The first nfz-Editor

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Bastiaan
Re: The first nfz-Editor

Beitrag von Bastiaan »

Excellent! Also the new list with color types is much better now!

Toll! Auch der neue List mit Farbetypen ist jetzt viel besser!

Bastiaan
Niederländische Grafiken für BAHN -- Jetzt nicht mehr auf DutchBahn, aber auf Trapho.net!
Mirco_B

Beitrag von Mirco_B »

it's no feature is's a bug

cut and paste from a imported file does produce an error, if the cutted file is the last set in the imported file
SAVE THE VINYL! - Es lebe die gute alte Schallplatte
Alexander S. Konov

Beitrag von Alexander S. Konov »

I am sorry, my homepage is not accessible today. It is a problem with hosting [img]icon_sad.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Alexander S. Konov am Samstag 4. Februar 2006, 10:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timo F.

Beitrag von Timo F. »

I don't know if that is correct, but if I want to copy more than 92 pixels, the nfz-editor won't do this. It only copys 92 pixels.

Ich weiß nicht, ob das beabsichtigt ist, aber der nfz-Editor kopiert nur 92 Pixel, leider nicht mehr.
"Ihre Verbindung wird gehalten..."
Alexander S. Konov

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Mirco_B

it's no feature is's a bug

cut and paste from a imported file does produce an error, if the cutted file is the last set in the imported file</tr></td></table>
<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Timo F.

I don't know if that is correct, but if I want to copy more than 92 pixels, the nfz-editor won't do this. It only copys 92 pixels. </tr></td></table>
Could you give me more detailed description of these bugs? I was trying to repeat these situations, but all was working right...

P.S. I have opened the mirror of my website: http://bahnmodelling.by.ru. An English version of the NFZ Editor page added: http://bahnmodelling.by.ru/exe/nfz_e.shtml. There is an update: now Polish texts are available - thanks to Łukasz M. P. Pastuszczak. It can be downloaded with ZIP file or separately.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

I think, Alex made on 1/02/06 a small update of the 1.5 Beta 1 version fixing a problem with selecting an replaced the Zip-File on his site with the fixed one.

@Timo: have tried to download & unpack the current version again?
Bild
Alexander S. Konov

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I think, Alex made on 1/02/06 a small update of the 1.5 Beta 1 version fixing a problem with selecting an replaced the Zip-File on his site with the fixed one.</tr></td></table>
Yes, it is true...

Czech texts by Tomas Mykl are available now. You can download them from page http://bahnmodelling.by.ru/exe/nfz_e.shtml (separately or with whole NFZ Editor ZIP file).
Zuletzt geändert von Alexander S. Konov am Samstag 4. Februar 2006, 18:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

I have a small wish: Would it be possible, that the editor reads the first command-line parameter and opens the indicated file?
With this, it would be possible, to tell the Windows Explorer that it should open .nfz-Files with the editor.
Bild
Alexander S. Konov

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I have a small wish: Would it be possible, that the editor reads the first command-line parameter and opens the indicated file?
With this, it would be possible, to tell the Windows Explorer that it should open .nfz-Files with the editor.</tr></td></table>
Yes, this function will be added in the next version! [img]icon_smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Because my BAHN-website was not working on the previous hosting, it has been moved permanently to the other place. Now its address is http://bahn.mosfont.ru, and NFZ-editor link is http://bahn.mosfont.ru/exe/nfz15b1.zip.
Alexander S. Konov

A new version of NFZ Editor has been released (1.5). Some found bugs are fixed. Program automatically registers itself in the Windows Registry (if it is executed under user account with admininstrator rights), so it is possible to open NFZ files directly from Windows Explorer.

The following languages are available for this version: Czech, English, German and Russian.

Link to the ZIP file: http://bahn.mosfont.ru/exe/nfz15.zip (492 KB)
Zuletzt geändert von Alexander S. Konov am Samstag 11. März 2006, 18:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

I have found a small error in the NFZ-Editor:
The length of the name of vehicle sets is limited to 32 characters (or with the terminating 0 byte 33 characters) in BAHN, but with the editor, you can exceed this limit, which results in the BAHN error 493.

ich habe einen kleinen Fehler im NFZ-Editor gefunden:
in BAHN ist die Länge der Fahrzeugsatz-Namen auf 32 Zeichen (mit abschließendem 0-Byte 33 Zeichen) begrenzt, mit dem NFZ-Editor lässt sich dieser Wert aber überschreiten, BAHN zeigt dann aber den Fehler 493 an.
Bild
Bastiaan

Beitrag von Bastiaan »

I just discovered that NFZ-editor 1.5b1 is running very very slow on my computer. When I add a new vehicle to a set, it takes very much time to load the views. And when I draw something it takes some seconds before it actually is there.
The reason why I discover this only now, is because I never tried to do this before in NFZ-editor 1.5b1. I didn't have this problem in the previous versions.

I habe jetzt entdeckt dass NFZ-editor 1.5b1 sehr langsam läuft auf meinen Computer. Wenn ich ein neues Fahrzeug zu einem Set hinzufüge, dauert es sehr lange um die Ansichte zu laden. Wenn ich etwas zeichne, dauert es einige Sekunden bevor es da wirklich ist.
Der Grund warum ich dieses erst jetzt entdecke, ist weil ich das noch nie früher probiert habe in NFZ-editor 1.5b1. Ich habe dieses Problem noch nicht gehabt mit den früheren Versionen.

EDIT:
I reinstalled the program and the problem has now gone. I is still strange, though... [img]icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Zuletzt geändert von Bastiaan am Mittwoch 26. April 2006, 19:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Niederländische Grafiken für BAHN -- Jetzt nicht mehr auf DutchBahn, aber auf Trapho.net!
Alexander S. Konov

The new version of NFZ Editor is available, 1.7 Beta1. It can be downloaded from http://bahn.mosfont.ru/exe/nfz17b1.zip.

The new function is importing vehicles from BAHN (bahn.fzg file). It is available from menu Edit->Vehicle->Import from BAHN. Thanks to Jan Bochmann for detailed decription of the internal BAHN format.

All found bugs are fixed.
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

Thanks for the import function, it is great! [img]icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But I noticed following things:
If there is no entry in the vehicle fleet list selected, "Insert into current set" leads to a "List index out of bounds (-1)" error - could you place there a nicer sentence like "No vehicle fleet selected. Please select one." ?

On some Vehicle Categories first is a vehicle set, where the name ist empty - on eletric engines vehicle set #26227, on freight/good cars set #41004, on Rail cars set #20810. Maybe this problem exists just with the german BAHN-Version, I don't know.
Bild
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Aah great, that bug that made it crash when a lot of vehicles in the fleet seems to be gone too.
Antworten