3.84R3 runs EXTREMELY slow.

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Ilya
3.84R3 runs EXTREMELY slow.

Beitrag von Ilya »

Hello everyone! Thanks for the new version. I've got a problem with it. It really runs veeery slow. At speed value 1 I get 1 bahn-second per 3 or 4 real seconds (!), depending on how much trains are running on the screen the same time. For me it seems double strange as I've got a modern computer (Celeron 2200MHz) and didn't suspect any troubles with 3.84r2 and older versions.
I've tried some different fps values, but whatever value I set, it's no effect.
Philipp K.
Re: 3.84R3 runs EXTREMELY slow.

Beitrag von Philipp K. »

I've also noticed that...

But working with signals is much faster than with 3.84 r2...

But in my opinion, Version r3 is to slow, so I use r2 still, because I've not noticed the often mentioned problem with the slw signal menus...
micha88

Beitrag von micha88 »

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello everyone! Thanks for the new version. I've got a problem with it. It really runs veeery slow. At speed value 1 I get 1 bahn-second per 3 or 4 real seconds (!), depending on how much trains are running on the screen the same time. For me it seems double strange as I've got a modern computer (Celeron 2200MHz) and didn't suspect any troubles with 3.84r2 and older versions.
I've tried some different fps values, but whatever value I set, it's no effect.</tr></td></table>Have yout tried to change the Braking multiplier (should be Коэфф. замедления in russian version)? You get to this option when you click on the speed value. Also disabling the Windows Timer could give additional speedup.
Bild
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Yes, I've tried that trick. Do I set either 5000 or 1, nothing changes.

P.S.BTW I prefer English version... don't know why, but maybe it became 'home' to me and I'm too lazy to learn another hotkeys etc. )))
Jan Bochmann

Beitrag von Jan Bochmann »

Hello,

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hello everyone! Thanks for the new version. I've got a problem with it. It really runs veeery slow. At speed value 1 I get 1 bahn-second per 3 or 4 real seconds (!), depending on how much trains are running on the screen the same time.
</tr></td></table>

How many trains are running there?

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><span class="genmed">Zitat:</span></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
For me it seems double strange as I've got a modern computer (Celeron 2200MHz) and didn't suspect any troubles with 3.84r2 and older versions.
</tr></td></table>

Then, the CPU should not be the reason. It looks more like a problem of multi threading. When you run WinXP or Vista, then try to set the compatibility to "Win2000" for BAHN.

Regards
Jan B.
Ilya

Beitrag von Ilya »

Hello Jan!
I've got the problem even if I place 2-3 trains to run on the 'startup circle'.

BTW, I'm afraid of trying what's gonna be after opening such big layout as wn "Regio" )))
Antworten