OFF-topic: a timetable tool wanted

This area is dedicated to our foreign guests of this forum. Contributions can be written in any language.
[Diese Kategorie ist den ausländischen Gästen dieses Forums gewidmet. Beiträge können in beliebiger Sprache verfasst werden.]
Antworten
Blöky

OFF-topic: a timetable tool wanted

Beitrag von Blöky »

I ask the forum users' help.

Does anybody know a timetable tool which matches with these reqiurements:
* Freeware or (if possible) download by on-line paying
* Timetable "string graph" inteface with good visuability
* Departure and arrival times should be recorded after given data (measured by Bahn simulation)
* Traces of trains should be deleted, lengthened and shortened
* Traces sholud be copied and shifted, partially or fully

Not compulsory but advance:
* Possibility of storing together data of trains which use a common section of 2 or several lines (and of course displaying them in the graph while editing)
* Non-problematic using repeated train-numbers (headcodes, like routes in Bahn)
* Run-time calculation without detailed knowledge of technical data of locoes / MU-s

There are 4 softwares I've found bot none of them matches with my basic reqirements.
-by-
Chris

Re: OFF-topic: a timetable tool wanted

Beitrag von Chris »

I tried building a basic setup for my layout, and will probably try doing it again at some point. The key thing to be aware of is the vast quantities of information you need to keep track of. As the complexity of the layout increases, the amount of background data increases exponentially.

In the meantime, I'd be interested in seeing what you found already, since I may find things from it that will be useful in other ways.
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Hello chris,

I have found the next softwares:
1) Timeteble Sheduler
This is an American author's product, I found a link to his program on the Signal site (linkrd to JBSS homepage). The link does not live for some years.
Freeware
The program is flexible regarding on train deletion, lengthening and shortening. Similar train numbers (names) do not cause problems.
The weaknesse are:
Graphic display neither has grids nor it can be zoomed. This makes visual overview hard, even we can drag trace lines and dep/arr. times.
Pre-calculation is possible but it uses miles, no kilometers. If I record the station distances in km insted miles and I input speed in km/h it works well but the maximal speed value is 99 [img]icon_cry.gif[/img]

2) Stefan Bormann's Bildfahrplan program as "Zusi-Tool"
It is found by a link on Zusi-website.
Freeware
An extra skill of that software that is it can store data like they belong to a network. First you have to create the network, not separate lines, you can record the position of the stations as they follow each other but not their distance. Also you can create diverging lines. Of course the individual lines determining the station order for graphs. So, if a train uses a common section of 2 or more diverging lines, its trace is displayed in the graph on all lines which the common section belongs to.
But it has some weaknesses too:
Midnight cannot be overpassed!
Train "strings" cannot be copied.
Running ways can be lengthened or shortened by a very uncomfortable way.
If I use train numbers (names) more than 4 characters, their displaying covers the dep/arr. data.
Against its weaknesses, regarding on its advanced rail network model I keep this program the more interesting, but I am not satisfied with it totally.

3) "Grafikon" tool of Simulátor
Link: http://www.vypravci.com/simulator.html
Product of Michal Novotný, freeware.
The nice point, the program draws graphs with an estethic design - the graps can be overviewed very well, and zoomable.
Train manipulation is generally flexible, but deleting a complete train is not solved well int the program - but a deleted train can be easily marked or repaced by another train.
Line are separated (no common section defined as in the Bormann's one), but the running times can be copied - it require much care!
Manipulation is manual. Equal headcodes are handled, but these numbers appears in the graph only when I ask drawing the numbers off all trains. But these numbers are drawn on wrong places. It is easily justifiable on case of one train but with all - terrible!
If I have a hardly-going mouse I use better this program, by advantage of manual input.
The language of the program is Czech and there is no replacement of language. But the program can be discovered, while it has not biult in too many functions. One thing, "importing" data requires more studying text and I did not understand it. I sen the author a letter with asking him to translate it into English, but no answer [img]icon_cry.gif[/img]

4) FBS - FPL of IRFP
(to be continued)
Now I mus conserve myself for tomorrow - more precisely, for today [img]icon_wink.gif[/img] , good night!
-by-
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

(continuation)
4) FBS (Fahrplan Bearbeitung System) from IRFP, Dresden
This software is developed for professional appliers but there is a "Private" version, for 60 €. It is one thing this seems too expensive against 27€ of Bahn; a second thing is that paying download is not available but a key stuff is sent by post. We can download a demo version without saving function and the "key" makes a Private version from it.
The timetable manipulating functions are highly advanced, somewhere seem too difficult... Against this advanced technology data storing works into separated files by lines. There is a function "Adopting trains from another line" but I culd not know up what are its conditions. The newest thing is an English documentation; soon I will read it and I became more cleaver perhaps. [img]icon_wink.gif[/img]
But a train trace string culd not be recordig by simply typing in dep/arr. data (can be modified and copied). A new train can be set exclusively by giving loco and car type, weights, traction power data on different speeds etc. The program calculates running times by these factors.
I do not know how to purchase all of these data of vehicles all I use in Bahn. Even, FBS Privat uses only a limited set of vehicles and this set cannot be enlarged.
Actually I have downloaded the demo but I haven't ordered FBS Privat yet.
This program doesn't seem an applicable tool for Bahn but it can be itself interesting of exciting... no more.

These are my experiences; I amn't fully satisfied with any of these products.
-by-
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thanks for these infis

Here's another one : spotplot

I give you the link : http://www.spoorzoeker.nu/software/spotplot.htm

Bye

S.TETAZ
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Anonymer, thanks for the info!

Erm, I do not know Dutch at all, on the homepage difficult scripts [img]icon_redface.gif[/img] are referenced, but I will download and try it.
-by-
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Oh, not scripts, data only [img]icon_redface.gif[/img]

In the Czech Grafikon.exe manual input is a menu command of the program itself.
In Bormann's fahrplan.exe there is shifting by dragging, but if we need manual input that is more difficult (also in text file).

There is another Dutch program working by the same method but it displays the graphic data directly.
Download:http://home.hetnet.nl/~niels-karsdorp/uk/railsoft.htm
-by-
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

DRGL site mentioned above disappeared [img]icon_exclaim.gif[/img] [img]icon_mad.gif[/img]
-by-
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

Hi!

I had the exact same problem, thats why I made two programs. But, none of these did succeed.
First one was commandline based, second one had a small gui.

Those programs did some of the stuff you wanted.
Screenshot of "string graph".

I can post source if you want it. (I only have Linux version built. Compiling under windows should work.)
From this time forward, my sword shall be with you and your fate shall be with me. Now, our contract is complete. (Saber)
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Hi!

What program language does the source have?
-by-
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

C++

Source code
Data files, put in same directory as executable.

yeah, If someone wants to play with them, remember to get ClanLib otherwise it won't compile.

Buut, I think I'll make 3rd one someday, vectors would be nice...
From this time forward, my sword shall be with you and your fate shall be with me. Now, our contract is complete. (Saber)
Blöky

Beitrag von Blöky »

Thank you!

What is ClanLib?
-by-
Sirnight

Beitrag von Sirnight »

ClanLib is the SDK is use.
http://clanlib.org/
Antworten