Signalling trouble.

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
4_D

Signalling trouble.

Beitrag von 4_D »

Hi. I've just come back to using Bahn after a short spell away from it. I'm liking the new version but now I'm confused by the signals.

I used to be able to have a signal, which would allow 2 trains into a station with two platforms before turning red. This was done simply by using the count feature.

It's all changed now though, and I'm at a total loss on what to do with them.

Can anyone offer any advice on using signals or point me to something on the web that can help?

Many thanks.
Ilya
Re: Signalling trouble.

Beitrag von Ilya »

The count feature still exists. Use the 'List Connected Signal Systems' button in signal options, choose the signal system you need to modify, then 'Edit Parameters' and you will see the dialogbox you know for counter properties. And this signal system (let's call it 'S1' for example) must have at least two elements: the signal itself depending on S1 and effecting on it (type 'S1+' into the 'Effecting on <...bla-bla-bla...> in normal direction' field, so the train passing the signal will increase the counter), and the switch contact with 'S1' typed into similar field (so it will decrease the counter). [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Ilya am Mittwoch 19. Dezember 2007, 17:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
4_D

Beitrag von 4_D »

Brilliant, thanks for that. I think it was just the sudden shock of something different that threw me. [img]icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Tehre is a "new" trouble.

This appears when:
I copy a part of a layout into another one.
There are equal signaling system names in both (e.g. "S89" in the copied part also in the layout where I copy into).

The program does not create a new one under name "___COPY_S89" but simply unifies it (them) with the still existing older signaling system(s).

Of course, it will cause traffic problems later.
-by-
Jan Eisold

Beitrag von Jan Eisold »

Hello,

I guess that´s a feature, not a bug. For example, take any layout. Now imagine you want to "produce" some new parts as a new layout and insert them into the old one later, using existing signal systems. In that case it is sometimes helpfull if the program enables you to connect signal elements of your new parts with existing signal systems in the older one. Of course this function may couse problems if this effect is not wanted.

Greets,
Jan
- schöner leben ohne nazis -
Markus Klingsiek
Wohnort: Indienststellung: Minden/Westf, Überstellung nach Wien 2006, Überstellung ins Waldviertel 2014

Beitrag von Markus Klingsiek »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">The program does not create a new one under name "___COPY_S89" but simply unifies it (them) with the still existing older signaling system(s).</tr></td></table>

Hmmm... I know this problem very well. [img]icon_twisted.gif[/img] It would be great if BAHN would ask you what you would like to see. [img]icon_cool.gif[/img]
Antworten