1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Hier ist Platz für alle Diskussionen und Kontakte zu Teamwork-Projekten und Wandernetzen!
Sascha Claus

Re: 1st English Teamwork Project (Für Mitbauer)

Beitrag von Sascha Claus »

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:
  • Can you come with a wild guess on how long time it'll take to run (the ICL)?
¿?min S.Neckfieldfleetmere – Ardrossan
30min Ardrossan – Lipsia
45-60min Lipsia – Manx (planned to reduce it to 30min)
45-60min Manx – Aviemore

? Ardrossan – Northampton
? Ardrossan – Oxford

(missing times will be added this morning :wink: )
  • Shouldn't we give it a common name, like ICL-1, ICL-2 and so on, instead of changing routenames at the borders?
Hm. Who assigns the route names? At least the ICL routes all lead to/from Ribbleshire, so these could be assigned by you.
  • Could you please update the map image (link)?
Huh? It's gone! Where was it? It hided itself! I uploaded the old map, now it's there again. I'll update it when Chris hat set his towns.
  • Just give some ideas of what freight you could get from me. Iron ore? Wood? Concrete? Something else? Anyways, I added a shunting terminal at SN, where freight trains can end.
Coal, iron ore and copper ore usually require large mines, but wood is delivered from most mountain areas. Anything else mentioned in the Resources section of my goods list would be good, like fluorite/fluorspar, sand or stone. I'm going to add some Wikipedia links to this list, so you can look where the various exotic minerals are found and for what they are used.

And of course you may build factories and deliver products, not only the resources. On some river valleys in the real world, you could find a paper mill every few kilometres.
Why not make entirely production chains, e.g.
Coal+iron ore -> steel
  • coal -> coke
  • a lot of coke + a lot of iron ore + a little bit of fluorspar -> steel bars, coils (only German text, but some pictures)
  • steel bars + coke -> steel plates, wires, etc.
  • steel + aluminium + plastics -> agricultural machinery :o
I've planned a lot of chemical industry (coal and petroleum) north of Lipsia, but a cement and a concrete factory in Ribbleshire would be nice, if we could get sand, gypsum, chalk and clay from somewhere. :)
EDIT: I just saw the wiki, it has some weird-looking signs everywhere. What is it? Is it just me?
Same here, all my nice umlauts are gone. Something more to fix. :roll:
Make America Great Again? Make Climate Greta!
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:
EDIT: I just saw the wiki, it has some weird-looking signs everywhere. What is it? Is it just me?
I've updated the MediaWiki software and had some problems with charsets. I'll fix it tomorrow. Please don't manually correct this.
Bild
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

I've been sitting here for some time, an I came up with this. I didn't write city names on it, because I don't know then (nor the precise location ot the cities), so this is just to give an idea of the extension of the network. I've omitted lines which I don't see traffic on.
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:Can you come with a wild guess on how long time it'll take to run (the ICL)?

Code: Alles auswählen

arr. dep.
S.Neckfieldfl. 7:40
Ardrossan      8:10  8:20
Lipsia         8:40  8:50 (connection to north and east)
Annan          9:12  9:18 (connection to Moffat)
Aviemore/Moffat  arrival about 10:00
Annan will be new IC hub in the Nene valley and ICL terminus until the Strathspey Railway to Aviemore is upgraded (you can see the very creative way of IR101 down to Manx :roll: ). To calculate the backwards journey is your homework. :D

Code: Alles auswählen

arr. dep.
S.Neckfieldfl. 7:40
Ardrossan      8:10  8:20
Wigan          8:39
Northampton    9:16  9:18?
Parnell?      10:10?
currently no stop in Wigan, but it might be possible for ICL and IA101 to call there after upgrade works on the line along River Nene.
Am faulsten sind die Parlamente, die am stärksten besetzt sind. —Sir Winston Leonard Spencer 'Winnie' Churchill ***
[heute 20:57:22] yenz: der sascha, siggileiin, weiss alles, man versteht ihn bloß nie
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

The first parts of Medford have been laid. There is currently a 10-minute service running all day every day on the link line through the north and west of the city while I devise a more sensible working timetable for it. Trains operate to three destinations, and return workings into the old city are timed to maintain the 10-minute service from Springwell.

The Medford Metropolitan Railways Company is responsible for operating the metro lines as well as some of the suburban lines. Its stock are painted in an intriguing invisible pink livery (shown as plain white, as invisible pink is difficult to represent on-screen). The company have recently realized the problems with having livery that is so striking yet at the same time impossible to see properly, so are looking for ideas for a new colour scheme for their vehicles. This is in no way intended to be a cheap cover for me not knowing what colours I want to use yet. ;)

Next up will be the line to the west towards Perth - suburban and some metro trains will run to Hopford on separate 750V DC lines adjacent to the 25kV AC main lines. Most IC services will stop at Cornford, though some will not. Some will also stop at Hopford during early mornings and late evenings to complement the otherwise reduced service during those hours. Trains will also run on Sundays, except for those lines where they won't. IC services will run into the soon-to-be-completed Castle Street station.

The three route codes currently used are temporary, and will likely change within a few revisions, so they are not yet documented. It doesn't help that many of their calling points, including two of the termini, do not yet have names.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

micha88 hat geschrieben:
I've updated the MediaWiki software and had some problems with charsets. I'll fix it tomorrow. Please don't manually correct this.
It's fixed.
Bild
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:The first parts of Medford have been laid.
looks really good, especially since I also appreciate “round curves” instead of 45°-corners. :)
This is in no way intended to be a cheap cover for me not knowing what colours I want to use yet. ;)
Do it the way I would do it: 750V 3rd rail -> London or Liverpool; Liverpool -> Merseyrail stock

What do you think of an additional IC route Lipsia – Perth – town C – interchange K – … and a parallel IR route? It would run joined with the existing IC/IR110 to Perth and split into two portions there.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Oh god, my part is a mess :(

I just don't know what's happening? I'll try to figure out, and if not, I'll ask.

The new part looks good, I look forward to see what you'll build!

PS: I'll update the graphical map tomorrow (Sunday).
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Do it the way I would do it: 750V 3rd rail -> London or Liverpool; Liverpool -> Merseyrail stock
Mmm... yellow. Conveniently would mean any small-profile metro would also have the required yellow ends. :)
What do you think of an additional IC route Lipsia – Perth – town C – interchange K – … and a parallel IR route? It would run joined with the existing IC/IR110 to Perth and split into two portions there.
I'd prefer if the two were separate trains, since I'm looking to run my patch in a vaguely British style, and that sort of portion working isn't really on the prototype. We get plenty of it on the Southern region, but not on IC type services. FWIW, the route through C to K (which will evenually reach B) is probably not going to be built until the through routes are done.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Do you think it'll be okay if I build a line northwards from SN to Manchester Bromley? It's Yens' area, but he isn't building as far as I know. And I would also like to build something into Matches' area, but he isn't building neither, afaik.

What do you think?
Sascha Claus

Hello,
Chris hat geschrieben:I'd prefer if the two were separate trains,
since both should have transfer connections to all other routes in Lipsia, they'd run one after another, with 3min apart. And of couse, only in Middle Neneshire (ArdrossanLipsiaPerth). At your country, there would only run the separate parts.
since I'm looking to run my patch in a vaguely British style, and that sort of portion working isn't really on the prototype.
I'd prefer the same rolling stock as current IC110 has, Swiss IC2000 double-deck coaches, so it is already not very British. But since IR110 runs with British “Rail Blue” coaches, I could equip IC110 with British IC stock … *looking*for*a*horse*trade* :)
1993matias hat geschrieben:Do you think it'll be okay if I build a line northwards from SN to Manchester Bromley?
Hmmm… only if I may extend IC/IR123 from Northampton and Manchester Picadilly to South Neckfieldfleetmere! :D Since I already built the line StonebridgeWesley without permission (as you can see at the curves), he is used to this. :lol: If he returns, he can just modify it as he wants. So go ahead, but I don't know about anything about this illegal line, its only your fault! 8)
And I would also like to build something into Matches' area, but he isn't building neither, afaik.
Some lines across the border to the existing stations? Go ahead!
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:Hmmm… only if I may extend IC/IR123 from Northampton and Manchester Picadilly to South Neckfieldfleetmere!
That's okay, but it'll only be maybe two departures daily, as I think of it as a secondary line.
Sascha Claus hat geschrieben: Since I already built the line StonebridgeWesley without permission (as you can see at the curves), he is used to this. :lol: If he returns, he can just modify it as he wants. So go ahead, but I don't know about anything about this illegal line, its only your fault! 8)
Work in progress :wink:
1993matias hat geschrieben:And I would also like to build something into Matches' area, but he isn't building neither, afaik.
Some lines across the border to the existing stations? Go ahead!
Well, uhm, I think I need to go far into his country to build this. I hope it is okay for him. Anyway, he can edit it as he want's to afterwards.
Chris

Beitrag von Chris »

Sascha Claus hat geschrieben:since both should have transfer connections to all other routes in Lipsia, they'd run one after another, with 3min apart.
Out of curiosity, what's your connection window at Lipsia? The usual rule here is that a train that leaves within 15 minutes is not a connection. (Some stations have specific numbers - at my local station, it's 7 minutes). Just thinking about potential schedules for through running, since I'm looking at having a range of services which would together form a 15-minute or 20-minute service between Medford Castle Street and Lipsia Main.
I'd prefer the same rolling stock as current IC110 has, Swiss IC2000 double-deck coaches, so it is already not very British. But since IR110 runs with British “Rail Blue” coaches, I could equip IC110 with British IC stock … *looking*for*a*horse*trade* :)
I was thinking that IC110 could run into Medford Castle Street as part of the trunk service on that route, and it's perfectly fine to do that using the IC2000 stock - that's a major route, so has been "cleared for larger vehicles". If this new service is going to start at Lipsia, I would expect that it would continue all the way to city B, and even further once there's somewhere for it to go beyond there, so I suppose the IC2000 stock would be fine there too. It is likely that the route will not be electrified beyond some point between Perth and C, and C<->K will probably also not be electrified.

I expect to be able to produce a pleasant surprise in the near future, though.

I've just spotted your "low-floor" Pacers. I take it this is for tram platforms? The deck in these units is normally at roughly the same height above rail level as normal platforms, so passengers in the low-floor half sould have pickaxes and crampons at the ready otherwise. ;-)
Sascha Claus

Hello,
1993matias hat geschrieben:That's okay, but it'll only be maybe two departures daily, as I think of it as a secondary line.
:shock:

My secondary lines have two departures hourly. :D
Well, uhm, I think I need to go far into his country to build this.
Do you want to dig a base tunnel through the whole mountain range? :o
Chris hat geschrieben:Out of curiosity, what's your connection window at Lipsia?
Transfer time at the main station of my hometown (terminus, 23 tracks, 300m from one side to the other) is 7min, every transfer which is shorter isn't listed by the electronic timetables. Then there is some limit on how many trains are announced as “next departures” in arriving trains by the conductor (if there is any), either by time or by number of trains, but I don't know the details of this.

In my Lipsia in BAHN, all trains arrive not later than :55/:25 and leave :05/:35 (or later). The slow IR110 trains arrive before the fast IC110 trains and leave after them, thereby being overtaken by them. Local trains would arrive even earlier and leave later if they wouldn't have their own tracks.

All trains within this time window are considered to have transfer connection with each other. IR102 runs every 15min, so it waits there only a few minutes, with no chance for anybody coming from the other trains to board, :wink: but when the other trains leave, the next IR102 is already there. I'm going to restrict the 15min interval to rush hour soon™. :roll:
Just thinking about potential schedules for through running, since I'm looking at having a range of services which would together form a 15-minute or 20-minute service between Medford Castle Street and Lipsia Main.
You can't send too many trains to me! :) Compare it to my neighbour on the other side … :wink: 20min-interval won't fit with my basic 30min-interval, but 15min would fit nice. But the additional trains don't have as many transfer connections and only run on a shorter section, so the don't need to be double-deck and can use the old single-deck stock, which was cascaded down an arrival of the new IC2000 cars (=I need a reason for using yet another type of cars).
I was thinking that IC110 could run into Medford Castle Street as part of the trunk service on that route, and it's perfectly fine to do that using the IC2000 stock - that's a major route, so has been "cleared for larger vehicles".
A high-speed line east of another town with “L” comes to mind … IIRC the IC2000 are not allowed to go everywhere in Switzerland, I'm sure they are banned from the old Gotthard and Lötschberg lines because they are a little bit too wide in the upper deck.
It is likely that the route will not be electrified beyond some point between Perth and C, and C<->K will probably also not be electrified.
Since I need an additional engine anyway after splitting the train, I would attach a diesel loco of your choice in Perth.

Suggested routes:
IC110: L’derry – … – ManchesterClapham JctArdrossanLipsiaPerthA
IC1??: ArdrossanLipsiaPerthK
both every 30min, joined from Ardrossan to Perth, same timetable as now; supplemented by IR110 trains serving more and smaller towns, on the whole line or only west of Perth
IC110 E: LipsiaPerthA
every 30min, forming 15min interval with IC110

What do you suggest?
I expect to be able to produce a pleasant surprise in the near future, though.
:shock: Help!
I've just spotted your "low-floor" Pacers. I take it this is for tram platforms?
These are for the typical continental platform, as they are grandfathered numerous times like in Kreiensen and modernised often like in Au. I already noticed that GB has much higher platforms even in the oldest stations.
1993matias

Beitrag von 1993matias »

1993matias hat geschrieben:That's okay, but it'll only be maybe two departures daily, as I think of it as a secondary line.
:shock:
My secondary lines have two departures hourly. :D
Well, my country has a low population density, and the capital has ~200.000 inhabitants.

The new layout has been changed as follows:
-New line from S. Neckfieldfleetmere to Manchester B. (Yenz). Hourly departures all day; 1500V = overhead.
-New line Odaro-some city in the south of Parnell Country. Three departures daily; two on Saturdays and Sundays.
-New airport at SN, rail shuttle to the airport and bus to the airport.
-New bus lines inside SN, and from SN to Robbleside (border station) and southwards.
-New train factory in Vetchburn, television factory and concrete factory in SN. Read local infotexts for information.
-Freight trains now have more room in SN.
-Suggestion for new rail line SN-Somewhere around Ardrossan.
-And probably the most important: The timetables are fixed :D :D :D

And some future projects are:
-Upgrading the mainline to 220 Km/h
-New rolling stock for IC and RE
-Double track SN-Middlesborough, increasing capacity from one train/hour to many trains/hour!
-More factories
-General rail upgrading on all lines, speeds up to 140
-Electrification on the mainline (and maybe on the secondary lines too?)

I hope you like what I've made!

Sincerely

Matias, King of Ribbleshire
Antworten