: Please check this schedule out for the narrow gauge, tell me if it fits.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Sascha Claus

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:@Sacha: Please check this schedule out for the narrow gauge, tell me if it fits.
OK, looks good, as long as you don't expect the trains to do a 0min-turnaround at Moffat. They will have to stay there for 2 hours. I'll need some additional time at the stations to wait for the opposite train when running a 30min interval, but this won't affect your part.

And the train which departs at Moffat 15:11 looks like a typo, shouldn't it leave 15:17?
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

No, it leaves six minutes earlier to be able to cross the 15:00-train from Vetchburn. It's the same with the 21:11-train.

Are you okay to do the scheduling? Because I don't think I know your system ;)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Are you okay to do the scheduling? Because I don't think I know your system ;)
it's an ordinary integrated and synchronized timetable. :P I'm ready to do the scheduling. I'm also ready to cut your ICL in pieces, one part for Lipsia (and further?) and one for Northampton? And maybe a third part to Oxford and Eranthas (if Sirnight agrees)?
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Okay, I'll see if I'm able to make a three-part train.

Also, your SC-R11 have different timetables on sundays at the two terminal stations - at Robbleside every two hours, and at the other end every 30 minutes. Just for now I've made room for both trains at Robbleside.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Also, your SC-R11 have different timetables on sundays at the two terminal stations - at Robbleside every two hours, and at the other end every 30 minutes.
oh no, how could this happen? :cry: Somewhere in the timetable print shop something must have gone wrong. :roll:
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Did you receive my layout yesterday night? Because I haven't.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Did you receive my layout yesterday night? Because I haven't.
yes, complete with teamwork and timetables for your lines. But I already knew that school and BAHN at the same time is bad from my own experience. :D

Maybe your teamwork ended up in your own spam filter?
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

No, that's weird. Maybe the system doesn't send the mail to the sender?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Gmail doesn't normally put your own mail in your inbox unless someone else replies to it.

I also noticed that you added a number to the nt3 file, and I had to do the massive copy/paste operation twice. *sigh*
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Is it bad I added the number?
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

I don't know. Other networks have used a number in the filename, but for 233 revisions, this one was just "teamwork.nt3", so ...

To be fair, I should probably be the last person to complain about it, being the last one on board, so I'm curious as to what the others think.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:Other networks have used a number in the filename, but for 233 revisions, this one was just "teamwork.nt3", so ...
except for teamwork137.nt3, teamwork134.nt3, … and various other exceptions down to teamwork05.nt3. :D
I'm curious as to what the others think.
I think that the NT3 file should be named teamwork.nt3, but I'm always attentive about the contents of the ZIP (or RAR) file.

And as I am already here, I'm planning an additional north-south mainline through the midlands. It will connect at Eranthas & Florwick Railroads Alduin Par station, pass Oxford and end in Wigan, electrified with 1,5kV= (like the existing EFR line at Alduin Par). 1M-IC1/SC-IR133 will be extended via Oxford to Lobster Bay and labelled “The Gliding Dutchman”, offering Ribbleshire (and the Midlands) a direct connection to the sea. At Ardrossan, an SC-IC133 “The Flying Dutchman” will start to run parallel, but with Oxford as only intermediate stop (while the IR will serve small towns along the way). I could split off some coaches from 1M-IC1 and add them to the IC, if matias wants a two-hourly, fast connection to the sea. And of course, there will be iron ore trains from Eranthas Harbour to the steel mills of Ardrossan. Any objections, requests, christmas wishes? A permission by yenz for building this missing link as available for public viewing 11:00–11:15 on Mondays and 7:45–8:00 on Wednesdays at the Ministry of Transport in Lipsia. :wink:

The InterCityLightning Trains from South Neckfieldfleetmere will be named (only for advertising, not as BAHN-internal routes) …

:arrow:Leviathan” to Oxford and Eranthas (after the mayor of Eranthas, Leevi "Sirnight" Pietiläinen :roll: )
:arrow:Elizabethan” to Northampton (after the former mayor of Northampton, Eberhard Dietz—an “Eberhardian” train never existed in the real world :wink: )
:arrow:Loreley” to Lipsia, Annan and Aviemore (after the famous rock it passes)
:arrow:Siren” Annan – Moffat (metre gauge, Greek version of Loreley mythos)

Again: objections, requests, anyone else who wants such daily morning & evening trains?
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

• Can you come with a wild guess on how long time it'll take to run (the ICL)?
  • Shouldn't we give it a common name, like ICL-1, ICL-2 and so on, instead of changing routenames at the borders?
  • Could you please update the map image (link)?
  • Just give some ideas of what freight you could get from me. Iron ore? Wood? Concrete? Something else? Anyways, I added a shunting terminal at SN, where freight trains can end.
And just coming with a wild thought:

Why not make entirely production chains, e.g.
Coal+iron ore -> steel
Oil+chemical plant -> plastic
Plastic+steel -> Cars
Cars -> Car sellers

That would give at least four different factories, and making a system of freight transport - even train factories or shipwrights or paper mills or I could go on :mrgreen:

Anyways, I look forward to build again on Sunday :D

EDIT: I just saw the wiki, it has some weird-looking signs everywhere. What is it? Is it just me?
Antworten